Well, I was wrong about the numbers. Over 600 signatures as of right now.

Still won't make any difference, though.
    Almost 1500 now. But still not enough...to create any attrition this must reach at least 40k or more...

Leo

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:01 AM
    Previously on the "BlackBerry Petition Report":

Petition to fire John Chen!

Petition to make all-touch high end BB10!

Petition to make BB10 slider!

Petition to make BB10 open source!

Did I miss any?

What was that Einstein said about insanity?

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Talk about doing everything to scare customers away.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 06:44 AM
    [WARN]We can either cease the bickering and personal shots just deleted, or start issuing trolling and personal insults infractions. Choose wisely. [/WARN]

[WARN]Personal Attacks or Insults to Members
    Constructive discussions, debates, and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]
    03-07-16 07:11 AM
    [WARN]We can either cease the bickering and personal shots just deleted, or start issuing trolling and personal insults infractions. Choose wisely. [/WARN]

[WARN]Personal Attacks or Insults to Members
    Constructive discussions, debates, and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]
    I can understand not taking personal shots but why would you say 'No bickering ' and then say you stand for free speech? The community is discussing a controversial topic and asking for there not to be slight bickering is clearly unreasonable.

I didn't see any evidence of anyone provoking anyone on here. The only thing I saw is some people disagree with each other. So, what? Everyone has to agree with each other now?

Respectfully

Kjh

Posted via CB10
    devin266 likes this.
    03-07-16 07:25 AM
    I can understand not taking personal shots but why would you say 'No bickering ' and then say you stand for free speech? The community is discussing a controversial topic and asking for there not to be slight bickering is clearly unreasonable.

I didn't see any evidence of anyone provoking anyone on here. The only thing I saw is some people disagree with each other. So, what? Everyone has to agree with each other now?

Respectfully

Kjh

Posted via CB10
    This is off topic so if this answer doesn't suffice it's going to PM: this is a family-friendly site; we can and will remove any offensive material such as trolling and members insulting other members. Free speech is awesome but not when it's used to belittle others.
    03-07-16 08:19 AM

Respectfully

Kjh

Posted via CB10
    Actually, this site is a privately owned entity, not a government one. The freedom of speech one would assume to have is governed by Mobile Nations Guidelines and should be exercised with discretion and appropriate dignity towards other members. If a member cannot debate or discuss a subject without personal insults, there may be consequences.

You don't see the bickering because it was a series of insults, and was removed from view.
    03-07-16 08:34 AM
    This is off topic so if this answer doesn't suffice it's going to PM: this is a family-friendly site; we can and will remove any offensive material such as trolling and members insulting other members. Free speech is awesome but not when it's used to belittle others.
    My only objection was the use of the word 'bicker' which is so broad that any instance of disagreement could be captured under its umbrella.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 08:34 AM
    My only objection was the use of the word 'bicker' which is so broad that any instance of disagreement could be captured under its umbrella.

Posted via CB10
    Understood, "bickering" as used here was a polite way of saying "two people having an issue with each other and not caring what they said because they were sitting behind a monitor". Bickering is applicable and more polite, not to mention much quicker to type.

We now return you to your current discussion trend of the imminent/not imminent demise of Whatsapp on BB10.
    03-07-16 08:45 AM
    Let's just accept WhatsApp is leaving the BlackBerry 10 platform. We want a native app, but we need to use the .apk from 2017 onwards. No HUB support so you'll have to open the app more often. It's lame, but it is what it is. People fighting each other over this is even more lame.
    03-09-16 10:51 AM
    Let's just accept WhatsApp is leaving the BlackBerry 10 platform. We want a native app, but we need to use the .apk from 2017 onwards. No HUB support so you'll have to open the app more often. It's lame, but it is what it is. People fighting each other over this is even more lame.
    No. I don't just accept bad things if I can change them. Do you accept someone's dead when they've just been hit by a car? Do what you can. Get the person to the hospital. You can accept the person's dead when they're buried. Give it a shot, buddy.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 11:09 AM
    I understand your sentiment (and I feel the same), but don't agree with the analogy. Let's say someone's been hit by a car, there's a chance for survival. When someone's on life support and you cut the electricity, the person will die. When WhatsApp told us they're out come 2017 it wasn't a car accident with a chance for survival. It was cutting the electricity.

Seeing how much of a big supporter WhatsApp has been to the platform since day one with regular updates and good support (right here in the forums), this announcement was probably preceded by a very thorough internal discussion on whether to continue support or not. I don't think we can do anything about it.

But you know what, I'll sign the petition in support of you guys. I very much agree with you all and would like to keep using WhatsApp natively. And perhaps I might be proven wrong as long as nothing's set in stone yet.
    Killjoyhere likes this.
    03-09-16 01:26 PM
    They're not going to end support for another 9 months, right?

Here is something that would get WA's attention way more than the #number of people signing some petition:

• the #number of people using WhatsApp on BB10
    • the total message traffic to/from the BB10 app

If you want their attention, those are the numbers they care about.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    03-09-16 01:46 PM

Here is something that would get WA's attention way more than the #number of people signing some petition:

Since it's their app plus their servers, don't you think data's already in their hands?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 02:09 PM
    Since it's their app plus their servers, don't you think data's already in their hands?

Posted via CB10
    Of course it is. That's my point. If the community wants to save WA on BB10, don't sign a useless petition. Spend your efforts driving those two numbers. If those rise over these 9 months, they won't drop support.
    03-09-16 02:44 PM
    Of course it is. That's my point. If the community wants to save WA on BB10, don't sign a useless petition. Spend your efforts driving those two numbers. If those rise over these 9 months, they won't drop support.
    Aahh gotcha. Good thought but I don't think BB10 has enough users to move the needle enough to make effort worthwhile. I think we're seeing BB10 in a vicious cycle and unfortunately from app perspective, it's circling drain.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 02:48 PM
    I think its a better strategy but not guaranteed.
    03-09-16 05:27 PM
    The petition should be on the crackberry main page, if only they had some balls...

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    Asvertus likes this.
    03-23-16 12:12 PM
    Just let BB10 go. BlackBerry already has.
    03-23-16 12:37 PM

The #number of people using WA on BB is already stopped increasing. After WMC , WA understand the fact. No new device, no new users. Existing users have already started moving somewhere else . FB accelerate this movement by withdrawing support from BB10. Definitely WA(FB) has placed some target #number before BB to continue its support. Only BB's positive move can get WA's attention back.

03-23-16 12:39 PM
    Like i say before in another topic. WA just release an update. So.........
    03-25-16 01:58 PM
    I tried using the latest android apk on bb10 and it worked somewhat. chats worked and it would receive media files but would not send pics or videos. sending contacts worked. Has anyone experienced this before?
    03-27-16 11:40 PM
    No don't care whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 05:14 AM
    No don't care whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    Suggest you find new thread...

Posted from my passport not 'running the google'
    03-28-16 06:15 AM
    Besides signing a petition, you can try writing them directly.

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:12 AM
    Besides signing a petition, you can try writing them directly.

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/
    And either way, you'll just be wasting your time.
    03-28-16 12:05 PM
147 ... 3456