So here is the current situation:
    1. BB10 developers are leaving this platform
    2. Blackberry company is giving up BB10 and go for Android
    3. Not enough developers who are focus on modding BB10

Don't get spoiled by Android Open source community, which you could change your Linux kernel source code by adding your junk into it; Before Android, it was "Windows mobile", it's close source, and people still mod it at all cost, when did this mentality fade away?

Blaming Blackberry or messaging them to gain back support is waste of time, they have their own problem need to solve in terms of company profitability than adding codes into BB10 nowadays.

I am proposing to ask XDA community to help on modding BB10; I don't know how yet, and I am willing to put down $100 and find out IF we could mod it to fully run Android and Google play services without any glitch/problem, Cobalt's project is nice but still tons of bugs, patches still need to apply and it's hit and miss, Google Hangouts, Google Keep... and many more still not working, Android Whatsapp picture sending still broken on BB10.

So you might ask: "Why should I donate $100 while I could get a new device?", here is the math, in my case I have Z30, Q10 and Passport, it's all sitting there and doing nothing because lacking of productive apps (At least Google Hangouts doesn't work, which is a headache for me as we are using Google Apps for business). At the end I spent $400 to buy a new Android device, or if you are rich, then buying Priv which worth like $600, so $100 seems not a lot and we could reuse our devices.

Please reply with constructive comments, I hope everyone could contribute little bit to get this going, let me know what you think, thank you.
    enrod87 likes this.
    05-26-16 06:07 AM
    My constructive comment is let it go, accept it and move on.
    05-26-16 06:14 AM
    You use Google apps for your business.
    Sell your BB10 devices and stick with Android.
    Or keep 1 BB10 device and use it as a secondary phone.

*ME173X
    05-26-16 08:30 AM
    I'd be interested. What are you hoping to see them accomplish with BB10?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 08:53 AM
    My advice, forget this whole BlackBerry BS, delete CB app, sell your BlackBerry devices while there's still people who want them. Buy a decent android device, load it with MM, and feel the love of a committed software development team. Stop worrying about this smartphone war, BlackBerry simply doesn't deserve our attention, I'll just say it out loud, as a smartphone maker, they kinda s#ck balls.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    05-26-16 09:22 AM
    Unless someone in the XDA community has access to the signing key files held deep within the BlackBerry servers, this is all meaningless.

No BlackBerry 10 device will accept any OS file unless it's a signed file. And only BlackBerry has the ability to sign the OS files before they are released.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:50 AM
    I don't think that's going to happen for a couple reasons.

1. Blackberry has to let go or fully abandon BB10 first

2. XDA people use phones that are readily available and are basically a dime a dozen, I have 2 android phones that never received anything from xda, it's all a matter of the developer having at least 2 or more of the same phone or backups of other phones, so you would have to donate a BB10 device, or give them enough to buy one.

3. Most importantly even though technology advances at an absurd rate, a lot of folks don't want try something new they want to stick with what works. To add on top of the whole status symbol thing for iPhone users who are so close minded, they literally don't even know BlackBerry or other companies exist!

4. (this part is more of a rant!) If your like me, I use my phone as a phone first, second comes....email and texting, and some light web browsing. This whole apps and phones mentality is killing the world. Literally it's making us more and more stupid by the day, just look down the street at any half busy city you see tons of people with their heads tilted down looking at a phone instead of interacting with the real world!

Posted via CB10
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-26-16 11:31 AM
    4. (this part is more of a rant!) If your like me, I use my phone as a phone first, second comes....email and texting, and some light web browsing. This whole apps and phones mentality is killing the world. Literally it's making us more and more stupid by the day, just look down the street at any half busy city you see tons of people with their heads tilted down looking at a phone instead of interacting with the real world!

Posted via CB10
    And yet, you used an app to post here.

*C5303
    05-26-16 11:37 AM
    And yet, you used an app to post here.

*C5303
    Touch

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 11:40 AM
    As stated, people in the XDA community cannot get ahold of BB10.

Plus which, it's now a VERY small market - hard to get people interested.
    05-26-16 03:43 PM
    You'd think asking XDA about XDA would make more sense than asking CrackBerry about XDA.
    eldricho likes this.
    05-26-16 03:58 PM
    My constructive comment is not to use any software that is free for business purposes, this includes the entire Google suite.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 09:31 AM
    Unless someone in the XDA community has access to the signing key files held deep within the BlackBerry servers, this is all meaningless.

No BlackBerry 10 device will accept any OS file unless it's a signed file. And only BlackBerry has the ability to sign the OS files before they are released.
    That's right, you can't release it. As a practical matter, it's also impossible to develop a build if you can't install it in dev devices, which don't exist outside of BB.
    05-28-16 09:34 AM
    We pay Google, and it's not free.
    05-31-16 01:05 AM
    As people said is not possible to mod BB10 - as we know is most secured system and without access to ROOT we cant do anything.
    Same situation was with Tablet OS and unlocking boot loader in Playbook
    05-31-16 06:31 AM
    We pay Google, and it's not free.
    Profound sir. Very profound.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-31-16 05:45 PM
    I'd pay them to get ART working on BB10 properly.

Still love the BB10 environment, and with ART, I can keep things separate yet together.

ART is one of the best things in BB10. It's like a VM!

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    06-01-16 01:57 PM
    With the existing relationship with Amazon, is there any chance they would put fireOS on blackberry? It's up to kitkat currently but soon to be lollipop...
    06-01-16 06:12 PM
    With the existing relationship with Amazon, is there any chance they would put fireOS on blackberry? It's up to kitkat currently but soon to be lollipop...
    Maybe if they didn't already have Google-approved Android access...
    06-01-16 06:15 PM