My Z10 since the last update has been automatically zooming maybe 25% each time I turn it on. Already searched for the fix, which is apparently just to turn off your zoom function. Yeah, that works, but then you have no option to zoom manually either. This is not a fix in my opinion, just a BS solution. Also now my phone is intermittently not receiving or sending texts or phone calls. Not my service. Plenty of bars and my roommate who is on the same plan(with a windows phone) is having no issues. Emails are coming through no problem. Ready to skip this thing across the river and finally go Android. Any solutions or suggestions?
    07-11-15 06:18 PM
    Go Android, love your 1st post! SMH

Via BlackBerry Passport
    der_mit likes this.
    07-11-15 06:27 PM
    Backup your data using BlackBerry Link then reload your OS. The Z10 doesn't do optical zoom so your problem is definitely software-related.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-11-15 06:33 PM
    No I know it doesn't have optical zoom. i was talking about the screen being zoomed in automatically. Fix; go into Accessibility, turn off zoom, good to go. Dumb, because then you cant swipe or pinch to adjust screen magnification at all. Thanks for the replies so far though, I'm about to try reloading my OS in just a minute.
    07-11-15 07:16 PM
    No I know it doesn't have optical zoom. i was talking about the screen being zoomed in automatically. Fix; go into Accessibility, turn off zoom, good to go. Dumb, because then you cant swipe or pinch to adjust screen magnification at all. Thanks for the replies so far though, I'm about to try reloading my OS in just a minute.
    If you're going to reload your OS why not try 2339. It's the latest. Try an autoloader from here. Just un7zip it and click the Exe. You will lose everything on your device. I would also avoid restoring. Start fresh. It's what I and many others always do. No issues carried over

All OSes can be found here:

https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/6tMMp...3dTocYhTwQn6io

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 07:48 PM
    I have to ask, but how often are you turning off and on your phone in the first place? Are you talking about holding the lock button until the phone is actually turning OFF?

I've done that maybe four times in the two years I've had my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 09:15 PM
    No I am talking about just turning the screen on and off. Every time it magnifies to about 25% automatically and i have to pinch the screen to do anything. Did a reload. No good, same problems. Took forever too. Thanks Pdinos3 but to lose everything on my phone is too tasking to just start over with the same untrustworthy device. Plus it's been randomly dumping my charge and dying while other times it stays charged for days. WHAT!? I've loved my Blackberry for the last few years but it has not been without it's foibles and this is the last straw. Adios Z10, I'll miss your simplicity and uniqueness but you are an obsolete piece of junk that I suspect lacks competent programmers and infrastructure at the snakes head. And I'm pissed about it too cause I really wanted a Passport but I just can't do it.
    07-11-15 09:39 PM
    Which 2339 file should I use anywise Pdinos3? There a several. That's if I reconsider and try to keep this POS.
    07-11-15 10:39 PM
    Did the standard reload through Link and no change.
    07-11-15 10:41 PM
    My Z10 since the last update has been automatically zooming maybe 25% each time I turn it on. Already searched for the fix, which is apparently just to turn off your zoom function. Yeah, that works, but then you have no option to zoom manually either. This is not a fix in my opinion, just a BS solution. Also now my phone is intermittently not receiving or sending texts or phone calls. Not my service. Plenty of bars and my roommate who is on the same plan(with a windows phone) is having no issues. Emails are coming through no problem. Ready to skip this thing across the river and finally go Android. Any solutions or suggestions?
    What do you mean by zooming manually? It has never been possible. You either use magnify mode or you don't.

Via CB10 Runnin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 11:31 PM
    Sorry should have said automatically magnifying, not zooming. Only when i turn the screen on.
    07-12-15 06:42 AM