03-05-15 03:48 AM
97 1234
tools
    There are definitely a lot of deluded fanatics here. A lot of folks still in denial.

Don't agree with with absolutely everything in that article but a good 70% is damn true about bbry fans... embarrassing some of ourselves :/

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 04:19 AM
    Your comment added absolutely nothing to the discussion. Interesting you feel compelled to let everyone know you use a miniPad. Now who's baiting who?
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    02-15-15 09:06 AM
    It's newer and much better than what he's got (sorry Z10 fans). He could wait for the Rio phone I suppose but that probably won't have comparable specs to even the "old" Z30.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    But it's your opinion... Z30 is simply too large for me....

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    02-15-15 09:28 AM
    changing to a device that is 1.5 years old isnt an upgrade really
    And your experience/expertise on the Z30 is . . . ?
    Lostboy5151, Corbu and tufcustomer like this.
    02-15-15 11:46 AM
    Did someone say DELUSIONAL??

02-15-15 12:05 PM
    There are definitely a lot of deluded fanatics here. A lot of folks still in denial.

Don't agree with with absolutely everything in that article but a good 70% is damn true about bbry fans... embarrassing some of ourselves :/

Posted via CB10

70% ???

I assume you did a survey and have all the accredited documents to back up your claim?

What is it YOU love and believe in?
    You think (just maybe) people might think YOU'RE a deluded fanatic about it? Or is it just those that have a passion for something you don't agree with?

I'm just trying to get a handle on where you're coming from.

"A LOT OF DILUTED FANS???
    THIS IS A BLACKBERRY WEBSITE. We're here BECAUSE we're diluted fans!!! And I'm Dangerous!
    Why are you here????????

My point: Don't be so quick to judge others. You're no better or worse than anyone else.

3hb78ftg and edwinsberry like this.
    02-15-15 12:20 PM
    All i know is, blackberry certainly has to work on their advertising because right now, its basically non-existent. Along with fixing blackberry protect for BB10, because its also useless.
    Douken likes this.
    02-15-15 01:07 PM
    This is another example of the ignominious reputation blackberry fans have on the wider web.
    This is kinda like when some poll is hosted somewhere that asks "What's your phone of choice?" or whatever.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-15-15 01:53 PM
    3]A LOT OF DILUTED FANS???
    [/COLOR][/FONT]THIS IS A BLACKBERRY WEBSITE. We're here BECAUSE we're diluted fans!!! And I'm Dangerous!
    Why are you here????????

My point: Don't be so quick to judge others. You're no better or worse than anyone else.

I only point out spelling mistakes when they're mistakes of transposition.

Diluted means one thing.
    Deluded means another.
    reeneebob and techvisor like this.
    02-15-15 01:55 PM
    The only delusion BlackBerry is guilty of is in thinking that employees of enterprises are more concerned with being productive than with entertaining themselves with various social media apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    BB fans have been not only delusional about that. The whole BB is more secure argument IMO only really holds true if you're using BBM or direct pin to pin communications. Once you use anything else you are just as open to security issues. BB10 uses Android apps which are open to the same security issues as on Android phones, and the vast majority have lots of Android apps on their phones. Still BB users constantly bring up the security issues on Android while their own devices are infested with Android apps.
    vbdwork likes this.
    02-15-15 01:57 PM
    BB fans have been not only delusional about that. The whole BB is more secure argument IMO only really holds true if you're using BBM or direct pin to pin communications. Once you use anything else you are just as open to security issues. BB10 uses Android apps which are open to the same security issues as on Android phones, and the vast majority have lots of Android apps on their phones. Still BB users constantly bring up the security issues on Android while their own devices are infested with Android apps.
    The problem with your statement is we don't know what security features are incorporated into BlackBerry Android Player. Without such knowledge, you can't say if a bb10 device running an Android app is more or less secure than running the same app on native Android.

All apps are vectors. Even native BlackBerry apps. Your only defense is the Antivirus scanning and the app store signature process.

The fact that nobody has got around the BlackBerry bootloader does imply bb10 is more secure than the rest of the pack. If the bootloader can be compromised, you can't trust the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 02:12 PM
    You don't get it. What we haven't heard is company ABC leaking private customer data due to an Android or IOS breach.

To phrase it another way, there are plenty of example of Android and IOS hacks, but there is no definitive case of a particular person or group of persons being harmed because some third party, i.e. a person using a BYOD phone at a corporation, got hacked.

Please don't waste anyone's time with that dumb "let me Google that for you." That nonsense hadn't been funny this century.

Posted via CB10
    My apologies. I missed "corporate" originally, makes for a wholly different statement. And while companies might be able to keep a data breach from making headlines, there are companies in 47 states, D.C., and outliers that are by law required to disclose breaches involving customer/consumer data. Unless, of course, they "reword" what constitutes a data breach and/or consumer info or declare it a criminal investigation. So you could (probably) be correct in that there's been more than a couple, and we perhaps haven't heard about them because they're "under investigation".
    02-15-15 03:38 PM
    As I said before, I come from iPhone, the apps missing is a problem, but the phone is simply fantastic!,
    Just my opinion
    Security:
    I hate the problem of the apps. I cant find a way to Extract an App from.the System. In each System you can do that. Here you cant.
    I know. Is Security. But i hate it.
    My internet is so slow that i cant dream in download twice a big game.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 04:07 PM
    The problem with your statement is we don't know what security features are incorporated into BlackBerry Android Player. Without such knowledge, you can't say if a bb10 device running an Android app is more or less secure than running the same app on native Android.

All apps are vectors. Even native BlackBerry apps. Your only defense is the Antivirus scanning and the app store signature process.

The fact that nobody has got around the BlackBerry bootloader does imply bb10 is more secure than the rest of the pack. If the bootloader can be compromised, you can't trust the OS.

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't imply that the bootloader is more secure, just that hackers don't think it's worth the time to try hard and crack it. Since as you say we don't know what security features are in the RT then someone can't make the claim that BB is more secure then Android. I would say that since an Android app is asking for the same rights at install that it asks for on a native Android phone the security is the same on both, when running the app. The Android side could be more dangerous on the BB side then a native Android phone, because many people are running older apks. They do this because the older ones work better with the RT, so if there are fixes in the newer apks they will not get them. How about patched apks, no one can guarantee that the patched apks are secure after they have been modified.
    02-15-15 04:15 PM
    I only point out spelling mistakes when they're mistakes of transposition.

Diluted means one thing.
    Deluded means another.

pfffttt

You actually just stopped by to ridicule my spelling?
    I'm flattered!!
    kbz1960 and anon(9208252) like this.
    02-15-15 04:32 PM
    It's newer and much better than what he's got (sorry Z10 fans). He could wait for the Rio phone I suppose but that probably won't have comparable specs to even the "old" Z30.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    Another issue to consider for users on AT&T is that the Z30 does not support all of the LTE bands that AT&T uses. I've thought about replacing my Z10 with a Z30 but the lack of full LTE coverage is holding me back.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:26 PM
    I don't have delusions about BlackBerry.
    I prefer the brand over the others.
    I just don't always want to justify to others why I prefer BlackBerry yet every time someone wonders why I have one, it comes out like an accusation.
    That's the reality.
    People judge you by your phone.
    If your phone is BlackBerry, you are branded part of a losing team.
    So be it.
    I'll just keep moving with BlackBerry and see how far I can go with my Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:48 PM
    I've used my BlackBerry Z30 around a lots of people, there are impressed with the phone. I think BB need a lot more marketing hands on like in mall and events with people who know how to show what BB10 is.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:58 PM
    It's still frustrating to be viewed as somewhat less valuable because your fruit of choice doesn't have a single bite out of it.

BlackBerry makes devices many people (like us) enjoy and feel comfortable with using. I, for one, prefer using a BlackBerry to iOS or Android because it feels more efficient to me. Once the whole of BlackBerry users attain a case by case mindset, we can overcome that bias.

As for the article: most of the points seem valid, but proven with outdated or incomplete information. AT&T has exclusive rights to sell a modified Passport and both AT&T and Verizon will be carrying the Classic. So there is at least a chance for a presence in the US for new BlackBerry 10 devices.

Security can be tenuous as well, since Macs were sold on "we don't get viruses for years. At the time the OS wasn't as prolific as it is now and also not worth a hacker's time. This is also a fact that has shifted somewhat to the opposite.

Once people know BlackBerry can do what Android can in a functional manner, plus more (Blend specifically) it will change the view of BlackBerry, but only time will tell if this change will be significant, much less profitable.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    02-15-15 10:46 PM
    pfffttt

http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0117.gif

You actually just stopped by to ridicule my spelling?
    I'm flattered!!
    Well he probably didn't have time to mention all of them,
    Lostboy5151 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-15-15 10:47 PM
    Great, now the number of delusions is down to 5.
    02-15-15 11:11 PM
    This is a very interesting article about the reality of Blackberry, but I think some people won't like it.
    The dangerous delusions of the BlackBerry fan
    Basically a reaction piece to negative feedback on a previous article.

This from someone who has helped write 'over 40 books on ipad for dummies'

02-15-15 11:21 PM
    Oh Boy, some the comments and posts here a ridiculous, others I agree with whole heartedly, opinions are like _____, everybody has one! Me, Bold to Passport, and wife has a Classic. Both have been phenomenal, stable, meet all our needs, and the Passport keeps blowing me away with it's speed, efficiency and productivity and Blend is awesome! To each his own...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:10 AM
    My apologies. I missed "corporate" originally, makes for a wholly different statement. And while companies might be able to keep a data breach from making headlines, there are companies in 47 states, D.C., and outliers that are by law required to disclose breaches involving customer/consumer data. Unless, of course, they "reword" what constitutes a data breach and/or consumer info or declare it a criminal investigation. So you could (probably) be correct in that there's been more than a couple, and we perhaps haven't heard about them because they're "under investigation".
    I've had my credit card breached at Costco Wireless and "The Nerds". Neither of these made the press, and there had to be hundreds of victims. So if somebody slips a few credit card numbers do to a app hack and those half dozen people are notified, you aren't going to read about it.

I used my credit card to purchase a program called Plane Plotter. The seller is in Portugal. Sure enough, the my card had a good time in Ukraine. That was the only new place I used it, so I'm sure there was a breach at Plane Plotter. Of course, they aren't in the US.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 01:19 AM
    LOL, you people realize that 90% of your replies are making his blog bang on but yet you seem shocked and bewildered to where he could ever come up with such assumptions.
    Who cares what device you use or what device your neighbour uses, or who likes your device. There's so much more going on in the world to be concerned about than crying over one persons views on a product just because it doesn't match yours.
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 02-16-15 at 07:55 AM.
    02-16-15 06:24 AM
97 1234