05-16-15 12:20 PM
28 12
    Just archive your email. Anything prior to 5-10 years ago. Problem fixed.

Posted via CB10

Do you have any other suggestion other than archiving the e-mails?

Thank you.
    05-16-15 08:37 AM
    We use z-push and zarafa at our company and everything was working great until 10.3 came along. 10.3 changed the way Activesync works and we have two major issues:

1. The handset will try to sync everything even when told to only sync 30 days. The way we kind of solved it although not entirely is by editing our config files in z-push and limiting the sync time frame. This only works for the main mailbox not for the send folder or other sub folders.

2. HTML mail is broken. We have fixed this particular issue unofficially so its no longer a problem for us but z-push devs need to fix it in the main branch. Aside from this issues, we find z-push/zarafa working well with BES12.

Z-push does not do 14.1 AS only up to 14.0.
    05-16-15 12:17 PM
    Are you using z-push as the activesync server?

Here's a new one I ran into today, and it wasn't fun.

I have an utterly huge email store going back (literally) to the 1980s. It is all visible under my desktop Thunderbird client via Dovecot (a really amazing IMAP server, by the way, that can handle ridiculous levels of load and I have deployed at clients with huge user bases and even bigger mail stores.)

Anyway, I recently implemented an Exchange connector front end to this since I have clients that want it, but don't want to give up a working email system (don't get me started on Exchange!)

So I did, and life appeared to be good.

Until I pointed my Passport at my native email store.

All of it.

Now I wasn't ridiculous about it -- I only told it to sync the INBOX and a half-dozen folders. But -- it went and got state information for all of them.

What's worse, it kept maintaining that internally on the Passport.

Now the good news is that the phone didn't wig out and crash.

The bad news is that the PIM and Hub CPU and battery consumption went to somewhere north of Mars and stayed there with the server being repeatedly hit for state changes.

In a word, meh.

Not that I think anything else would do better; I run IMAP on my PC and Laptop for a reason, and this is the reason. I can subscribe to a handful of folders for push notification but not have the damn server hitting me up every 30 seconds with this and that, and as a result my CPU usage is nil yet I still have access to everything.

But that's not an option if you want BES management of BB10, nor if you want S/MIME even after 10.3.2. You run exchange or you don't get it, period.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just saying it is what it is and you need to be thinking about how you're going to compartmentalize email in some sort of fashion if you have utterly huge archives that you want access to. This much I can tell you -- the BB10 phones can't handle being terminals into a mail system with a couple of thousand folders accessible at a given time on Exchange.

Access to this sort of data store works perfectly fine on IMAP without a care in the world but then you give up S/MIME and BES management.

Having to make that choice sucks; BlackBerry needs to open up S/MIME so it works on IMAP servers and having BES manage them would be nice too.
    05-16-15 12:20 PM
28 12