And how many BB devices actually run in a configurations like you describe? Not many as a percentage of the total number of devices I suspect. If you take a modern iOS or Android device, don't jailbreak or root the device and prevent the installation of apps they will be secure too.
    You have it wrong. IF the device can be jail broken, it is not secure.

Have you actually investigated IOS8? It is very buggy. IOS8 is so bad that Apple promised IOS9 will be mostly bug fixes.

http://www.wired.com/2014/11/ios-8-buggiest/

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 11:22 PM
    I don't think he's too off track. It is very difficult to rejuvenate a company that once ruled the market. Coke came back, and rules. The car makers with the help of uncle Sam made it back.

Face it. Blackberry abandoned it's customers and did not adapt to the changing smart phone market.

He as well as I wish the company well. They have a long ways to go

Marketing is still atrocious. It's the worst. Chen should be ashamed of himself and the the company.

Currently only a handful of people even have a clue blackberry still makes phones.

The products and software are good, but the marketing is pathetic.
    02-18-15 11:37 PM
    Its been a month since I switched to a Nexus 5.
    Sadly, i've put it up for sale yesterday and put my SIM back in my old Z10.

Don't have the time to waste right now to explain what & why but anyone who has seriously tried a BB10 device for a fortnight at least will definitely accept that there's something really 'well thought out' about BB10 devices (except passport which i hate - i like being able to do everything with one hand so..)

My only gripe is they need a few more handset launches - all touch ones.
    02-18-15 11:59 PM
    I don't think he's too off track. It is very difficult to rejuvenate a company that once ruled the market. Coke came back, and rules. The car makers with the help of uncle Sam made it back.

Face it. Blackberry abandoned it's customers and did not adapt to the changing smart phone market.

He as well as I wish the company well. They have a long ways to go

Marketing is still atrocious. It's the worst. Chen should be ashamed of himself and the the company.

Currently only a handful of people even have a clue blackberry still makes phones.

The products and software are good, but the marketing is pathetic.
    I wholeheartedly agree there needs to be better marketing, but I have said it before: get the company healthy first, then let people know what is happening.

People still are shocked when I use the touchscreen on my Q10. There are people who had no idea there were such things as touchscreen BlackBerry devices (Storm, Storm 2, 9800, 9810, 9850/60, 9900, Z10, Z30, Q10, Z3, Passport, Classic and Rio - that's a lot of devices to not know exist). Marketing can fix all this, but what good is it if the product isn't ready for mass consumption? The complaints I see here as well as the reviews (however incomplete they might be) are proof enough the average consumer isn't open-minded enough to see the benefits of this platform as an alternative or companion to an iPad or Android tablet.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:13 AM
    Regarding marketing, I was in one of those "group therapy" music classes. (multiple people taking lessons at the same time so you can be subject to group humiliation. ) I asked the instructor "would you play this so I can record it on my BlackBerry." I take out the Z10, fire up Parrot, then I hear "That is a Blackberry?" Yep, clearly BlackBerry needs better marketing.

All that said, I don't believe in billboards or celebrity spokes-holes. I am a believer in kiosks. In fact, I was waiting for a keyboard bb10 phone. I saw the Z10 at Costco and played with it. At that point, I was sold.

Samsung is big on kiosks. People need to play with the product. Granted this should be done in the "phone store", but that isn't the sole means of selling phones these days. The deal is you need a manufacturer's rep to maintain the kiosks. That may not be BlackBerry's style.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry and berry4life99 like this.
    02-19-15 02:48 AM
    Eh, I use a z10. Fine phone. Nothing buggy.

Posted via CB10
    It sure as heck was when Verizon launched. Plagued with rebooting issues.

Fact not fiction.

BlackBerry hates America!
    techvisor likes this.
    02-19-15 02:12 PM
    It sure as heck was when Verizon launched. Plagued with rebooting issues.

Fact not fiction.

BlackBerry hates America!
    I'm a GSM user. Mine worked fine out of the box.

When does anything work well on Verizon?

Let me educate you. GSM phones meet international standards. They have the utmost interoperability. Verizon is Verizon. The standard is to have no standard. Verizon is great for voice but nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:58 PM
    Since that doesn't change the fact that returns of Z10's outpaced sales what's your point?
    02-19-15 11:25 PM
    Someone "disliking" your phone choice should not cause so much angst. Period.
    techvisor and methodinsane like this.
    02-20-15 01:04 AM
    I have a z10 on 10.3.1 leaked and work better than in 10.2 sorry but i love this phone, and this community too, i come from iphone and test this phone for a couple of days, and end with this in my hands, in my country you cant buy a smartphone on store, you buy that from second hand, if someone take from other country and sell it,
    Serious, somebody must take note of this. They do a great job in bb10 and i hope they make BlackBerry profitable.

Posted via CB10
    Have to agree. While I am not a "touchscreen" keyboard fan, my wife dropped her almost 3 year old Z10 right on the mic. It stopped working, and only worked on speaker. She was devastated. I asked her if Z30 would work for her, but she was adamant that she only wanted her Z10.

Long story short, I found her an STL100-3 used in mint for $180. Loaded a 10.3.1.2072 leak on it, and I'll be damned if it didn't make the phone better. Camera is better, battery life is better, and it's much easier and faster running the Android apps she uses.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    02-20-15 01:16 AM
    Since that doesn't change the fact that returns of Z10's outpaced sales what's your point?
    That's actually impossible isn't it?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 O2 UK
    02-20-15 01:19 AM
    If returns actually 'outpaced' sales wouldn't that mean there would be no Z10 devices in the wild?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    heepman likes this.
    02-20-15 04:16 AM
    He actually makes some very valid points. What's funny is that every one of his points is consistently discussed in here.
    02-20-15 06:52 AM
    Someone "disliking" your phone choice should not cause so much angst. Period.
    And call you delusional?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    02-20-15 07:56 AM
    Totally. He wrote one negative article, saw how much attention it attracted and followed it up with this one.
    Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

The formula works every single time. I've heard it referred to as the "BlackBerry Effect."
    02-20-15 08:18 AM
    I've heard it referred to as the "BlackBerry Effect."
    I'd agree with that. Fun fact: the BlackBerry Effect used to be a GOOD thing.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-20-15 08:53 AM
    If returns actually 'outpaced' sales wouldn't that mean there would be no Z10 devices in the wild?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    No. Think about it. At what point were the returns outpacing the sales? They didn't say that this was taking place from the first day of sales.
    It's what the WSJ reported and can be looked up.
    BB made no secret that they had a lot returned and we all know that they took a huge write down on that loss.
    02-21-15 12:45 AM
    No. Think about it. At what point were the returns outpacing the sales? They didn't say that this was taking place from the first day of sales.
    BB made no secret that they had a lot returned and we all know that they took a huge write down on that loss.
    But what you're doing here is taking a fundamentally quantitative fact and treating it as a qualitative fact. It is like the show "Are You as Smart as a Fifth Grader". Just because a hand picked group of adults can have their intellectual hats handed to them by a hand picked group of fifth grade students says nothing at all about the relative knowledge of each group. Similarly if for some period of time BlackBerry logged more returns than sales does not say much about anything unless you can say by how many units and for how long. To make that factoid more useful you have to also include figures on how many still have their Z10, how many who returned or stopped using Z10 but went back. If that occurrence had any value it would have been to guide BlackBerry to adjust marketing to attract people who would like the Z10, fix performance issues etc. But again they would need the quantitative data, which of course they have.

The large write down was mainly because of o production for the market. Something BlackBerry seems to be gotten a handle on for later releases.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    02-21-15 08:41 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    No because the amount of time that this was occurring is not accounted for in your analysis. For example, what if this only occurred for 2 weeks? Then it would be true that for a period of time returns were outpacing sales, but also devices in the wild would be in existence.
    03-04-15 12:11 AM
    I'm a GSM user. Mine worked fine out of the box.

When does anything work well on Verizon?

Let me educate you. GSM phones meet international standards. They have the utmost interoperability. Verizon is Verizon. The standard is to have no standard. Verizon is great for voice but nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    As if a device having GSM or CDMA has anything to do with a rebooting problem; but the Z10 launched on Verizon with LTE. Which if you want to get technical, is a GSM derived technology.
    Saying that only voice works well on Verizon and then semi-contradicting yourself by saying nothing works well on Verizon, based on false statements in the first place, is just priceless stuff.

This is why I love CB
    03-04-15 01:00 AM
    Yes, there's an investigation into that specific WSJ article and Detwiler Fenton.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-04-15 01:39 AM
    As if a device having GSM or CDMA has anything to do with a rebooting problem; but the Z10 launched on Verizon with LTE. Which if you want to get technical, is a GSM derived technology.
    Saying that only voice works well on Verizon and then semi-contradicting yourself by saying nothing works well on Verizon, based on false statements in the first place, is just priceless stuff.

This is why I love CB
    Me too, My Man.

Me too.
    03-05-15 02:48 AM
97 ... 234