Can any experts tell me why auto loaders do not work on my z10 , STL 100-01 (the device is bricked) since installing from an auto loader seems to be the only option to revive the phone. Any alternates to install an auto loader on a bricked and non responsive Z10 other than Link and Sachesi? Thanks
    11-07-13 01:46 PM
    Are you using 7zip to open downloaded leaks?...Download it and your leaks will load...

1. *If you are installing a leak for the first time, download "7Zip" (free) from the web.

2. Disable device radios (this prevents new messages arriving during backup/restore. Most people do this by putting the device in Airplane Mode.) Delete ALL accounts.
    3. Do a backup using Blackberry Link, unplug phone and turn it OFF. Remove sd card.
    4. Close Link
    5. Double click leaked file.

6. Double click file in 7Zip folder (if necessary and wait for screen on PC to show a black window and look for the words "Connecting to Bootrom". (may take up to 6-7 minutes)
    7. Plug in phone. Red light comes on and turns to green. OS will load up in about 3-5 minutes or so.
    8. Complete initial device setup (if using the optional Security Wipe method below, don't bother signing in to BlackBerry ID)
    9. Disable device radios
    10. Optional/recommended: Perform a Security Wipe (Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe)
    11. Complete initial device setup (I usually sign in to BlackBerry ID here)

12. Sideload your selected applications
    13. Restore from Link (Optional and I do NOT recommend doing this. I personally do not use restore. I start fresh)
    14. Enable radios if needed.

15. Sign in to your accounts.
    16. Insert sd card. Choose where to save files (usually "SD Card")

*I do not restore except when reinstalling an os from the same version number. (IE: restoring 10.1.0.273 backup to a phone that has 10.1.0.273 os installed) I have found that older os data sometimes causes conflicts on newer os's.

Can any experts tell me why auto loaders do not work on my z10 , STL 100-01 (the device is bricked) since installing from an auto loader seems to be the only option to revive the phone. Any alternates to install an auto loader on a bricked and non responsive Z10 other than Link and Sachesi? Thanks
    amicuzzz likes this.
    11-08-13 01:45 AM
    Perhaps you are using an OS that is incompatible with the STL100-1?
    11-08-13 03:34 AM
    Autoloaders do work on my STL100-1 device.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1791 Hybrid
    11-08-13 04:06 AM
    Many thanks for the detailed reply
    My phone has switched off and I am not able to switch it on, no matter what I try. Can I still try loading an autoloader on a phone which I cannot manually switch on? I had removed my memory card and sim.
    Also how long can an installation take, since I just get 'connecting to bootrom' and this is the only prompt on the pc. no lights red or green on my z10. Awaiting your views on this.
    11-08-13 05:57 AM
    Your autoloader might be corrupted when you tried to install to your device. You may want to redownload the OS again. Why don't you try this alternative way to create an autoloader by yourself.

1. download Sachesi here. Save and extract it to your preferred destination.
    Autoloader failure : No response on bricked z10 and display is off-directory.png

2. search OS. click download all (radio and os). you may want to click at the circle button. refer picture below.
    Autoloader failure : No response on bricked z10 and display is off-429.png

3. after finish downloading both OS and radio files, go to Sachesi/OS folder, select both downloaded BAR files and extract it with 7zip with "extract here" submenu.

4. From Sachesi, go to extract tab and combine folder. choose sachesi/10.2.0.429. it will create autoloader for you.
    Autoloader failure : No response on bricked z10 and display is off-combine.png

5. turn off your phone and run the executable autoloader-qcfm. after a while, maybe 10-20 seconds later, switch on your phone and pray that autoloader will upload the OS to the boot rom.
    Last edited by shiakap; 11-08-13 at 07:01 AM.
    11-08-13 06:20 AM