View Poll Results: Who's Behind the US Availability and OS Updates?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • US Carriers

32 88.89%
  • TH and BBRY

2 5.56%
  • Both

2 5.56%
    I'm baffled by the announcement of the 10.1 roll-out. First it was the Z and Q10 availability. Now it�s the OS updates. Who�s really behind the shafting?

It is to my understanding that 10.1 is to come with some pretty nice UI enhancements and ability to download particular apps such as Skype that 10.1 ready-only. Most importantly, it�s supposed fix the rebooting issue.

Here�s where I�m ticked about this whole, carrier owned updating system. If the updated OS is to bring instrumental improvements, why isn't it available for my carrier, VZW US and why isn't BBRY forcing this update?
    This process is killing BBBY�s growth in the US. With the many reported device returns because of the glitches, this just seems to add salt to the womb. Not everyone is as patient as I am.

I�m not whining about not being included. Too old for that. This is more of a call-out to the US carriers which seems to have very little support to its BBRY customers or BBRY is not doing a good job at trying to win back users in the US.

Either way, I'm not a fan right now.

Who do you think is behind this?
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    05-14-13 03:30 PM
    Do AT&T users have the 10.1 yet?
    05-14-13 03:36 PM
    The US carriers DO NOT WANT BlackBerry to succeed. This is obvious from their inability to launch on the same schedule as everyone else, and the derisive marketing non-efforts over the last 3 years. This is unlikely to change unless BlackBerry closes the Waterloo headquarters and relocates to the lower 48, with a new management board controlled by US nationals.
    05-14-13 03:39 PM
    I added a poll. Vote.

I want to know how everyone else feels about this.
    05-14-13 03:45 PM
    honestly you should do like I did, unlock your device and get a sim from Canada.. Its only like 5 dollars but you will have all the updates without delay... Also you can try removing your sim and connecting to windows computer and going to blackberry.com and trying to update there... That worked for me, but then again my phone is unlocked... worth a try tho
    05-14-13 03:58 PM
    Poor Americans...
    You'd think they were the only users in the whole universe being left out...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:04 PM
    What is "TH" in the poll?
    05-14-13 04:07 PM
    Thorsten Heins
    05-14-13 04:11 PM
    I'm baffled by the announcement of the 10.1 roll-out. First it was the Z and Q10 availability. Now it�s the OS updates. Who�s really behind the shafting?

It is to my understanding that 10.1 is to come with some pretty nice UI enhancements and ability to download particular apps such as Skype that 10.1 ready-only. Most importantly, it�s supposed fix the rebooting issue.

Here�s where I�m ticked about this whole, carrier owned updating system. If the updated OS is to bring instrumental improvements, why isn't it available for my carrier, VZW US and why isn't BBRY forcing this update?
    This process is killing BBBY�s growth in the US. With the many reported device returns because of the glitches, this just seems to add salt to the womb. Not everyone is as patient as I am.

I�m not whining about not being included. Too old for that. This is more of a call-out to the US carriers which seems to have very little support to its BBRY customers or BBRY is not doing a good job at trying to win back users in the US.

Either way, I'm not a fan right now.

Who do you think is behind this?
    For the record, never "add salt to the womb". The baby wouldn't be happy. I'm surprised that T-MOBILE isn't charging forward here, but maybe Apple is adding a little pressure to delay things in the US for BlackBerry. Or, the US carriers are pissed about how rocky the Z10 launch was/is.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-14-13 04:15 PM
    Poor Americans...
    You'd think they were the only users in the whole universe being left out...

Posted via CB10
    It's not about being left out. It's more about, what's really going on with the carrier support.

The device availability is one thing but not rolling out a MUCH needed update seems fishy.

#postedwithaz10
    05-14-13 04:24 PM
    BOHICA

Bend over, here it comes again.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:55 PM
    If you look at the other thread (sorry can't find to link to it) about t mobile, they are making the 10.1 in the us fix the random reboots, I think the delay may have something to do with making sure it does that

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:09 PM
    The US carriers DO NOT WANT BlackBerry to succeed. This is obvious from their inability to launch on the same schedule as everyone else, and the derisive marketing non-efforts over the last 3 years. This is unlikely to change unless BlackBerry closes the Waterloo headquarters and relocates to the lower 48, with a new management board controlled by US nationals.
    This is probably true, not that I'm calling it a conspiracy, but that there is a level of antiblackberryness in the us due to its not being American, therefore they think of it as trivial

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:11 PM
    Simple economics and simple politics:
    Carriers and Telco's in the US have a strangehold on networks, bandwidth and and overwhelming ability to dictate to consumers based on a weak as p*ss lack of regulation and enforcement of fair trade by a government that, like a mirror, reflects that apathetic attitude of the voting population that is happy to p*iss and moan on forums, but couldn;t be bothered crossing the street to excercise the democratic right to vote come election day.
    Big name sellers like the iphone and galaxy labels get people in the door, with a contract signed and little effort from the carriers: win.
    Blackberry requires a level of seller knowledge and effort that underpaid, teenagers aren't going to be bothered making, and carriers don't need to pay for when big names in the market are willing to fund it on their behalf and do this as a part of their marketing strategy, and can afford to based on WORLDWIDE volum of sales.
    No conspiracy. No tin foil hats required
    Harley Kid and yellowhammer like this.
    05-14-13 05:30 PM
    Do AT&T users have the 10.1 yet?
    As of May 14, it us no avail OTA.

I have not tried through BlackBerry update website yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:54 PM
    honestly you should do like I did, unlock your device and get a sim from Canada.. Its only like 5 dollars but you will have all the updates without delay... Also you can try removing your sim and connecting to windows computer and going to blackberry.com and trying to update there... That worked for me, but then again my phone is unlocked... worth a try tho
    won't work with verizon, all canadian carriers are GSM not CDMA
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-14-13 06:13 PM
    BOHICA

Bend over, here it comes again.

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha.
    05-14-13 07:17 PM
    won't work with verizon, all canadian carriers are GSM not CDMA
    Wrong, Telus and bell work off cdma.they did at one point at least if not still.

Posted via CB10
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    05-14-13 07:32 PM
    And ... the only person to state the obvious without "candy coating" the truth so its easier for the elitists to take ... goes tooo ... onethreealpha! Congratulations! You have hit the nail on the head ... put the arrow through the bullseye and shot a hole in one ... ALL in one thread. LoL Pathetic isn't it ... the way politics and money can control ANYTHING.
    HotFix likes this.
    05-14-13 07:56 PM
    Hasn't this resulted in not success for everyone? Thought I remember reading it didn't work for some.

~STV
    05-14-13 08:21 PM
    If you look at the other thread (sorry can't find to link to it) about t mobile, they are making the 10.1 in the us fix the random reboots, I think the delay may have something to do with making sure it does that

Posted via CB10
    True but definitely not confirmed.

~STV
    05-14-13 08:23 PM
    Who's behind Playbook not getting jack $hit?
    05-14-13 08:23 PM
    BBRY is the one doing the shafting... nothing new for them.

Problems with the STORM were all on BlackBerry. Maybe carriers rushed them, but that was only because RIM got caught with their pants down.

Carriers and the whole US had nothing to do with the failuar that is the PlayBook. Or all the late update and now the feeling of being left out of all the BB10 goodness.

And have the carriers suddenly changed how they have opperated for years? Testing all new devices and each new OS update. And normally only doing a few updates per device. No BBRY knows how things opperate.
    05-14-13 08:39 PM
    Wrong, Telus and bell work off cdma.they did at one point at least if not still.

Posted via CB10
    Telus's CDMA network never used SIM cards though. They only started doing that when they switched to GSM.
    05-14-13 11:49 PM
    BlackBerry seems to try perfect everything for the US, and it's really annoying cause everything they delay to perfect, is always still incomplete in the end. The US consumer market is really rocky for them because "BlackBerry" has had a bad reputation in past years in The USA.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    05-17-13 12:45 AM
34 12