After moving from native BB device to BB10, I have been missing auto Bcc option in email configuration. I was hoping since last 3 years that it would be available in 10.1 , 10.2.0, 10.2.1 and 10.2.2 but no hope. Whether any hope to add in 10.3.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-10-14 12:42 PM
    Auto BCC was part of BIS, not the OS. Bb10 does not use BIS. Hence no auto BCC.
    And no its not in 10.3

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.710
    rvt07 likes this.
    08-10-14 01:14 PM
    I am eagerly waiting for this feature in BB10.
    11-17-14 03:18 AM
    Can someone suggest any alternative method ?
    11-17-14 03:20 AM
    It's not auto, but it's there.
    Add it manually.

With due diligence from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1016
    11-17-14 03:21 AM
    As jafrul pointed out, all you can do is add it manually. Other than that, there's nothing. Unless you switch to BES. Or to IMAP, if you trust the 'cloud'. Which I don't.

If they can't implement auto-bcc into POP3, at least give us the option to have the bcc field constantly show. The way it is right now, I regularly forget to bcc myself.
    11-17-14 05:30 AM
    Or to IMAP, if you trust the 'cloud'. Which I don't.
    IMAP doesn't mean Cloud you know ? It's just a protocol, like POP3, designed for mobile device. You can choose either one, the Data stays in the same place
    11-17-14 06:44 AM
    Correct. IMAP however doesn't make sense unless you leave everything on the server, which means - except you have a private Mailserver - the cloud.
    11-17-14 10:04 AM
    Correct. IMAP however doesn't make sense unless you leave everything on the server, which means - except you have a private Mailserver - the cloud.
    mmmm Nope It's just a mean to access your email, that's all.
    Now, IMAP are further functionalities to be battery efficient mostly. It's a better choice over POP3 for mobile devices. As they are only protocol, the storage of your emails is the same on both side.

As a side note, I will add : a "cloud" is just a storage space like your hard-drive. The thing is you can add more storage/hard-drive on demand without the need to change your access to it or temporarily disconnect it.
    11-17-14 10:12 AM
    Auto BCC for Emails is an app that does BCC without you having to manually do it every time.

I'm still evaluating it for reliability.
    01-03-15 09:27 AM
    IMAP doesn't mean Cloud you know ? It's just a protocol, like POP3, designed for mobile device. You can choose either one, the Data stays in the same place
    mmmm Nope It's just a mean to access your email, that's all.
    Now, IMAP are further functionalities to be battery efficient mostly. It's a better choice over POP3 for mobile devices. As they are only protocol, the storage of your emails is the same on both side.

As a side note, I will add : a "cloud" is just a storage space like your hard-drive. The thing is you can add more storage/hard-drive on demand without the need to change your access to it or temporarily disconnect it.
    You have both fallen into the poorly defined entities trap. "Cloud", along with Web 2.0, Social Media and others is really too poorly defined to be the basis of a debate like you have forming here. RA-HA is right in that for things one might be concerned about, how secure, reliable, etc is the storage on someone else's server, IMAP has many if not all of the problems any "cloud" solution would have. Of course Joshu42 is correct in that IMAP is just a protocol. But the so are HTTP, JASON, REST and others that form the basis of many Web 2.0 and/or Cloud solutions.

As an IT professional I always cringe when I hear the word cloud in a meeting. I usually require the person using the phrase to fully specify what they really mean or at least acknowledge that they are using it to mean "I don't know how we are going to solve this, but probably use a server on the network."
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-03-15 09:40 AM
    Of course Joshu42 is correct in that IMAP is just a protocol. But the so are HTTP, JASON, REST and others that form the basis of many Web 2.0 and/or Cloud solutions.
    Since this thread is becoming somewhat pedantic, I'll just point out that neither JSON nor REST are protocols in the generally understood sense. The former is a data format which could of course be used as part of a protocol. The latter is more of an architectural characterization.
    01-03-15 10:18 AM
    Old thread ! IT guy here also...
    Thanks Baarn for your correction
    You have both fallen into the poorly defined entities trap. "Cloud", along with Web 2.0, Social Media and others is really too poorly defined to be the basis of a debate like you have forming here. RA-HA is right in that for things one might be concerned about, how secure, reliable, etc is the storage on someone else's server, IMAP has many if not all of the problems any "cloud" solution would have.
    Well, my definition of cloud storage is short but right. It's just a means to store data with a promise on scalability. That being said, the private or shared storage part, and of course the security one, are another stories.
    Again, the server can store your email on this cloud storage and offer you POP3 and/or IMAP protocol to access them. In both case, you can choose to let the emails on the server or to download them to your email client.
    I really don't understand why you want to link IMAP and cloud storage so much ? Care to extrapolate ?
    01-03-15 11:39 AM
    Old thread ! IT guy here also...
    Thanks Baarn for your correction
    Well, my definition of cloud storage is short but right. It's just a means to store data with a promise on scalability. That being said, the private or shared storage part, and of course the security one, are another stories.
    Again, the server can store your email on this cloud storage and offer you POP3 and/or IMAP protocol to access them. In both case, you can choose to let the emails on the server or to download them to your email client.
    I really don't understand why you want to link IMAP and cloud storage so much ? Care to extrapolate ?
    It is fine to have your own defenitions for things. But that just complicates matters when they diverge from the accepted. For example Amazon considers EC2 (which is a virtualize computing environment, not a storage environment) as cloud computing, Elastic Compute Cloud. I use EC3 to provide an entry point to my VPN network for my BlackBerry Z10.

Rackspace and CenturyLinkCloud provide similar services.

In fact the IoT is the new hotness in cloud computing. Like I said, poorly defined.

As for IMAP linked with cloud storage. As you said, IMAP is just a protocol which allows a simple client to access email messages from a server. The back end of the IMAP server could be local disk storage, a huge SAN or a distributed cloud in the Google globe spanning data centre network. Use IMP with Gmail, where are your messages stored, if not the cloud?
    01-03-15 03:10 PM
    And why Amazon consider EC2 as Cloud computing ? Because of the scalability of the ressources from storage to memory or number of CPU core allocated... That's the main meaning of Cloud in IT.

You can say it, nowadays, all email storage can be scaled dynamically, all email storage are Cloud storage. The protocol to access these emails is totally unrelated, can be POP3, IMAP, ActiveSync, ...

Now, to answer this thread : when you send an email from your phone, you use the SMTP server you provide (e.g. Gmail). A lot of these SMTP allow to set an Auto BCC or a Forward email. Check the settings of your email provider or ask the IT guy at your company
    01-03-15 06:23 PM
    And why Amazon consider EC2 as Cloud computing ? Because of the scalability of the ressources from storage to memory or number of CPU core allocated... That's the main meaning of Cloud in IT.

You can say it, nowadays, all email storage can be scaled dynamically, all email storage are Cloud storage. The protocol to access these emails is totally unrelated, can be POP3, IMAP, ActiveSync, ...

Now, to answer this thread : when you send an email from your phone, you use the SMTP server you provide (e.g. Gmail). A lot of these SMTP allow to set an Auto BCC or a Forward email. Check the settings of your email provider or ask the IT guy at your company
    Understood! Some don't and varies if you have multiple business emails, so the old BIS solution was clean and simple and actually produced less redundancy. This is still a viable item for BlackBerry 10 "wish list" (for non-corporate users.)

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:59 AM
    Understood! Some don't and varies if you have multiple business emails, so the old BIS solution was clean and simple and actually produced less redundancy. This is still a viable item for BlackBerry 10 "wish list" (for non-corporate users.)

Posted via CB10
    I think someone has already posted this, but here you go.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59943989

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1154
    ViaCassian likes this.
    01-04-15 11:42 AM
    I had, reluctantly, got in the habit of putting my own email as a Bcc when replying.

But, since the 10.3 update, it never gets there, either to my device or to my Outlook on my PC, whether I put my email in as a Bcc or as a Cc. Other email addresses in those fields always seem to make it to their intended recipient.
    02-28-15 01:03 PM
    Update: actually, it seems that I can't send an email to my own email address at all, never mind as a Bcc.

If I send an email with just my own address, it just sits there unsent in the hub with a red circle with a white horizontal bar beside it.

What is preventing me sending emails from my BB to my email address?
    03-01-15 06:22 AM