Anyone knows of an app either on blackberry world or android that powers on your device on schedule ? Like we used to have with BB7.

Please don't waste my time with sleep mode answers

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:04 PM
    Nope. Likely never coming back.
    03-10-15 07:06 PM
    Anyone knows of an app either on blackberry world or android that powers on your device on schedule ? Like we used to have with BB7.

Please don't waste my time with sleep mode answers

Posted via CB10
    You do realise that BB7 never really turned off when it "powered down"? It was essentially a sleep mode.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 07:15 PM
    It was still better than sleep mode.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:19 PM
    It was still better than sleep mode.

Posted via CB10
    W-what? So sleep mode was better than sleep mode?
    03-10-15 07:33 PM
    Yeah BB7 sleep mode was better than BB10 sleep mode. For those trying to make me look stupid.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 07:44 PM
    Damned useless trolls

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-10-15 08:05 PM
    Damned useless trolls

Posted via CB10
    Sleep =/= locking. Both phones can "locked" (shutting down the screen). Both phones tell you can turn them off, but only one of them actually powers off. The other one lies to you and goes to into sleep/hibernation.

BlackBerry 10 has no sleep/hibernation, so there is no way BB7's implementation was better, if BB10 has no implementation. How would a device with no power power itself on?
    03-10-15 08:12 PM
    Way to totally miss the point. At least now you're bringing something to the conversation.

The biggest advantage of BB7 and many agree with me, was that you could make yourself available to receive calls at a certain hour without making any further action after setting a time.

You can use specific notifications programs to go from silent to available, but it means your phone isn't in hibernation then and that's what I want.

Anyone who ever enjoyed the scheduled power ON/OFF ability of BB7 and earlier knows what am talking about.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:35 PM
    Way to totally miss the point. At least now you're bringing something to the conversation.

The biggest advantage of BB7 and many agree with me, was that you could make yourself available to receive calls at a certain hour without making any further action after setting a time.

You can use specific notifications programs to go from silent to available, but it means your phone isn't in hibernation then and that's what I want.

Anyone who ever enjoyed the scheduled power ON/OFF ability of BB7 and earlier knows what am talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Well, then your answer lies within the first reply.
    03-10-15 08:39 PM
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 08:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you want to specify a period of time that notifications are off... use meeting mode in calendar. You can personalise as much as you want (each Monday between midnight and 6 am no calls and a different schedule for Tuesday...)

That's what it's for... I think it's much better than "auto power" on.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:10 PM
    Meeting mode puts the phone on hibernation ?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:19 PM
    As Master Bla1ze answered, it's not likely to come back. Lets end it here.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    03-10-15 09:38 PM
    Yeah, let's not wish for good things... LoL

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    It can control your notifications during preset time periods.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 09:52 PM
    Yeah, let's not wish for good things... LoL

Posted via CB10
    It's a technical limitation of the new phones and the OS, afaik. The old BB phones never fully turned off, that's why the features were possible. :-)

Yeah, I remember, my old Nokia rang the morning alarm even when it was turned off.

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-10-15 09:58 PM
    It can control your notifications during preset time periods.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    Found a bunch of apps for that. Too bad you weren't in my previous conversations. Still not as good as before.

Posted via CB10
    bobshine likes this.
    03-10-15 10:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you want your phone to go in hibernation? Not sure I'm following.... you just want it to hibernate for the sake of it?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 10:56 PM
    Found a bunch of apps for that. Too bad you weren't in my previous conversations. Still not as good as before.

Posted via CB10
    Well before, you turn the phone off and it hibernates, so you get no notification.

Now you either can set yourself a scheduled meeting mode to silent notification, use bedside mode or just put it on silent.

Honestly, I don't see the difference between bedside mode and "hibernation". Both has the radios turned off, both would save battery, both would allow the alarm to ring.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:01 PM
    But your phone doesn't wake up after the alarm rings.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 12:46 PM
    I feel I sleep better with my phone turned off. I wanted to test the difference between off/hibernate/ silent. I don't think you can understand unless you used to enjoy autopower on/off before.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 12:50 PM
    I feel I sleep better with my phone turned off. I wanted to test the difference between off/hibernate/ silent. I don't think you can understand unless you used to enjoy autopower on/off before.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did use it before. It was the most horrible thing I ever used cause there was no way of knowing if the phone was dead or just hibernating.

Also, to my surprise, the phone wasn't really off... it just shuts the screen off and the radios... so basically it is still draining battery... that got me clueless as to why make a "fake" off without having a real way to truly turn off the phone.

Then I figured it out, it takes 10 mins to boot a BBOS phone... that's why they needed a fake off.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:45 PM
    Obviously nothing truly OFF can wake on it's own. And "enjoyed" was the key word. "Most horrible thing ever" ???? You're just trolling now...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 10:25 AM
    Obviously nothing truly OFF can wake on it's own. And "enjoyed" was the key word. "Most horrible thing ever" ???? You're just trolling now...

Posted via CB10
    Trolling? I hate "turning off" the old BBOS phones cause it was just a fake off. You get nothing of the benefits of a reboot (memory doesn't get cleared, battery still draining) and you don't get the benefits of having the phone on silent (don't see if something tried to call or send messages)

So yeah, it was the worse of both worlds. Tell me one advantage of having the old bbos phones "off" vs having a BB10 phone on bedside mode. There is none.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:48 PM
38 12