Tonight I said, "Play YelaWolf", and it did on first try with correct spelling. It couldn't in like 8 attempts 1-2 months ago.
    06-12-15 03:10 AM
    I'm using a Plantronics voyager Bluetooth
    Not a cheap one... I tried the assistant at home in a silent environment. Worked OK.. and still some of the simplest command were not recognized.. not accent here. .
    When I referred to a contact, will give me other contacts as well...or other phones number, and start to list them, have to wait till it is done to say " call....."
    Did battery pull like old school "move"
    Restarted, but nothing....

I'm pretty close to reinstall the software
    Is this a good move???

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 09:17 AM
    I'm using a Plantronics voyager Bluetooth
    Not a cheap one... I tried the assistant at home in a silent environment. Worked OK.. and still some of the simplest command were not recognized.. not accent here. .
    When I referred to a contact, will give me other contacts as well...or other phones number, and start to list them, have to wait till it is done to say " call....."
    Did battery pull like old school "move"
    Restarted, but nothing....

I'm pretty close to reinstall the software
    Is this a good move???

Posted via CB10
    Have you updated your Legend with the latest firmware? If not do it, the delete Legend from the BT devices list and then turn off the phone to reset the Bluetooth stack. You can also reboot the Legend by pressing the mute button until the blue light flashes.
    If those don't work then try reloading the phones operating system.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    06-12-15 11:42 AM
    Reproduced.

The solution to this is for Contacts/Assistant to have a dedicated field/alias for things like "wife", "son", "daughter", "home", "work" that one can customize and take priority over other search locations. This is all that other assistants have that gives this personalized functionality. It really shouldn't be all that much effort.

My recommendation for a workaround is to give your home entry a very unique name without "home" in it. "Sat phone" always worked for me when I needed to call home. I'm having trouble with other names, like "landline" being reliable.
    How about if assistant just becomes smart enough to know that Home is my home? If I wanted someone else, I would say call Joe at home. These things need to be smarter than just a dumb search engine. Siri, Cortana, Google, all are programming their systems with machine learning that is taking into account not only what you ask, but what context you are in when you ask. Are you in your car, are you navigating home, are you running late to meet someone for an appointment thats on your calendar, etc.
    06-12-15 12:54 PM
    And none of them are smart enough to know which 'home' number is your home number if you've a bunch of contacts with 'home' in their name.

In fact none of them are smart enough to know which phone number is your home number unless you tell them. So not sure what you're on about.

In fact Google hasn't used enough machine learning to know how to set an alarm in any but the most simple sentences.
    Siri hasn't had enough machine learning to be able to make an appointment unless the request is very simple.
    "Book a meeting for tomorrow"
    Siri: what time
    "8 am "
    Siri: Sorry, I can't schedule meetings in the past

Yup... that's awesome all right.

I think Cortana might be the assistant to beat, not Siri or Google Now... and the 'Hound' assistant looks pretty impressive. Would enjoy evaluating them.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    06-13-15 12:54 AM
    And none of them are smart enough to know which 'home' number is your home number if you've a bunch of contacts with 'home' in their name.

In fact none of them are smart enough to know which phone number is your home number unless you tell them. So not sure what you're on about.

In fact Google hasn't used enough machine learning to know how to set an alarm in any but the most simple sentences.
    Siri hasn't had enough machine learning to be able to make an appointment unless the request is very simple.
    "Book a meeting for tomorrow"
    Siri: what time
    "8 am "
    Siri: Sorry, I can't schedule meetings in the past

Yup... that's awesome all right.

I think Cortana might be the assistant to beat, not Siri or Google Now... and the 'Hound' assistant looks pretty impressive. Would enjoy evaluating them.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure how long it's been since you tried Siri, but it is pretty awesome right now.

Cortana is even better.
    06-13-15 07:17 AM
    Disaster? For me Cortana is a disaster. I live in Chile, so, no digital assistant for me unless I move to the US or to some arbitrarily Microsoft supported country, like Portugal.

That's a stark contrast with BlackBerry, the BlackBerry Assistant works here flawlessly and in Spanish.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:06 AM
    Not sure how long it's been since you tried Siri, but it is pretty awesome right now.

Cortana is even better.
    Tried it yesterday. That's where the meeting create failed.
    It's awesome as long as you keep your requests simple.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 03:05 PM
    I want to ask a question to all the assistant users,
    How many times do you have to repeat the question before gets it right????

Posted via CB10
    I agree.. I think assistant can not catch all type of pronunciation. I think google voice search is better..

 Z3 STJ100-1 ~10.3.1.2576 ~
    06-13-15 03:58 PM
    I agree.. I think assistant can not catch all type of pronunciation. I think google voice search is better..

10.3.1 or later... none. It gets it right the first time nearly all the time.

10.3.0, once in a while, but usually gets it on the first go.

10.2.x or early, no real use repeating because it wouldn't get it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    1raygin likes this.
    06-13-15 06:02 PM
    10.3.1 or later... none. It gets it right the first time nearly all the time.

10.3.0, once in a while, but usually gets it on the first go.

10.2.x or early, no real use repeating because it wouldn't get it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    For me not . basically for the search item ..
    BlackBerry assistant does various types of jobs .. like read last text or BBM or you can open an app or close an app . I dont know google now can do the same thing or not.. because I don't use it actually..

06-13-15 08:06 PM
    Well, the voice functions are good on the Assistant. However, the old search app (before 10.3) was just better for simple searches. It loaded faster and the keyboard appeared when the app started. I have to wait about 5 seconds with the BlackBerry Assistant app to be functional. Furthermore, in the Assistant, the "recent action shortcut" does not work for me if I type it out.

~.Posted using CB10 on my Z10 running 10.3.1.~
    06-14-15 10:15 PM
    However, the old search app (before 10.3) was just better for simple searches.
    I agree completely. They've added the assistant at the expense of functionality of the simple search. The only time I want to talk to my phone is when I am on a call.
    06-14-15 11:51 PM
    In low ambient noise, it always gets it right the first time for me.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    99 percent times, she obeyed me in my first command.
    Maybe u should try pronouncing little more clear and audible.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-15-15 02:41 AM
    I followed the above raccomandation
    About upgrading the firmware of the bluetooth
    Still the same...
    The upgrade was for the earpiece. To have a better function. Which a love it...
    Getting close to install the OS again

I have to say that in a quiet environment assistant is not too bad,
    Still got the glitches about other numbers

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:36 PM
    I followed the above raccomandation
    About upgrading the firmware of the bluetooth
    Still the same...
    The upgrade was for the earpiece. To have a better function. Which a love it...
    Getting close to install the OS again

I have to say that in a quiet environment assistant is not too bad,
    Still got the glitches about other numbers

Posted via CB10
    Unsubscribing until OP can post a screenshot of the results screen.
    06-16-15 03:31 PM
    Assistant is much better on 10.3.2 than previous versions and once in a while there comes the occasional moment it gets stuck processing a voice request ("what time is the warrior game tonight? ") and BlackBerry mics are maybe too great and a little too sensitive where in a quiet area with some ambient background noise will continue to register input in a voice request where covering the mics sometimes helps and sometimes not.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    06-16-15 06:33 PM
    I agree completely. They've added the assistant at the expense of functionality of the simple search. The only time I want to talk to my phone is when I am on a call.
    The only real difference is that the search field doesn't get focus right away. It really should.
    Not such a big issue for pkb phones where you just swipe home and start typing... assistant comes up with search field in focus with characters typed so far and search results for what you've typed to this point... same as the original universal search.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dguy123; 06-17-15 at 07:44 AM.
    06-16-15 10:38 PM
    I'm having a lot of trouble with BlackBerry Assistant. The problem is with voice dialing and searching my contacts. For example, I say "Call John Doe, mobile." Then BA says "call John Doe, with company Acme Products, John Doe, Sam Doe, Joe Doe, Christine Doe," etc. It becomes very cumbersome to tell BA which one you want when it rattles off a list of people who have similar or the same last names. Then if your contact has multiple phone numbers, it starts to rattle off the phone numbers and asks you to tell it which one to call. So the whole process takes way too long. Alas, it doesn't work as well as Siri. (I quit iPhone when Passport came out).

I created a local contact called "my wife" so I could voice dial her, but BA says "contact not found." but when I say "dial 555-512-1255," BA says "calling my wife" so I know it somehow associates the number with the local contact.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 09:10 AM
    Try "Call John Doe on mobile."

Though I just tried, and it prompted me to select the home or mobile number. So it looks like selecting which phone is not implemented without voice confirmation to select which.
    06-18-15 05:24 PM
    Try "Call John Doe on mobile."

Though I just tried, and it prompted me to select the home or mobile number. So it looks like selecting which phone is not implemented without voice confirmation to select which.
    That should work. Did the assistant recognize all the words you said?

Also,
    Call xxxx on their cell
    Call xxxx on his mobile phone
    Call xxxx's mobile number

Etc should all work.

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike likes this.
    06-18-15 06:33 PM
    That should work. Did the assistant recognize all the words you said?

Also,
    Call xxxx on their cell
    Call xxxx on his mobile phone
    Call xxxx's mobile number

Etc should all work.

Posted via CB10
    My contact was "sat phone" and the only difference from Assistance's understanding was "set phone". It still prompted the Home and Mobile numbers. Funny enough, it had a near 100% recognition of "sat" all previous times I've used this contact, but today its mostly "set" recognition. I think my mouth is dry and I need a drink. It could also be from replacing my front teeth with a bridge, which I've found changed my "S" sounds a little.

Call xxxx on their cell = Select contact. Displayed 5 contacts with "cell" in the contact name.
    Call xxxx on his mobile phone == WORKED
    Call xxxx's mobile number == WORKED

Nice. Good luck Hound on plain language recognition!
    06-18-15 06:46 PM
    I will give a try to he above suggestions

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them too and let you know.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:34 PM
    I don't understand why you would call this a disaster.
    It's the land of melodrama

However - I have a lot of issues with these voice activated assistants too. There's definitely room for improvement haha
    06-19-15 02:19 PM
143 ... 3456