Hello fellow BlackBerry-ans, the simple question I have is if there is a way to Auto Delete older SMS messages in BB10 10.2.x...? I've tried to search for a solution, but couldn't find anything useful except manual delete. I currently have about 4000 stored messages and just want to get rid of very old ones. No HUB performance issues whatsoever, but I don't need to keep so many messages. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    12-21-14 11:35 AM
    I suggest some backup tools to store a copy just in case you need some date or info. It's easy to do a search. Then select text message alone in the hub by pressing the lines icon on the left bottom of the hub. Select a date before which you want to delete. Long press the date and select delete prior. It will delete all sms before a particular date.

Anand
    12-21-14 11:50 AM
    Massages backup is not a problem. I transfer my messages cross-platform with SMS Backup. Deleting messages manually in BB10 HUB is the problem. I have over 100 conversations there with different people. Need to take a day off to go through all of them... lol. Next thing I'm going to try is to do a backup, then edit manually the *xml backup file, then delete everything in BB10 and restore from the new file. I'm sure it's going to work, but it's definitely not a user-friendly solution.
    12-21-14 12:15 PM
    Just go to the HUB, display your Text Messages and long press the date (probably not the top one, say from 1 week ago). The overflow opens and you have just to tap the "Delete Prior" option. Done.
    12-21-14 02:46 PM
    Just go to the HUB, display your Text Messages and long press the date (probably not the top one, say from 1 week ago). The overflow opens and you have just to tap the "Delete Prior" option. Done.
    I know Delete Prior option, but it's not a solution to the problem. Here is why - all my conversations show dates from last month just because the date is when I got the last message. In the same time some threads contain over 200 messages, some over 6 months old. I don't want to wipe everything prior some day in December 2014.
    12-21-14 04:02 PM
    Change display style from conversation to individual messages.
    Then use the 'delete prior' method as detailed above. Always back up just in case.
    Auto Delete older SMS messages-img_20141222_061904.png

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    vbdwork likes this.
    12-21-14 11:20 PM
    Change display style from conversation to individual messages.
    Then use the 'delete prior' method as detailed above. Always back up just in case.
    Excellent idea! Thank you!
    12-22-14 04:51 AM