The bashing as you call it... is mostly been fed up...
    Can you re read what I posted about???
    And what you are saying???????

IT WAS. A SIMPLE COMMAND DURING AN EMERGENCY.. "CALL HOME"

THAT'S IT ....not setting an alarm, or booking a table at the restaurant ...

I love my BlackBerry.. but personally I think that the assistant needs some twicks

That is my personal opinion.... probably I got few bugs don't know

Posted via CB10
    Do it again and screenshot the list of contacts it offered to select. Post it here. You don't seem to be picking up what we're telling you.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 03:11 PM
    I hate the fact it includes all of the Facebook contacts despite the fact I have the contact app to not show FB contacts. That setting should carry over. I don't need to have it try to look through 1500 contacts, many of which have no phone number. It also is too redundant, "Do you wish to dial the Mobile number for Joe Blow? The mobile number is 423-555-1212." The old basic voice dial system allowed you to say, "Call Joe Blow mobile1." It was much more efficient.

I much prefer the old basic system, although the new Assistant has many other good features, and overall is well designed. The dialer portion of it is maddening to say the least.
    That should work fine.

"Call Joe blow on his mobile phone "
    "Call Joe blow on mobile"
    "Call Joe blow's cell"

All should work fine. Does for me.

I do wish it wouldn't read out the phone number though... that's a bit lame and really slows down the process.

Posted via CB10
    PHughes likes this.
    06-01-15 04:13 PM
    Why can't we just ask Assistant to control music "next, randomize, previous, pause"....
    06-01-15 04:28 PM
    Hi guys
    I do have 232 contacts.... but only one
    HOME.... My family
    All the other ones that shows
    Are the contacts with phone number under "home " field ......

I do understand... is trying to show other home..
    but they are not name of contacts,

I rebooted it twice today , no changes

I do have a screen shot, but I don't know how to hide the numbers
    And also changed from home to :
    "my house " .... still gave me at least 10 contacts

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 04:33 PM
    Why can't we just ask Assistant to control music "next, randomize, previous, pause"....
    ????

Those work fine.
    As does "play songs by <artist>" etc.
    Mix up my music
    Stop

You can also type "next" into the assistant and it will go to the next track.

When you try speaking those commands, do the words that pop up match what you said?
    Or are you getting something like :
    You: "Next track"
    Assistant: "Do you want me to search the Web for 'nice rack?'"

To which you should answer: "for the love of God NO!!!" Or a more sedate 'Cancel'.

Posted via CB10
    benwards2 likes this.
    06-01-15 04:44 PM
    Assistant is much better than what we had before with BlackBerry...
    Really? Because what I do most with it (simple search) is more frustrating.

It's an extra step to get to the text input, and there's no app search history.
    06-01-15 06:59 PM
    Hi guys
    HOME.... My family

Posted via CB10
    Again, i ask, do you have an accent? It does make a difference!

Posted via my Passport
    06-01-15 07:37 PM
    Hi guys
    HOME.... My family

Posted via CB10
    Oh, really? Please copy screenshot to computer and use Paint to mark out the numbers. We NEED to see exactly what you're seeing.
    06-01-15 11:56 PM
    I have used assistant with my Plantronics voyager while driving my old jeep at 55 mph and it has a glass pack muffler. It works far better with the earpiece than without. I have found that the accuracy is great with a glass noise cancelling headset but not just for phone, too much ambient noise

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:21 AM
    Really? Because what I do most with it (simple search) is more frustrating.

It's an extra step to get to the text input, and there's no app search history.
    Simple search? It does that just fine... app search history? That I'm not sure what you mean you get those icons on the assistant when you pull it up and you can tap it. Siri doesn't do that if I recall. But elaborate on that.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:49 AM
    Hi guys
    HOME.... My family

Posted via CB10
    Problem is where you have others contacts field where there's a work, mobile and hole selected if you said call Jacobs home phone number it wouldn't be a problem how about you name the contact name My home and see if that works say call my home phone number or you could name it my house phone. See if that works for you.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:52 AM
    That should work fine.

"Call Joe blow on his mobile phone "
    "Call Joe blow on mobile"
    "Call Joe blow's cell"

All should work fine. Does for me.

I do wish it wouldn't read out the phone number though... that's a bit lame and really slows down the process.

Posted via CB10
    I may be simply trying to use the same command I did with the old system. I'll try some more. I haven't tried it the way you wrote, just "Call Joe Blow mobile1." That never works and it is how it worked on the old system. Thanks.
    06-02-15 03:56 PM
    You can under the contacts app remove facebook contacts from being included in your contact app. I know the contact app is a pain but I keep it simple I don't like merging then because then you are depending on that contact to have the right information. I'd rather do it my self

Posted via CB10
    I don't like merging either, that makes a mess of my contacts since I actually have some friends with the same first and last names. That was a nightmare when I first got the Z10, it merged automatically and made a huge mess of things. As soon as they added the option to not merge automatically I chose that. The contact app is still not as good as it used to be under older OS's but it is a bit better than it was originally.

I know I can now remove them, but I do utilize them for business so in some cases it is an advantage to have them there, just not for dialing though. I will probably remove all of them, but since originally the app merged things, I have to pick through everything and be sure I keep what I need. It is a huge pain unfortunately. I do a bit at a time.
    06-02-15 04:01 PM
    Cortana in the UK actually sounds like an actual human. Do BlackBerry have the resources to develop Assistant? It would be nice to have it do more. Just imagine you could summon Assistant with a touch hold of the trackpad on the classic

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:28 PM
    Cortana in the UK actually sounds like an actual human. Do BlackBerry have the resources to develop Assistant? It would be nice to have it do more. Just imagine you could summon Assistant with a touch hold of the trackpad on the classic

Posted via CB10
    Wut? That's pretty pointless, just use the mute button as intended.
    06-02-15 04:43 PM
    I may be simply trying to use the same command I did with the old system. I'll try some more. I haven't tried it the way you wrote, just "Call Joe Blow mobile1." That never works and it is how it worked on the old system. Thanks.
    Do you have a field called mobile1?
    Does it work if you "call Joe blow mobile"?

Just tried it. Works both ways.
    What does it do when you try?

Does it display what you said correctly?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 05:20 PM
    ????
    Those work fine.
    As does "play songs by <artist>" etc.
    Mix up my music
    Stop

You can also type "next" into the assistant and it will go to the next track.

When you try speaking those commands, do the words that pop up match what you said?
    Or are you getting something like :
    You: "Next track"
    Assistant: "Do you want me to search the Web for 'nice rack?'"

To which you should answer: "for the love of God NO!!!" Or a more sedate 'Cancel'.
    I am not going to type these, you mean for you these things work with the headphone integrated mic? I tried many times, it didn't.
    While I am in music player, I just want to go tho Next, so I press and hold, after "Ding" I say "Next" or "Play next song", it does exactly what you said, something unrelated. I'll try again in 10.3.2 if it's better, I am not sure why it doesn't work with mic.
    06-02-15 07:44 PM
    After reading this post I've been trying to find an issue with the BlackBerry Assistant, but I just don't have one. It literally works every single time I use it.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    Jose Casiano and der_mit like this.
    06-02-15 07:47 PM
    Do you have a field called mobile1?
    Does it work if you "call Joe blow mobile"?

Just tried it. Works both ways.
    What does it do when you try?

Does it display what you said correctly?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I do, and no it doesn't. I have been practicing with it and have been able to get it to dial now. Unfortunately it gives me the choice of contacts most of the time despite the fact they are different names. I have to then select one. This isn't hard to do while driving if you can glance at the screen, but I use it most often on a motorcycle and the phone is in a tank bag so it isn't an option.

The old basic voice dialer worked better overall, although with work I believe this will get better.

I appreciate the help. I was trying to use it the way the old system worked and that wasn't working well.

The biggest issue is still the Facebook contacts. Yes, you can select to not show them in the Contact app, but for the purposes of dialing it still searches them for some reason. It is annoying.
    Last edited by PHughes; 06-02-15 at 10:45 PM.
    06-02-15 10:27 PM
    Chen if you are serious about Assistant buy these guys pronto before they get swallowed up by MS/Google/Apple.

06-03-15 12:01 PM
    Chen if you are serious about Assistant buy these guys pronto before they get swallowed up by MS/Google/Apple.

Wow!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 12:30 PM

Everyone that has been paying attention has noticed that BlackBerry has been focusing on enterprise; so this likely won't happen.

Is BlackBerry developing Assistant? Yes, absolutely. Are they concerned about spending a larger amount of resources on Assistant just so you can talk to your mobile device? Not likely.

MS/Google/Apple have more money than BlackBerry anyways; so when push come to shove, they'll win if they decide to buy.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 12:43 PM
    After reading this post I've been trying to find an issue with the BlackBerry Assistant, but I just don't have one. It literally works every single time I use it.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    Me too!

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    06-03-15 03:22 PM
    Ok guys if you red the above comments...

I had an emergency,
    not want to use the phone avoiding police and accident,
    I do have a earpiece and I put on use,

I do have a contact named HOME and I wanted to call home

Besides all the time it didn't understand the command,
    when the command was understud it showed me all the contact number that are saved. As home number
    232 ....
    Now..... doesn't want you to grab and use the phone while driving?
    My answer is yes.

Posted via CB10
    If it really an emergency, I would dial home instead or type 'home' in homescreen then tap it right away when it show result! Why waste time ranting about Assistant failing with your commands and calling it a disaster. Oh, people. Smh

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 03:46 PM
    BB Assistant does not work over Bluetooth. Period. Voice dialing will work however. These are two separate sub systems unfortunately. So if you connect your phone to your car's BT system or to a BT headset, assistant will not function. However, if you use your car or your headsets voice dialing it should be able to understand which contact you wish to call.
    I have a 2012 Mitsubishi RVR (Outlander Sport) and I use it over the vehicle Bluetooth with both Q10 and Z30.

I use BB Assistant to dial, read and compose email /text/BBM and for navigation and mapping, and occasionally for answering questions or opening apps.

It's very consistent, as long as I speak slowly and clearly and have mobile data turned on. Some functions don't require data. It's not perfect, but it doesn't let me down too often.

via CrackBerry for Android
    06-03-15 04:07 PM
143 12345 ...