Lots of phones can turn on at a specific time from being truly off.

It's a hardware feature, and one that's not included in BB10 (or really any other popular) phones.

Go into notifications, edit your bedside mode notifications, you can even put it on battery saving mode now.

That's the way to go, if that's not good enough, then you'll never be happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:58 PM
    This is fun.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:51 PM
    Bedside mode IS "turning off" on BBOS phones

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:03 PM
    The one huge advantage was that the phone actually started working at a specific time while draining immensely less battery than just turning notifications off. And I still got my missed calls log from Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:51 PM
    Bedside mode IS "turning off" on BBOS phones

Posted via CB10
    But it's not turning the phone ON
    03-19-15 11:07 PM
    It was a good feature. I think it would be nice to have again and I think most people are missing the point you were making. Why can't it basically go in and out of bedside mode at specific periods like the old phones did essentially. Meeting mode doesn't do anything for shutting off the radios and dimming the screen and going into battery saving mode doing everything you can with bedside mode as far as customization; and bedside mode can't be controlled automatically like meeting mode. I don't see why bedside mode couldn't be made to be automatic at certain periods.

CB10 via Z30
    andreyveslord likes this.
    03-19-15 11:32 PM
    But it's not turning the phone ON
    Well BBOS was not turning the phone OFF! Boils down to the same!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 06:18 PM
    It was a good feature. I think it would be nice to have again and I think most people are missing the point you were making. Why can't it basically go in and out of bedside mode at specific periods like the old phones did essentially. Meeting mode doesn't do anything for shutting off the radios and dimming the screen and going into battery saving mode doing everything you can with bedside mode as far as customization; and bedside mode can't be controlled automatically like meeting mode. I don't see why bedside mode couldn't be made to be automatic at certain periods.

CB10 via Z30
    This I agree, we should be able to schedule bedside mode.

But I disagree that we should bring back the fake "off" feature of BBOS

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 06:19 PM
    With Battery Saving ON in Bedside Mode, my Z10 loses roughly 5% charge with it unplugged for an 8 hour night, and that's with radios ON. While my old 8530 might have lost at most 1% in Hibernation, the benefit of my Z10 instantly ready to go at the swipe of a finger, I feel, greatly outweighs the difference. If they made Bedside Mode an automatic feature, that'd be fantastic, but it's so easy to move between now that I don't find it cumbersome.
    03-20-15 08:33 PM
    I think bb10 should return mode auto on/off like os

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 10:18 PM
    Auto bedside mide ON/OFF now that's what she need. Finally getting somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    raydogsboarder likes this.
    03-21-15 12:52 AM
    Just wait and see friends they have MAJOR things planned ahead. Very good friends with someone who's worked there for over 15 years. I'd like to correlate on that but I can't!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 01:27 AM
    Was that major announcement : BlackBerry going full Android btw?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 08:03 AM
38 12