Hi,

I have been trying to find answers to these questions, not much luck.

I have the following setup: Gmail (not through EAS), work EAS account (not BES), LinkedIn, Twitter, BBM.

1. How do I add contacts to just 1 account (eg. Gmail) without it being added to local and others (eg. Work EAS Outlook)?
    2. How do I filter to see Local contacts?
    3. When contacts link between multiple account (eg. Gmail and EAS Outlook) how do I see which content comes from which account? For example my Gmail contact has telephone number with +1 in front and the Outlook does not, so I end up with two phone numbers in that contact and want to fix it to stop duplicate fields within the contact.
    09-12-13 03:11 PM
    Hi,

I have the following setup: Gmail (not through EAS), work EAS account (not BES), LinkedIn, Twitter, BBM.

1. How do I add contacts to just 1 account (eg. Gmail) without it being added to local and others (eg. Work EAS Outlook)?
    3. When contacts link between multiple account (eg. Gmail and EAS Outlook) how do I see which content comes from which account? For example my Gmail contact has telephone number with +1 in front and the Outlook does not, so I end up with two phone numbers in that contact and want to fix it to stop duplicate fields within the contact.
    1. you can stop syncing contacts on your EAS Outlook ( Sucks)
    2. I played with it,and couldn't figure this one out
    3.I think this is fixed in 10.2
    09-12-13 03:57 PM
    Not syncing with my EAS isn't really an option. It works fine for me, it's just that when I add a new contact I would like to prevent from going to my EAS account and just my Gmail. Or vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:01 PM
    Yeah, I hear ya.. just not doable right now.
    09-12-13 06:36 PM
    Hi,

Re #1:
    Theoretically, open Contacts app, tap "ALL" at bottom left and choose the account to which you wish to add the contact. Add the contact.
    (This is hit and miss -- I've had mixed results.)

Re#2:
    To see local contacts only, in the Contacts app, swipe down from the top, tap settings. Under "Show Account in Contact List", toggle everything off. (This doesn't delete anything, just hides them.) Any contacts left showing are Local Contacts.
    Bonus info: If you wish to delete all Local contacts at once, from the homescreen, go to Settings > Accounts > overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right). Tap "Clear Local Contacts".

Re #3:
    Two ways:\
    1. As in answer 1, tap "All" at bottom right, and select which contact account you want to go through.
    2. Open any linked contact. On the bottom bar you'll see an icon "Links". If that contact has linked entries, there will be a number in parentheses after it: i.e., "Links(3)". Tap where it says Links, and you'll see the linked entries broken out. Tap on any one of the entries, and it will show the info for it. You can add links or remove them here.

Hope this helps. ~ecm
    09-12-13 07:22 PM
    Yeah I ran into this issue recently I have 2 Gmail accounts 1 personal and one professional, and I want separate contact lists but if I add a contact it adds to both Gmail accounts and local contacts

Via CB10
    09-12-13 07:29 PM