To anyone who has gotten Asphalt 8 to work on BB10, how'd you do it?

It's been my experience that anything that checks for license verification or that you've downloaded the latest upgrades will fail under BB10. Is there a workaround? Most of the apps I've paid for on Android won't work on BB10, in some cases because they're encrypted and locked to the device I downloaded them to. There's no workaround for that, and if that's the way of Android's future, BB10 is screwed, being that it relies mostly on Android apps to stay afloat.
    12-10-13 04:10 PM
    To anyone who has gotten Asphalt 8 to work on BB10, how'd you do it?

It's been my experience that anything that checks for license verification or that you've downloaded the latest upgrades will fail under BB10. Is there a workaround? Most of the apps I've paid for on Android won't work on BB10, in some cases because they're encrypted and locked to the device I downloaded them to. There's no workaround for that, and if that's the way of Android's future, BB10 is screwed, being that it relies mostly on Android apps to stay afloat.
    I wouldn't necessarily say BB10 is relying on Android apps to stay afloat. As far as working paid Android apps, you may want to check the Android Apps forum. Have you been able to save the apk?
    12-10-13 04:16 PM
    I wouldn't necessarily say BB10 is relying on Android apps to stay afloat. As far as working paid Android apps, you may want to check the Android Apps forum. Have you been able to save the apk?
    I can get the APK, yeah. I download it with my android phone, then use APK manager to put it on Google Drive, which my PC can get to. Then i convert that APK to BAR with a debug token, and install it to my Z10. It doesn't work. It hangs at the license verification check, basically. That's an issue with many Android games that people try to get running on BB10 devices. But i've read from one person here that they've managed to get Asphalt 8 to work, so I was wondering how.
    12-10-13 05:32 PM
    What OS are you running? If you're on 10.2.1.1055 just try to install it str8 from the apk, don't convert it.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    12-10-13 08:11 PM
    What OS are you running? If you're on 10.2.1.1055 just try to install it str8 from the apk, don't convert it.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    unfortunately I'm on 10.1 OS because 10.2 has issues with many Android games (no touchscreen response).
    12-11-13 10:49 AM
    unfortunately I'm on 10.1 OS because 10.2 has issues with many Android games (no touchscreen response).
    I don't have that problem and many apps work now on 10.2 and 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:56 AM
    10.2.1.1055 is where you wanna be! The Android Runtime is completely unlocked allowing access to API's that Android apps didn't have access to before.
    12-11-13 11:24 AM
    I don't have that problem and many apps work now on 10.2 and 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    all 4 temple run games work? subway surfer? killer bean unleashed? probe the humans? into the dead? major mayhem? zombie tsunami? need for speed most wanted? none of these Android games would work (no touchscreen response) when I was on 10.2. All of them work now that I'm on 10.1.
    12-11-13 12:03 PM
    10.2.1.1055 is where you wanna be! The Android Runtime is completely unlocked allowing access to API's that Android apps didn't have access to before.
    There's support for Jelly Bean Android apps now with 10.2, but all the apps and games I use only need Gingerbread compatibility, and 10.1 suits that role better, in my experience. In gaining Jelly Bean compatibility, Gingerbread compatibility was compromised. New isn't always better in this case.
    12-11-13 12:06 PM
    There's support for Jelly Bean Android apps now with 10.2, but all the apps and games I use only need Gingerbread compatibility, and 10.1 suits that role better, in my experience. In gaining Jelly Bean compatibility, Gingerbread compatibility was compromised. New isn't always better in this case.
    I understand your sentiment. However I would say, it never hurts to try. Or check the Android Apps section of the forums. Surely someone will have tested each app you've mentioned.
    12-11-13 12:51 PM
    I understand your sentiment. However I would say, it never hurts to try. Or check the Android Apps section of the forums. Surely someone will have tested each app you've mentioned.
    I did check before switching back to 10.1.. it's not like I wanted to switch back. The latest leak was nice. But it was too much messing around just to get everything to work (that used to work on 10.1). No amount of messing around would have enabled me to use all the games on 10.2. One or two may have worked if I was lucky enough to get the right version number of the game that worked, but not all.
    12-11-13 02:32 PM