Hi guys,

If you're like I was a few hours ago, then you think the BlackBerry assistant is too slow to find what you're looking for (when you start typing from the home screen, aka universal search).
    But that was before I took the time to go to the settings for the BlackBerry Assistant. I basically only use the assistant for toggling quick settings, finding music or remember notes. Occasionally to find an app when I haven't got a keyboard shortcut for it.
    So I started by turning off all the categories I knew I'd never use (eg: messages, txt msg, BBM : I always use the hub to search for those).
    I then changed the order: some categories I knew would take longer to search than other smaller ones, so I placed the small ones I always needed real quick, at the top.
    It's almost night and day. The performance difference is drastic. My BlackBerry is about to become drastically quicker, more efficient and more productive as I discover yet another loked-over feature of the OS.
    (Quick reminder : settings - BlackBerry assistant - Device search settings).
    I don't know if anyone's in the same case as me, but I hope this helps some.

Kind regards
    Chris

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    velkod, Q10Bold, sibeans and 3 others like this.
    09-26-15 08:30 AM
    Yeah, I switched the order of some categories that were not important to me to the bottom. I get now results a lot faster.

~.Posted using CB10 on my Z10 running 10.3.2.~
    09-26-15 08:51 AM
    Many many thanks! I didn't r notice that the categories could be rearranged until I came across your post!

*even though it's clearly stated in device search settings, lmao.

*also keeping assistant open as the 1st active frame improves launch time from the mute button or tapping the icon in the homescreen.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    Last edited by sibeans; 09-27-15 at 01:58 AM.
    09-26-15 01:08 PM
    Wow... wow... wow...

The performance change is just :O

Thanks Chris, thanks a whole lot!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 07:16 PM
    I think once internal storage and flash memory standards are faster, the need to turn off queries of music, pictures, and videos won't be needed anymore.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    09-26-15 10:04 PM
    Great tip, thanks. Never thought of going in there and fooling around.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 11:00 PM
    If the Google icon disappears in assistant just long pressit in the extended dialog in settings & move it up evenif it was first already & it reappears...

Bumpkin
    09-27-15 01:12 AM
    Lol didn't even realize there was a settings section for BBA hahaha noob, I never use the thing. Nice
    09-27-15 01:30 AM
    Thanks!

I just disabled things I don't need searched. Assistant is so much faster now.
    09-27-15 07:38 AM