I have a few accounts - Dropbox, Gmail, Evernote - set up with Two Factor Authentication via Authomator. For unrelated reasons I'm considering doing a security wipe, and I'm wondering what happens when, in the process, Authomator gets deleted and then reinstalled.

Will my accounts all lock me out? Should I disable TFA before deleting Authomator, and then set it all up again after the wipe?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:36 PM
    I usually have my phone number along with athomator since one you wipe all the data is lost. If you don't have another way to get in then disable the two factor authentication.

For accounts like Google, they have backup codes you can use in case you can't access athomator

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    09-19-14 12:11 AM
    I usually have my phone number along with athomator since one you wipe all the data is lost. If you don't have another way to get in then disable the two factor authentication.

For accounts like Google, they have backup codes you can use in case you can't access athomator

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, I always wondered about this particular app. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-19-14 12:19 AM
    Dropbox generates a single backup code upon 2FA setup. Gmail and Evernote both generate a series of backup codes upon 2FA setup. So long as you have access to those codes, you are good to go. It is too bad that Authomator is no longer being maintained as the next version was supposed to support backups.
    09-19-14 12:48 AM
    How do you know it is no longer being maintained ?
    10-21-14 04:18 PM
    (off topic... or not) The easy way in this case is just to logon on each of these services with the "Code sent by SMS" option, instead of the One Time Password the app gives you... and (re)configure your preferred TOTP app.
    10-21-14 04:37 PM
    Dropbox generates a single backup code upon 2FA setup. Gmail and Evernote both generate a series of backup codes upon 2FA setup. So long as you have access to those codes, you are good to go. It is too bad that Authomator is no longer being maintained as the next version was supposed to support backups.
    I have the beta versions that supports backups. It backs up data to BlackBerry's cloud storage tied to your BlackBerry ID. I've been using it for a while with no issues. I'm not sure why the dev never submitted it to BlackBerry World since it seems like all the coding work was already done.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 07:59 PM
    I have the beta versions that supports backups. It backs up data to BlackBerry's cloud storage tied to your BlackBerry ID. I've been using it for a while with no issues. I'm not sure why the dev never submitted it to BlackBerry World since it seems like all the coding work was already done.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's a bummer to hear! This is a solid app. I just started using Symple ID and I'm hoping it doesn't go the same way.
    10-21-14 11:43 PM
    I was just wondering the same thing...I use Authomator for about 10 accounts and was thinking when 10.3.1 official is out I would wipe and clean install my apps....but then I remembered Authomator. So I tried to email dev but they bounce back. Seems pretty crappy since I just bought the app within the last 2 months and they don't even really exist anymore.
    10-23-14 10:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the bar for this?

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10. Find me on Twitter @jeffgerard
    10-25-14 01:08 AM
    I would also be interested in this .bar if it exists.
    10-30-14 10:01 PM
    Same here. Do you have the BAR?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:42 AM
    Do you have the bar for this?

I do have the BAR, but it won't work. It phones home to make sure your BBID is whitelisted for the beta.
    Authomator - What if I delete it?-img_20141101_093823.png

Maybe if we all ask him nicely he'll put up an update since all the coding work seems to be done already. The support email doesn't work anymore and he doesn't respond to his BBM Channel but I believe he's still on Twitter.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:38 AM
    What is his Twitter?
    11-01-14 10:39 AM
    What is his Twitter?
    @xitijpatel let's ask him nicely though guys!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:43 AM
    Here's his reply to my question about backups:
    "@xitijpatel: @jeffgerard I've had that feature built for 10 months, and just haven't released it. I'm busy for 2 weeks, I'll try after."

Hopefully...

LazyEvul and anon(6168981) like this.
    11-03-14 08:22 PM
    Hope he releases it. Some of the codes I had on it were being generated with wrong timing. This made me resort to installing an Android authenticator

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 10:45 PM
    I hope he does too. Great early Christmas present.
    11-21-14 11:17 AM
    Here's his reply to my question about backups:
    "@xitijpatel: @jeffgerard I've had that feature built for 10 months, and just haven't released it. I'm busy for 2 weeks, I'll try after."

Hopefully...

Wow, this would be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 12:06 PM
    Hey all..just an FYI, I got my new Zed30 the other day and discovered that if you use Link to do a selective restore of the Authomator app, it will install with all your settings and accounts. I did not need to redo everything.

HTH...
    12-04-14 10:40 AM
    I need to wipe my device as I no longer have calendar notifications in 10.3.1, so just to get it, the backup feature is still not available in the Authomator app and at the moment the only way is doing a full backup using Link and restore only Authomator part after a wipe of the device?
    02-24-15 10:21 AM
    I need to wipe my device as I no longer have calendar notifications in 10.3.1, so just to get it, the backup feature is still not available in the Authomator app and at the moment the only way is doing a full backup using Link and restore only Authomator part after a wipe of the device?
    Correct. Do a full backup of your device then once you're back up and running, just restore Authomator (and any other apps that have their own settings - example instagram) and you're good to go.

The selective restore on specific apps is great if you don't want to have to re-authorize and reconfigure an app.
    02-24-15 11:25 AM
    Full backup is not possible with Link on Win 8.1 and Mac OS X 10.10 for my device in 10.3.1
    Any other ideas how I could extract the data? What other options do I have, like moving to an Android App? What app are you using?
    02-27-15 10:36 AM
    I will disagree with you there. I do full backups with Link on Win7 and 8.1 Enterprise / Pro. Try re-installing Link and check for Windows updates??
    02-27-15 11:38 AM
    All my machines are up to date! I think it is the Z30 which has a problem with backups.
    Anyway, I am currently moving my 2fa accounts to Authy, they package their Android app also for Blackberry.
    02-27-15 11:42 AM
27 12