Did I understood correctly that unlocked BB10 devices autobrands according to the inserted SIM?
    If that's true, this is a showstopper, in my country the carriers are too invasive, they have ugly wallpapers and boot logos, scam bookmarks and useless apps.
    That sucks, I want "clean" experience, I don't want that.
    Carrier bookmarks and carrier phonebook entries (for example, in carrier phonebooks we have useless scam entries like "call a taxi" for 3 euro/minute or "buy a random ringtone for 5 euro")
    03-01-13 04:08 PM
    My guess is the degree of "autobranding" involved can be very minor. I have an unlocked Z10 on Rogers, and it shows a simple Rogers splashscreen for a few seconds during a reboot, and that's about it. I may even have had to add the 3 simple Rogers apps that are on my desktop, and in any case I can delete them.

I'm not sure there's any other "branding" going on here, at least for me. I do have #AUTO and #TAXI entries in my contacts, but I suspect those came over from the 9900 and, in any case, I can delete those too.
    03-01-13 04:36 PM
    I've got a unlocked z10 from the UK and when I insert my sim card which is on T-Mobile UK, I get no splash screen or anything of the sort when it's booting up. All I get is the blackberry logo as it boots up.
    As for carrier rubbish, all I have is a icon of a sim card that says interactive and within it, it has the rubbish from my network.

Kinda jealous that I don't have a carrier splash screen when my z10 boots up lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 04:59 PM
    My guess is the degree of "autobranding" involved can be very minor. I have an unlocked Z10 on Rogers, and it shows a simple Rogers splashscreen for a few seconds during a reboot, and that's about it. I may even have had to add the 3 simple Rogers apps that are on my desktop, and in any case I can delete them.

I'm not sure there's any other "branding" going on here, at least for me. I do have #AUTO and #TAXI entries in my contacts, but I suspect those came over from the 9900 and, in any case, I can delete those too.
    One other thing to be "aware" of: the branding also include radio options... so with one SIM the OS can give 4 radio options and with another perhaps only 3 - including the text used...
    so -GSM, WCDMA, HDPA+,LTE with one SIM, can be "2G,3G+4G,2G+3G+4G" with another...

-and some carriers also include their SAT apps... and other shortcuts they feel they want to fill your device with - and no way to get rid of them... if deleted they will re-appear after reboot.
    03-01-13 07:42 PM
    Indeed, the branding depends on what carrier the SIM card comes from, but the degree of it varies from carrier to carrier - the only thing Telus puts on the phone is the Telus My Account app (presented as an OS update during the initial setup) which can be uninstalled, nothing else. I've heard similar stories from a few other carriers, though I can't remember exactly which ones they were off-hand.
    03-01-13 07:47 PM
    That's what my thread I posted yesterday says

Here
    03-01-13 08:10 PM
    That's what my thread I posted yesterday says

Here
    Yes, I discovered the "feature" in that article
    He loves it, but if I was a reviewer, I would give 0/10 on this.
    Carrier branding is something that i hate so much.
    I was very angry when I discovered that on my unlocked unbranded Curve 9320, undeletable scam carrier bookmarks and apps appeared (scam because I will be debited money when accidentally click them)
    03-02-13 03:25 AM
    Did I understood correctly that unlocked BB10 devices autobrands according to the inserted SIM?
    If that's true, this is a showstopper, in my country the carriers are too invasive, they have ugly wallpapers and boot logos, scam bookmarks and useless apps.
    That sucks, I want "clean" experience, I don't want that.
    Carrier bookmarks and carrier phonebook entries (for example, in carrier phonebooks we have useless scam entries like "call a taxi" for 3 euro/minute or "buy a random ringtone for 5 euro")
    You don't have to accept the carrier update, just ignore it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 04:10 AM
    Mine is sim free. Inserted my 3 sim and after the first reboot, there was 3 logo on the screen.
    So yes, there is kind of "Autobranding".

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 07:04 AM
    Yup... mine is SIM free, and when I inserted a Vodafone SIM in I got a voda splash screen.
    03-02-13 07:16 AM
    Yup... mine is SIM free, and when I inserted a Vodafone SIM in I got a voda splash screen.
    Me too but only after I accepted the update.
    03-02-13 08:02 AM
    The same goes for a Vodafone unlocked Z10. I put in an MTN Nigeria sim card and after rebooting, it came up with their splash screen at startup. Nice touch I must add. My previous BlackBerrys didn't do that.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 10:11 AM
    Have an unlocked Fido Z10. Put a Maxis (Malaysia) simcard and BB screen on bootup. Just a SIM app that allows me to access my SIM, and the Maxis store in BB World.
    03-02-13 10:30 AM
    In my UK sim free device, O2 SiM gives o2 splash. Voda sim gives voda splash, both only at boot time after 100%.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 07:05 PM