Chen if you are serious about Assistant buy these guys pronto before they get swallowed up by MS/Google/Apple.

Holy crap.

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    playfoot likes this.
    06-03-15 06:00 PM
    I have a 2012 Mitsubishi RVR (Outlander Sport) and I use it over the vehicle Bluetooth with both Q10 and Z30.

I use BB Assistant to dial, read and compose email /text/BBM and for navigation and mapping, and occasionally for answering questions or opening apps.

It's very consistent, as long as I speak slowly and clearly and have mobile data turned on. Some functions don't require data. It's not perfect, but it doesn't let me down too often.

via CrackBerry for Android
    What OS and what device? To be clear - you connect to your car's bluetooth system. While connected to your car, you engage BB assistant and ask it to compose email and texts or to take you someplace, and it is all working for you?

Well if that's true - that's new to me. When connected to any BT device my assistant responds only with - "The voice request was not understood". Has been this way forever on my Z10 and Z30 (now on 10.3.0)
    06-04-15 09:51 AM
    What OS and what device? To be clear - you connect to your car's bluetooth system. While connected to your car, you engage BB assistant and ask it to compose email and texts or to take you someplace, and it is all working for you?

Well if that's true - that's new to me. When connected to any BT device my assistant responds only with - "The voice request was not understood". Has been this way forever on my Z10 and Z30 (now on 10.3.0)
    You may have a poor BT device (and/or too much ambient noise. Might need to roll up a window or something). Last year, I had lots of problems, too, until I switched to a proper Bluetooth with noise cancelling. If it doesn't have "noise cancelling" (exact words) as a feature, don't use it. The improved accuracy was immediately noticed.

On a cheap pair of bluetooth headset from china, I can mostly hear good, but when I took a call the other week, the other party couldn't hear me for the most part. Just listening to music, one might not know how bad the microphone is on these BT devices.
    06-04-15 01:10 PM

Ah. It was greatly improved in 10.3.1.
    In 10.3.0 it didn't like low bitrate bt devices.
    Try your phone with a 16K 16bit audio BT headset... will probably work fine.

Get yourself updated to 10.3.1 asap.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 08:08 PM
    But how does one think Assistant is good when it can't truly function hands-free in a car via BT for example? Or how about using it to 'Report a Problem' on Waze?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:13 PM
    But how does one think Assistant is good when it can't truly function hands-free in a car via BT for example? Or how about using it to 'Report a Problem' on Waze?

Posted via CB10
    Because it works great with my car's BT.

What version of OS are you on?
    If pre-10.3.1 you can expect to see improvement when you move to 10.3.1 or later.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 11:20 PM
    I don't use it. Seems gimmicky anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 11:45 PM
    Because it works great with my car's BT.

What version of OS are you on?
    If pre-10.3.1 you can expect to see improvement when you move to 10.3.1 or later.

Posted via CB10
    10.3.1 here. How do I invoke assistant by voice hands-free via car BT?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 01:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Totally vehicle dependent, some have the compatible software installed in the venue and some don't. My wife's Prius doesn't have the hands free button and only push button dial on her car. I can invoke voice dial by using the phone's mute button. That is not BlackBerry's fault it is Toyota's fault

Posted via CB10
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    06-05-15 04:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I put the assistant on speed dial. Push the button and the assistant is up instantly. Honda was kind enough to put 6 physical speed dial buttons in the odyssey.
    Some cars have a speak button that will trigger your phone's assistant. BlackBerry works with those as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:24 AM
    If it really an emergency, I would dial home instead or type 'home' in homescreen then tap it right away when it show result! Why waste time ranting about Assistant failing with your commands and calling it a disaster. Oh, people. Smh

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    Really!??
    How long did it take you to put all the words together???
    You shouldn't have.....

Any way...... because I was already driving in a single line road....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 10:44 AM
    You may have a poor BT device (and/or too much ambient noise. Might need to roll up a window or something). Last year, I had lots of problems, too, until I switched to a proper Bluetooth with noise cancelling. If it doesn't have "noise cancelling" (exact words) as a feature, don't use it. The improved accuracy was immediately noticed.

On a cheap pair of bluetooth headset from china, I can mostly hear good, but when I took a call the other week, the other party couldn't hear me for the most part. Just listening to music, one might not know how bad the microphone is on these BT devices.

That is not at all the issue or what I was speaking about. While connected to my 2014 Jeep Liberty's BT I can voice dial without issue using the call button. Using the command button in the Jeep or using the actual voice assistant (mute button) on the BB the voice assistant will not understand anything I say. This is absolutely true for me on any BT device. The voice dialing is flawless, ("CallHome" "Call Joe R.") but the assistant over BT will not recognize any command that works fine when disconnected from BT (IE - "read last BBM").
    06-05-15 10:48 AM
    Chen if you are serious about Assistant buy these guys pronto before they get swallowed up by MS/Google/Apple.

Oh my Lord.... just clicked on the link
    So good that seems fakes
    I do used hound for music recognition
    And is always bang on....

Mr. Che really should have a look at it.
    Of if I can afford it I will lol....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:23 AM
    I have not had this problem. I have had others:
    - cannot connect to voice sever (very inconsistent)
    - far too many confirmations
    - I can't figure out how to call a contact with more than 1 mobile number. On BBOS7 I could say "call bob mobile 2". In BB10 there seems to be no way to do that.

But for the original issue, I find it pretty good most of the time, especially when it simply did not work at all under 10.2

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:10 PM
    This is absolutely true for me on any BT device. The voice dialing is flawless, ("CallHome" "Call Joe R.") but the assistant over BT will not recognize any command that works fine when disconnected from BT (IE - "read last BBM").
    I'm sure you've already checked, but the assistant is set to the proper language, right?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:16 PM
    I find it pretty accurate in a quiet environment.

But do you have an accent? Are you using it through a Bluetooth headset ? I noticed that it doesn't really work with Bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 04:44 PM
    I find it pretty accurate in a quiet environment.

But do you have an accent? Are you using it through a Bluetooth headset ? I noticed that it doesn't really work with Bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    You need a better Bluetooth device. I use mine to voice dial and voice to text in my old jeep with a glass pack muffler and it works fine

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 05:40 PM
    Maybe I'm so used to Siri that I just can't cope with the length of time it takes Assistant to do the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2576
    06-05-15 06:15 PM
    Maybe I'm so used to Siri that I just can't cope with the length of time it takes Assistant to do the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2576
    Tap the button to speed it up

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 07:09 PM
    I was just playing around with it and it didn't miss a beat. It works awesome! I'll be using it quite a bit from now on. Not sure what people are complaining about....

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 11:05 PM
    With the latest official update, Assistant is noticeably quicker completing a voice command

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    06-06-15 02:27 AM
    Since my software update a few days ago, my assistant won't recognized my voice. Something is very wrong. It worked perfectly before. Any suggestions?

#BB4Life TriniPassport!
    06-06-15 06:23 PM
    I'm sure you've already checked, but the assistant is set to the proper language, right?

Assistant is flawless when not connected to BT. So I'm guessing the language is correct.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 09:10 AM
    I was just playing around with it and it didn't miss a beat. It works awesome! I'll be using it quite a bit from now on. Not sure what people are complaining about....

Posted via CB10
    My complaint is that Assistant is flawless except when connected to a BT device. When connected to BT, the voice dialing still works, the assistant does not recognize any commands.
    06-08-15 09:12 AM
    My complaint is that Assistant is flawless except when connected to a BT device. When connected to BT, the voice dialing still works, the assistant does not recognize any commands.
    Might want to change Bluetooth device... as I'm using it on a plantronics voyager edge pretty much every day I had another plantronics that was cheaper but I trust this brand the most. Give that a try and see.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 09:19 AM
143 ... 23456