Maybe a developer, like Nemory, make a native Whatsapp application for BB10. If necessary I will pay for it. Like Face10 for Facebook.

I don't know. Is it legally possible?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 12:23 PM
    Whatsapp is known for blocking third party apps even on unsupported platforms like Sailfish OS. So even someone wastes his or her time for developing a third party app for whatsapp, every user has to expect a ban from whatsapp which could come everytime and is very likely to happen.
    02-29-16 01:14 PM
    No, you don't understand. They will use ads to charge $.49 per month for the ad-less PRO version!
    And everyone knows that 0.99 is more than 0.49! Everyone will love this decision!

Posted via CB10
    The $0.99 charge was a yearly registration charge, not a monthly charge, so $0.49 per month is considerably more money over the course of a year.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 01:47 PM
    The $0.99 charge was a yearly registration charge, not a monthly charge, so $0.49 per month is considerably more money over the course of a year.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, I forgot the "sarcasm" tag on this one.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 01:51 PM
    YOU clearly don't understand

It is WhatsApp's fault.

The Dev Tools for BB10 they have access to provide all the tools they need to support and further develop the App for BB10.

For Symbian and legacy BlackBerry OS it might hold true that a lack of Dev Tools holds them back. But not for BB10.

The decision to dump BB10 is clearly market share driven.

Microsoft probably threw a lot of cash at them to keep supporting Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    Market share/usage could have something to do with it but they've mentioned SDK limitations in the past so it could still apply here,

forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-apps-f274/whatsapp-blackberry-10-beta-testing-892136/index70.html#post12261476

Other developers have brought up issues as well. Don't get me wrong, BB10 development tools should still work fine for most apps depending on their needs and developers have made some incredible apps with them (including WA) but I can see how the lack of roadmapped updates can discourage some.

devblog.blackberry.com/2015/10/an-update-for-blackberry-10-developers/
    1khalid likes this.
    02-29-16 05:36 PM
    I sent them an email...
    Ask WhatsApp to continue to support BB10-116780359.jpg

Posted via CB10
    8dx likes this.
    02-29-16 06:08 PM
    I sent them an email...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	116780359.jpg 
Views:	960 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	392852

Posted via CB10
    Meh. Looks more like fanboy rant. That'll go straight to their trash bin.

*A3-A20
    02-29-16 06:18 PM
    What gets me is, why the heck if they're going to stop support for BlackBerry, have they put through two updates in beta zone since the announcement?

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 06:40 PM
    WhatsApp is ending support.... later this year. Didn't say they were removing the app or that it wouldn't work. It really comes down to if they make a change that requires a new version of the app to work.
    yeah i agree with you on that, i don't think WhatsApp will remove its app from the BB10 BB World, they will just keep it over there but they won't bother for any bugs fixes, new features or even newer releases. what the app may look like after 31 Jan 2016 will stay as it is, we won't expect anything more from that moment onwards. just like Facebook for BB10, just like Twitter, just like WeChat. no updates at all but they still work with oldies features. yeah it's a sad thing though..

myself, although i'm still dual-wielding BBM & WhatsApp but 70% of my convos is still over BBM, my WhatsApp is mainly just for group messaging as yeah, i admit this, inviting people to a WhatsApp group is a lot easier over that of BBM Groups. in fact, the BB10 OS will still receive some improvements for some more time, still some chances of life are there.

honestly, i haven't imagined of me holding a PRIV though.. even though it's made "by BlackBerry" but for me, a keyboard phone is a must. it's a sad thing that BB10 is now on a life support.
    02-29-16 08:27 PM
    What gets me is, why the heck if they're going to stop support for BlackBerry, have they put through two updates in beta zone since the announcement?

Posted via CB10
    I presume it's because the support does not end until 2017. Impeccable timing because the update is 29 Feb, today!

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 09:03 PM
    If you can talk what's app into providing services with Blackberry I would love it if you could ask them to give me a couple Vertu phones as well. Thanks.
    02-29-16 09:24 PM
    Let's hope so, if the petition works.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:36 PM
    Haha, petitions.

Might as well show up to their office with a boom box playing Peter Gabriel.
    02-29-16 10:43 PM
    Actually, that is the third email, where I already lost my temper, since any email you send, mentioning BlackBerry or BB10 does go straight to their bin

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 02:39 AM
    why should I ask WA to continuing there app for BB?

actually I'm very glad this WA crap finally and officially gets taken OFF may devices without the need of employing Sachesi or DBBT!

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-01-16 04:01 AM
    Please release the video calling version of Whatsapp for BB10. Perfect it by releasing a few updates. And then pull the plug on us loyal Whatsapp for BlackBerry 10 Passport users.... Maybe a few Z30 guys too.

One more request... try to make use of the quad microphone setup on the Passport and the active leak compensation while on Video... and test out the premium headphones mic as well thoroughly.

Then i will be happy for the whole of 2017 until i move on to a BlackBerry Android device (if at all BB Handset division exists in 2018)
    03-01-16 05:16 AM
    why should I ask WA to continuing there app for BB?

actually I'm very glad this WA crap finally and officially gets taken OFF may devices without the need of employing Sachesi or DBBT!

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    You mean without having to long press it and tap the trash icon?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:48 AM
    Actually, that is the third email, where I already lost my temper, since any email you send, mentioning BlackBerry or BB10 does go straight to their bin

Posted via CB10
    Look at this guy, thinking he's funy and all. You know the CB community wants it, so you decide to not help them and go against what they want. Geez

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:49 AM
    Look at this guy, thinking he's funy and all. You know the CB community wants it, so you decide to not help them and go against what they want. Geez

Posted via CB10
    What makes you think the CB community wants it?

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    03-01-16 07:15 AM
    Those comments about if you wanted whatsApp you shouldn't have bought a Blackberry, are totally ludicrous. First of all people buy the phone that suits their need, not just because it has WhatsApp installed on it. All we are saying it would be nice if whatsApp continued to support BB10 version. If they don't then so be it, but we are not going to switch to a **** iPhone or a flopping W10 phone, just to get whatsApp. We wiil just install the Amazon App store version which works just fine. Nice try Apple user, ha ha..
    03-01-16 02:17 PM
    I'm still shocked that people are surprised at all by this. BlackBerry stopped supporting 3rd party developers. They totally stopped. They even laid off the group responsible for this function within the company.

So how long did people expect companies like FB to continue to support apps like this? I give them a lot of credit for even extending support for almost one more year. That's much more commitment than BlackBerry themselves have shown.
    03-01-16 02:26 PM
    I'm currently a Z30 user and also used to use a Q10. i came to BlackBerry because at the time the Q10 was the only phone that had a physical keyboard and since then BB10 adequately supported my needs. I could email, facebook, twitter, whatsapp, text, web browse, obviously call as well. i sideloaded instagram but it's not a crucial app. it would have been nice to use other apps and games and things available for other platforms but in the end i learned to live without them.
    I've tried to stay loyal to BlackBerry as long as i could.

Now without a major app like WhatsApp supported on the platform, i'm afraid this is an absolute deal breaker for me.
    Everybody i know has WhatsApp. Nobody i know uses BBM. i'm not going to be forcing people to change app just for me, i expect i would be forced to change for them.
    Yes I see that I can effectively sideload the APK or install it from Amazon Appstore, but I don't want to do that. The android runtime is not optimal. it won't integrate into the hub properly. Because of the twitter image loading problems, i tried loading the android Twitter from Amazon, it's slow as hell. i'm used to just flicking through tweets and skimming along. it's so annoying in the native bb10 twitter that i cannot view images. sooo annoying. i follow some F1 tweeters and they posting some nice photos of the new 2016 cars and i can't bloody see them without having to fire up browser and visit mobile.twitter.com
    i've seen other users are affected by this and we're waiting for an update but when is that coming? Will loading the Android WhatsApp give me the same experience? i'm pretty sure it will and i don't want to be messing around with that.

i don't frequent these forums that often but i felt i had to say something. i looked at the list of trending topics and we've got "WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued", " Handset division is dead!", " The best BlackBerry ever without WhatsApp: how do you feel?", " Dear BlackBerry...please listen to your loyal customers", " Chen's venture to android soul purpose was to kill the hardware division". It makes for grim reading. Any outsider reading these forums will just look at this and just see a broken userbase.

Once i saw the news WhatsApp was dropping support, that to me is the final straw.
    i'm sorry blackberry faithful but i'm going to be moving to either Android or iOS before the end of the year, maybe the Priv but at the moment it's just a little too expensive. i would love to go back to the physical keyboard on the priv but i can't really justify the cost.
    Gallofa and Killjoyhere like this.
    03-01-16 05:06 PM
    I dont use whatsapp, but I signed the petition for you guys

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    03-01-16 09:39 PM
    Lol hahaha

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 10:14 PM
    You mean without having to long press it and tap the trash icon?

Posted via CB10
    I meant to quote this in my previous comment... sorry lol

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 10:16 PM
147 12345 ...