Hey,

For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to prevent auto complete or auto correct from changing words that I've spelled correctly.

For example, it might change "hey" to "her". "But" to "big". "From" to "room". Sometimes some really strange suggestions will appear as well. "Hi" will change to Vodafone or SwissCom. No idea where those have come from :/

Anyway, someone had previously mentioned that this wasn't the case in 10.1, but I have 10.1 from Telus so I'm wondering if I have a setting wrong.

I tried "Clear Learned Words" but that didn't seem to have any effect. Any suggestions from those that don't have correctly spelled words changed on you?

Here are my settings.

Auto complete changing words spelled correctly.-img_00000381.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by madx80h; 05-17-13 at 06:39 PM.
    05-17-13 06:27 PM
    The space bar has the word it thought you meant it and the word you typed above it. To keep your word swipe up.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:48 PM
    My favourite is the constant correcting of "this" to "thus".

I think it's using what you wrote to predict what word you want to use. It should get better over time as it gets used to you and the way you type.

Mine usually gets better right before I wipe it for a leaked OS. =/

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:36 PM
    My favorite is have to gave. No matter how many times I type "have" my Z10 insists on putting in "gave." No idea why ( grin)

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:24 AM
    It seems to be worse with shorter words for me, but I guess that kind of makes sense. I type "as" and it changes to "ad", "as" will change to "us", that sort of thing. With longer words it will often only change the end, "fixes" may become "fixed", etc. It's pretty good overall, would like to find the setting though where it doesn't change words spelled correctly.
    05-18-13 01:34 AM
    I am also having a horrible time with the auto correct. I will often start a sentence with the word No and it will change to Ko. This makes no sense to me.

I have also changed the auto correct with space bar setting to fix misspelled words only and it continues to correct words even if they are spelled correctly.
    My learned words setting is off.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 08:19 PM
    I disagree that it gets better as you keep using it. It recognises words not recognised before however after a couple of months it was auto correcting correct words to misspelled words.
    Resetting the dictionary resolved this issue, but obviously I'm back to square one with the non-standard words.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 04:51 AM