11-26-13 05:07 PM
27 12
tools
    Thanks, Qwerty. Am aware of that button.

I think I've figured out the problem...

Over the years, the mail folder at the site has become "messy". The default directory (/mail/) is where all the new email accounts I create go (each in their own subdirectory). If I set up a new email address (bbtest), the Q10 automatically and accurately picks it up as an IMAP account and I can get access to the folders.

My email account is buried a couple of other directories deeper in the /mail/ directory. Now why Thunderbird picks this up automatically and BB10 doesn't is a whole different kettle of fish, but I think I have a path forward (no pun intended) to figuring this out. We'll either determine the right entry for the IMAP Path blank in the Q10's setup, or we'll pick my email directory up and move it to where the others are.

Thanks everyone for all the time spent here trying to give me a hand. This is a great community. I'll post another update once we get it figured out for sure.

David
    11-26-13 10:17 AM
    So, the issue is fixed now. It seems BB10 is pickier than most mail clients about not attaching to a directory that isn't clearly specified. Thunderbird found my mail directory -- buried three subdirectories deep -- without problem. The support folks made a proper "symlink" entry in the mail directory and it worked just fine AFTER I removed the "INBOX" path reference from the BB10 setup.

FWIW, I looked in my other accounts and there exists a similar situation in one of the Courier installations, but BB10 had no problem with that. Go figure.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all your help.

D
    11-26-13 05:07 PM
27 12