And either way, you'll just be wasting your time.
    Wasting your time on not you can try. I think the best we can do is to ask the guy that develops the app to make it bulletproof before they abandon it so we can continue to use it for a maximized period of time before they fundamentally change something down the road.
    03-30-16 04:56 AM
    In a couple days you might actually have to put together a petition to ask BlackBerry to continue to support BB10.
    03-30-16 06:59 AM
    When BlackBerry itself is not supporting BB10 OS and is giving all negative signal for last couple of years than why others going to listen us ?
    And FaceBook owns WhatsApp so no surprise that both are closing dead platform support.
    03-30-16 08:42 AM
    It's been many months since BlackBerry stopped maintaining their BB10 SDK and developer tools. If BlackBerry simply isn't willing or able to support 3rd party BB10 developers, how can you possibly ask 3rd party developers to support BB10?
    Yes,
    That's the exact point.
    03-30-16 08:44 AM
    At the end of the day, we're not BlackBerry, we're not Facebook, we're not Whatsapp and we're not Dev's, we are users. They all have their business to mind and to do, we don't need to speak for and speculate on behalf of them. There's nothing wrong with asking for something or telling someone how you feel about something. Especially if it affects you directly.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 01:13 PM
    So I've tried out the .apk and the app works perfectly fine as it would on any Android phone. It looks a lot nicer than its counterpart on BlackBerry 10. That's as far as the goodness goes for me. No chatfunction within the HUB and no option to mute a one-on-one chat. Plus, the battery drain is horrible. I usually go well over 30 hours on a single charge. I can leave the house cordless with less than 40% juice and I'll be fine. With the .apk I have to make sure the device is fully charged when leaving the house, because it might hit 50% within 6 hours and I'm usually gone for about 12. So I'm back on the native app until it's gone for good.
    03-30-16 03:08 PM
    What is needed from BB point of view is that the next 1/2 updates should bring something new security features that put BlackBerry into respectable position so that WA start thinking about to change its decision . No need to update runtime as it creates lots of battery drain for Android apps, nothing else.

04-01-16 01:27 PM
    What is needed from BB point of view is that the next 1/2 updates should bring something new security features that put BlackBerry into respectable position so that WA start thinking about to change its decision . No need to update runtime as it creates lots of battery drain for Android apps, nothing else.

Maybe if they improve the runtime they could also improve the battery usage of Android apps among many other things?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:25 PM
    I'd also ask BlackBerry to continue to support BlackBerry10, by the way...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 01:09 AM
    ^
    Good one
    04-02-16 03:50 PM
    What will be the consequences? Will I be able to use a sideloaded apk or something?

I would really love to use BBM but I have no contact who actually uses it.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    04-03-16 01:49 PM
    In a couple days you might actually have to put together a petition to ask BlackBerry to continue to support BB10.
    OMG that's too funy!! Love it

Busted out loud in the gym ) )))))

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 02:01 PM
    I feel sorry for all people who are ready to switch OS only to get one app.

Q10
    04-04-16 02:55 AM
    Wasting your time on not you can try. I think the best we can do is to ask the guy that develops the app to make it bulletproof before they abandon it so we can continue to use it for a maximized period of time before they fundamentally change something down the road.
    It's always successful in the Disney movies.....

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 04:21 PM
    Is sad, WhatsApp works perfectly on my leap.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 04:52 PM
    I really hope they change their mind on this

Posted via CB10 Z30, STA100-2, OS 10.3.2.2836
    04-04-16 05:05 PM
    I really hope they change their mind on this
    It's extremely unlikely.
    04-04-16 06:35 PM
    Has anyone had any luck getting the whatsapp web app working on the stock BB10 browser in desktop mode? I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work like you do on your computer browser.

My curiosity is killing me lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:35 AM
    I feel sorry for all people who are ready to switch OS only to get one app.

Q10
    It all depends on how many friends you have on whatsapp.

I don't know for the US but here in Italy everybody and his mother has Whatsapp, so not having that app is like to be left out in the cold.

I will try to arrange the. Apk on my Passport until it works but the day it won't work anymore I'll be forced to switch to Android (not Priv, tho).

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 08:42 AM
    At the end of the day, we're not BlackBerry, we're not Facebook, we're not Whatsapp and we're not Dev's, we are users. They all have their business to mind and to do, we don't need to speak for and speculate on behalf of them. There's nothing wrong with asking for something or telling someone how you feel about something. Especially if it affects you directly.

Posted via CB10
    What will happen if they don't make it? You will go to a platform that will have it. Requiring them to do nothing. Requiring nothing to change. BlackBerry did exactly what they should not have if they wanted to increase user support.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 10:58 AM
    Mark Zuckerberg: Keep WhatsApp compatible with Nokia and Blackberry phones. https://t.co/LgVGJEqudo via @Change

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 02:49 PM
    Oh, boy, another useless internet petition! Maybe this one will crack 2,500 signatures!

Oh, wait. The last one didn't even break 600. Never mind.
    04-12-16 05:06 PM
147 ... 456