It's not a miracle worker.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 03:02 PM
    It's not a miracle worker.

Posted via CB10
    Nah, it's just poor. No biggie.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 01:06 PM
    Does anyone know what weather app it pulls the weather from? It looks like the Blackberry one....but when I open that manually the temperature is in deg C (which I want!) but when I ask BlackBerry Assistant the weather it opens what looks like the same app but the temp is now in deg F ! ! which is no use to me...any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 01:14 PM
    Sorry I have no idea

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 11:54 PM
    Does anyone know what weather app it pulls the weather from? It looks like the Blackberry one....but when I open that manually the temperature is in deg C (which I want!) but when I ask BlackBerry Assistant the weather it opens what looks like the same app but the temp is now in deg F ! ! which is no use to me...any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    It checks the weather via AccuWeather.com and so does the stock app.

Posted via CB10
    loreburne likes this.
    06-27-15 12:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    The assistant uses the system settings

Settings -> Language & input -> measurement system
    Change that to metric and you'll be all set.

Posted via CB10
    loreburne likes this.
    06-27-15 12:53 AM
    Simple. Name "home" something else that the app can distinguish and you won't have this problem. Maybe you say "home" weird... maybe you have a weird accent. Who knows.

Works perfect for me. I like when I ask for the weather it gives me the forecasts and everything.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-27-15 11:07 AM
    Does your assistant take like 2 seconds to show up if you haven't used it in like last hour or so? Is there a way to speed this up, it's very annoying, coming from older blackberries with totally instantaneous search and results, this is annoying.

Not only it takes long time to come up, it recently stopped listing apps in search results all together, why is that? I tested this and typed Calculator or Snap or etc.. non of the aps come up in search results. Yes Applications is selected in the search options.
    07-05-15 01:46 PM
    Does your assistant take like 2 seconds to show up if you haven't used it in like last hour or so? Is there a way to speed this up, it's very annoying, coming from older blackberries with totally instantaneous search and results, this is annoying.
    I leave it open in active frame as the 1st open app (top left) to mitigate the lag, it shouldn't make a difference on CPU and RAM usage open or closed out

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    07-05-15 02:54 PM
    I've got the following scenario I have been unable to solve:

I have contacts with 2 mobile numbers. How can I use the assistant to dial them? If I say "call bob mobile 2" it says "which mobile number?", but there is no way to say "mobile 1" or "mobile 2". So it seems I cannot call those numbers at all with the assistant. Very assnoying.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 09:42 PM
    I've got the following scenario I have been unable to solve:

I have contacts with 2 mobile numbers. How can I use the assistant to dial them? If I say "call bob mobile 2" it says "which mobile number?", but there is no way to say "mobile 1" or "mobile 2". So it seems I cannot call those numbers at all with the assistant. Very assnoying.

Posted via CB10
    Most people would just make one of those a work number. It's not common to have two cell numbers. Not exactly rare, but not common, either.
    07-05-15 10:43 PM
    Going to have to set one to "other" or "work" I guess. On BBOS7 this worked. In my situation I have contacts with 1 number in NA and another for Europe, hence the issue.

Thanks for the response!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 08:49 AM
    Lately assistant is a little laggy it takes a few sector start and longer before the search

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 11:58 PM
    I want Blackberry Assistant to completely disregard any Facebook contact. I have them turned off in Contacts, but "Assistant" utilizes them anyway. I have too many Facebook contacts and "Assistant" gets confused when I try to call someone since I have so many people with names that sound similar. That what happens when you have 1500+ contacts to search through. I want "Assistant" to use only my actual contacts, not Facebook.

This is maddening. It is completely useless to me now. I cannot even make a hands free call anymore, something I did very often before. I want the option to have the old, basic voice dialer back. This is absolutely unusable for me now. Ideally, I would like them to have the option to disregard Facebook contacts when dialing. Options are great since not everyone has the same needs. I do believe there are enough people who don't like the Facebook contacts being used to merit giving a real option to disregard the FB contacts.

Update: I have found after more experimentation, that the full assistant seems to work better than with the full assistant turned off. It still isn't perfect though, but at least I can call my wife without it choosing some random girl from Facebook instead.
    Last edited by PHughes; 07-07-15 at 10:40 AM.
    07-07-15 12:27 AM
    I hope that in the near future there will be an option to choose a different language for the speech to text while maintaining English for the voice command. This is very strange that I can speak to my phone in Hungarian and it write everything down with a 95% success, but if I am using the assistant after the English voice command (I can live with that I never thought Hungarian will be a supported language) I still have to use English to write a message or email. Which is ridiculous because if I can use it normally in any text input field then why not in the assistant???

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 12:43 AM
    [QUOTE=lou2969;11668310]I want to ask a question to all the assistant users,
    How many times do you have to repeat the question before gets it right????

All the time, for some reason the assistent behaves as if I'm Schwarzenegger or Stallone

CB10 - Passport
    07-07-15 10:27 PM
    You probably have, but he you checked your settings. Bn working great for me...n my voice is super country lol^

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:38 AM
143 ... 456