I love my z10 and always been a BlackBerry guy
    But unfortunately certain things drive me bananas.... no matter how much I love BlackBerry... things like this should be looked after....... not just throw it in the OS to make larger... why other platform are more reliable while Our BlackBerry lacks????

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 10:23 PM
    I love my z10 and always been a BlackBerry guy
    But unfortunately certain things drive me bananas.... no matter how much I love BlackBerry... things like this should be looked after....... not just throw it in the OS to make larger... why other platform are more reliable while Our BlackBerry lacks????

Posted via CB10

How about something like this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....parking&hl=en
    05-30-15 06:52 PM
    It has been a disappointment and certainly not as good as the major competitors.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know what your talking about as its amazing only siri competes and maybe cortana but at the moment google is a joke

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:11 PM
    Last couple of days I have been using BlackBerry assistant quite often, but something is wrong either with the phone or the app per se.
    every time I ask to call "home"....
    It doesn't understand the command.
    Last week I bought a new blue tooth earpiece, thinking that maybe the old one was too old about 5 years old...
    Anyway when the command was understud will show all the contacts with phone number under "home"
    And here the voice start saying all the freaking number before "what would like to do?"
    Then with every contact that I want to call
    Start the epic journey...

Battery pull don't work reboot don't work
    Should just give up ???

Why it is so hard?

Help please

Posted via CB10
    Hello, Lou2969.

There is no doubt in saying that the "BlackBerry Assistant" isn't the greatest, but it's a starting point

It will be improved in future updates.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    05-31-15 05:03 AM
    Don't know what your talking about as its amazing only siri competes and maybe cortana but at the moment google is a joke

Posted via CB10
    ..... lol. Assistant isn't even remotely close to Siri on a good day. Lmao. But whatever.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2576
    05-31-15 06:37 AM
    ..... lol. Assistant isn't even remotely close to Siri on a good day. Lmao. But whatever.

The only thing siri has is speed under its belt. They both fo the samethey both use wolfram alpha for knowledge queries. You can just play and makes jokes with it but it's really wolfram alpha...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Haha this is quite funny. Putting my Note 4 and my wife's iPhone together, Google now puts siri to shame. Half the time when we're out my wife says, just ask Google. Lol. Blackberry assistant has its good points but has a long way to go.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    05-31-15 07:18 AM
    Haha this is quite funny. Putting my Note 4 and my wife's iPhone together, Google now puts siri to shame. Half the time when we're out my wife says, just ask Google. Lol. Blackberry assistant has its good points but has a long way to go.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk
    People always says it has a long way to go but it's just because it takes a while the blackberry assistant actually gives you more information displayed and spoken to you.

I've used all three extensively now while siri has jokes, google now hardly puts anything up, other than google searches so unless you can specifically tell me what google now can do better than siri I'm going to have to say no. But I might stand corrected as google up expanding on google now but that was something recently right? But the question is, Is it really useful and how well is it going to be executed. Again other than speed I think assistant does an excellent job and the fact that I can type remind me, schedule work or something when someone is talking is a plus.

Like I said siri has some features but overall usefulness the assistant is great. Just don't see why people turn it down and until there's concrete evidence that it truly Sucks and it's not worth having I'm going to have to say that this is another bashing thread that doesn't need to exist.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jose Casiano; 05-31-15 at 08:03 AM.
    05-31-15 07:23 AM
    All these features except 3 you can do with assistant about 3-4 http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/03...siri-features/

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:30 AM
    I want to ask a question to all the assistant users,
    How many times do you have to repeat the question before gets it right????

Posted via CB10
    Typically once unless there's something wrong with the contacts which has been an issue with bb10 for a bit but it's due to all these account links. Some work to clean up but that may be your issue

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 08:05 AM
    People always says it has a long way to go but it's just because it takes a while the blackberry assistant actually gives you more information displayed and spoken to you.

I've used all three extensively now while siri has jokes, google now hardly puts anything up, other than google searches so unless you can specifically tell me what google now can do better than siri I'm going to have to say no. But I might stand corrected as google up expanding on google now but that was something recently right? But the question is, Is it really useful and how well is it going to be executed. Again other than speed I think assistant does an excellent job and the fact that I can type remind me, schedule work or something when someone is talking is a plus.

Like I said siri has some features but overall usefulness the assistant is great. Just don't see why people turn it down and until there's concrete evidence that it truly Sucks and it's not worth having I'm going to have to say that this is another bashing thread that doesn't need to exist.

Posted via CB10
    Concrete evidence? You've already pointed out that it's slow. It also can't tell what apps I've got installed. Many tasks become cumbersome because it's so slow which makes the whole experience useless.

I don't know how you're using Siri or Google Now, but they're actually very useful. Very quick and convenient especially for information I want to know right away.

Don't know how anyone can defend Assistant tbh, but to each his own. My assistant doesn't assist me.

05-31-15 10:24 AM
    Concrete evidence? You've already pointed out that it's slow. It also can't tell what apps I've got installed. Many tasks become cumbersome because it's so slow which makes the whole experience useless.

I don't know how you're using Siri or Google Now, but they're actually very useful. Very quick and convenient especially for information I want to know right away.

Don't know how anyone can defend Assistant tbh, but to each his own. My assistant doesn't assist me.

So slow that's it. And how I'm using it the same way that you're supposed to be using it. Like I said siri does the same with a few select options. You also didn't state what google now does that the assistant doesn't. And if it was worth the assistant. So to be clear I'm not bashing siri, I am bashing google now. Unless there's a more updated version like I said before.
    But the thing is what do the others do that the assistant doesn't.
    Tip for speeding up the beep on assistant tap the icon if you can that should speed it up. Other than that it's not disastrous slow.

I feel like I'm at star bucks and everyone is complaining because their coffee hasn't been made in two minutes at peak hours...

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    05-31-15 02:47 PM
    I have ask, do you have any type of accent? One of the guys at the fire hall has a thick scottish accent and the assistant wouldn't pick up what he was saying.

If you have a typical north american English accent it is fine.

And like others have said, is your "home" phone numbered under the home phone number field? When i call my wife, for example, I'll say "call dawn v... mobile" in my car and it connects

And i just tried now, made a contact for home, and said "call home home" it did connect.

Posted via my Passport
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    05-31-15 03:14 PM
    I just tried to call home on my z30 on 10.3.1 using BlackBerry assistant and it brought up a couple of contact options and asked which one I would like to call. I chose and gave a verbal command that matched the contact name which I called home phone. It asked if I would like to call home phone and I said yes. It dialed immediately.

I'm not a fan of BlackBerry assistant too much but it worked well for attempting to do what you had a hard time with.

Try renaming your "home" to "home phone " and see if that helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 03:50 PM
    I don't get the OP. I asked my z30 to call home and it immediately did. I'm on 10.3.2 by the way.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 05:52 PM
    I wish I could help. But I never use voice commands. I have used voice commands on all brands of phones and they all suck. I just wait till I get to a red light or if it is so important I just pull over. Too much fussin with voice commands especially if in a high ambient noise level environment. Voice commands are baloney. All the time spent trying to get the phone to respond to what your are saying, you could have dialed the number from contacts or call logs many times over.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 06:53 PM
    I don't get the OP. I asked my z30 to call home and it immediately did. I'm on 10.3.2 by the way.

Posted via CB10
    OP's contact names mostly had Home as part of the name field... so user error on this one.

"Call home" works fine if you have a "home" contact.
    If you have 20 home contacts the assistant pretty much has to ask you which one you want.

As for how awesome Google now and Siri are... try these simple sentences:

"Set an alarm for 8am on the weekends"
    Google Now Response: Alarm time isn�t set
    Fail.
    Siri: pass
    Bba: pass

"Set an alarm on Monday and
    Thursday at 4:30pm"
    Fail
    Siri: Sets alarm at correct time,but no recurrence
    Fail

"Set an alarm at 5:30 on Monday and
    Wednesday afternoons"
    Google Now Response: fail. Alarm time isn�t set
    Siri:Fail. One time alarm set

"Set a daily alarm at 4:30PM"
    Google Now Response: fail. One time alarm set
    Siri: fail. one time alarm set

"Set an alarm everyday at 7AM"
    Google Now Response: Fail. Alarm time isn�t set

"Set an alarm for 4:30 in the afternoon everyday"

"Set an alarm"
    Google Now Response : Fail. Sets an alarm for the current time(???!?!!) should have asked what time the alarm should be set for.

"Get me up in 45 minutes"
    Google Now Searches the web for �get me up in 45 minutes�
    Fail.

"Delete my 7AM alarm"
    Google Now Searches the web for �Delete my 7AM alarm�
    Fail.

"Set an alarm for 4:30pm"
    Google Now: Pass.... yay!

Pretty surprising Google Now has this much trouble with something as simple as setting an alarm, yet some people sing it's praises. ??

Siri doesn't handle alarms as well as the BlackBerry assistant either. Shocked? You shouldn't be.
    Siri covers more domains than the BlackBerry assistant, but the ones the Bba does cover are more complete than Siri or Google Now.

I don't have Cortana, so couldn't include in the alarm requests I tried.

Based on Google Now's abysmal alarm support, I wouldn't expect Calendar to be handled very well...

"Schedule a two hour and 20 minute meeting"
    Google Now: Schedules a 30 minute meeting at 2AM
    Fail

Siri: okay, for when?
    4 o'clock
    Siri: Sorry, I can't schedule meetings in the past.
    ??! Fail

Bba: what is the subject of your event ?
    "Bunnies"
    Bba: what is the date of your event?
    "Tomorrow "
    (the time was the current time.... not an optimal solution... but doesn't prevent me from completing my task by voice)

Bba: do you want to save your event
    "Change the time to 4:30pm"

OR
    "Tomorrow at 4 : 30PM "

BBA: save?
    Pass

Maybe the best assistant question isn't so simple after all. It really depends on what you use the assistant for as to which one is best for you.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:41 PM

Maybe the best assistant question isn't so simple after all. It really depends on what you use the assistant for as to which one is best for you.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

06-01-15 02:55 AM
    OP's contact names mostly had Home as part of the name field... so user error on this one.

"Call home" works fine if you have a "home" contact.
    If you have 20 home contacts the assistant pretty much has to ask you which one you want.

As for how awesome Google now and Siri are... try these simple sentences:

"Set an alarm for 8am on the weekends"
    Fail.

"Set an alarm on Monday and
    Thursday at 4:30pm"
    Fail
    Siri: Sets alarm at correct time,but no recurrence
    Fail

"Set an alarm at 5:30 on Monday and
    Wednesday afternoons"
    Google Now Response: fail. Alarm time isn�t set
    Siri:Fail. One time alarm set

"Set a daily alarm at 4:30PM"
    Google Now Response: fail. One time alarm set
    Siri: fail. one time alarm set

"Set an alarm everyday at 7AM"

"Set an alarm for 4:30 in the afternoon everyday"

"Set an alarm"
    Google Now Response : Fail. Sets an alarm for the current time(???!?!!) should have asked what time the alarm should be set for.

"Get me up in 45 minutes"
    Google Now Searches the web for �get me up in 45 minutes�
    Fail.

"Delete my 7AM alarm"
    Google Now Searches the web for �Delete my 7AM alarm�
    Fail.

"Set an alarm for 4:30pm"
    Google Now: Pass.... yay!

Pretty surprising Google Now has this much trouble with something as simple as setting an alarm, yet some people sing it's praises. ??

Siri doesn't handle alarms as well as the BlackBerry assistant either. Shocked? You shouldn't be.
    Siri covers more domains than the BlackBerry assistant, but the ones the Bba does cover are more complete than Siri or Google Now.

I don't have Cortana, so couldn't include in the alarm requests I tried.

Based on Google Now's abysmal alarm support, I wouldn't expect Calendar to be handled very well...

"Schedule a two hour and 20 minute meeting"
    Google Now: Schedules a 30 minute meeting at 2AM
    Fail

Siri: okay, for when?
    4 o'clock
    Siri: Sorry, I can't schedule meetings in the past.
    ??! Fail

Bba: what is the subject of your event ?
    "Bunnies"
    "Tomorrow "
    (the time was the current time.... not an optimal solution... but doesn't prevent me from completing my task by voice)

Bba: do you want to save your event
    "Change the time to 4:30pm"

OR
    "Tomorrow at 4 : 30PM "

BBA: save?
    Pass

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for all this work this must have taken you a bit to type. But I was saying the same thing I looked at what assistant can do and siri by looking at what commands they can do officially do and your right google now really doesn't do much. But I mean siri works well with commands I saw some of the things that you tiled about alarms and calendars that siri didn't do perfectly but hey it does a lot of things well. But what I'm trying to get is this annoying bashing that happens here on crackberry it should stop

If people can't tell us what exactly is going on and why they hate it, or why it supposedly Sucks then they should stop posting. I don't think assistant needs a long way to go. I think it needs to speed up performance but you know what it really isn't that slow just slightly and that's because of the way it handles it queries. Listens then translates then gives results instead of doing the listening and translation at the same time then providing the result like siri does.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    06-01-15 08:17 AM
    . But what I'm trying to get is this annoying bashing that happens here on crackberry it should stop

If people can't tell us what exactly is going on and why they hate it, or why it supposedly Sucks then they should stop posting. I don't think assistant needs a long way to go. I think it needs to speed up performance but you know what it really isn't that slow just slightly and that's because of the way it handles it queries. Listens then translates then gives results instead of doing the listening and translation at the same time then providing the result like siri does.

Posted via CB10
    The bashing as you call it... is mostly been fed up...
    Can you re read what I posted about???
    And what you are saying???????

IT WAS. A SIMPLE COMMAND DURING AN EMERGENCY.. "CALL HOME"

THAT'S IT ....not setting an alarm, or booking a table at the restaurant ...

I love my BlackBerry.. but personally I think that the assistant needs some twicks

That is my personal opinion.... probably I got few bugs don't know

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 10:25 AM

I love my BlackBerry.. but personally I think that the assistant needs some twicks

Posted via CB10
    Sure. "Call home" and in your addressbook you have first names like:
    Home
    Peter home
    Alice home
    George home
    Etc.

Sounds like what the assistant did shouldn't be unexpected.

In the list the assistant showed you for that request "home" was likely the top of the list, to which you could reply "the first one".

You should clean up your contact list so your first names are first names. Do you know what generated all the silly name + phonetype entries for your first names? Sounds like that was the problem here. Not the assistant.

I think the biggest tweak the assistant needs is to NOT read out the phone number if you're dialing by name.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:03 AM
    That's a pretty strong title to the thread, considering your explanation of the issue.

There's a lot of threads like that on CrackBerry. If I were a mod here I would delete this and all such threads until a more appropriate and descriptive title is used.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-01-15 11:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry don't mean you I mean the guys I was having a conversation about

I'm not again talking about the op, I don't agree with the title but I have to say we aren't writers here so I'm not judging on that

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 12:08 PM
    I hate the fact it includes all of the Facebook contacts despite the fact I have the contact app to not show FB contacts. That setting should carry over. I don't need to have it try to look through 1500 contacts, many of which have no phone number. It also is too redundant, "Do you wish to dial the Mobile number for Joe Blow? The mobile number is 423-555-1212." The old basic voice dial system allowed you to say, "Call Joe Blow mobile1." It was much more efficient.

I much prefer the old basic system, although the new Assistant has many other good features, and overall is well designed. The dialer portion of it is maddening to say the least.
    06-01-15 12:53 PM
    I hate the fact it includes all of the Facebook contacts despite the fact I have the contact app to not show FB contacts. That setting should carry over. I don't need to have it try to look through 1500 contacts, many of which have no phone number. It also is too redundant, "Do you wish to dial the Mobile number for Joe Blow? The mobile number is 423-555-1212." The old basic voice dial system allowed you to say, "Call Joe Blow mobile1." It was much more efficient.

I much prefer the old basic system, although the new Assistant has many other good features, and overall is well designed. The dialer portion of it is maddening to say the least.
    You can under the contacts app remove facebook contacts from being included in your contact app. I know the contact app is a pain but I keep it simple I don't like merging then because then you are depending on that contact to have the right information. I'd rather do it my self

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 02:51 PM
143 1234 ...