This is a very interesting article about the reality of Blackberry, but I think some people won't like it.
    The dangerous delusions of the BlackBerry fan
    02-14-15 12:45 PM
    Bwhahahahaha!! Galen Gruman is delusional. O and BTW, it's click bait.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 12:51 PM
    Yeah, the article is a child of a delusional mind. I guess some people need to get a life. Wonder who paid him. Lol. Pay no attention...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    02-14-15 12:53 PM
    The comments are ridiculous. He also replies with "it's easier to upgrade tens of thousands of devices compared to millions" and he says he doesn't have a hate on for BlackBerry. My a**.

Via CB Running Gold Candidate PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    bungaboy and moody like this.
    02-14-15 01:11 PM
    I think there is a lot of wisdom there. I don't think that the "delusional" thinking is endemic in the company, but I have seen a lot of delusional thinking on this board over the past year. But all of that is base on the premise that BlackBerry has to return to a multi billion dollar company soon in order to survive. I think what Chen and any one who is thinking rationally knows that is very unlikely. What is possible is a return to profitability, after that they may be able to grow. But we BlackBerry fans have to understand that there will always be big apps that aren't available, we won't have heard with the absolute bleeding edges technology inside. We have to make peace with that and use BlackBerry because it gives us what we want in a smartphone, and not live in hope that it will supplant iOS or Android in the hands of the vast majority of users.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.2072
    02-14-15 01:17 PM
    I think he makes some interesting points that could be a matter of debate... except the remark that Blackberry's problem isn't a marketing failure. This is a silly remark both factually and demonstrable from his own arguments.

Argument #1: that even Blackberry users don't want BB10 because they kept buying BBOS phones

This actually IS a marketing issue (or perhaps a BB10 pricing issue). Not every user is a fan. Most users are not fans. The fact that they wouldn't even *try* BB10 and stuck to BBOS devices suggests the opposite argument that he is trying to make.

Argument #2: that Android and iPhone users are repeat buyers, something that marketing just can't change

If that were true, then why do I have a 6-story tall iPhone advertising just down my street? How many *billions* does Apple spend on marketing every year? And how many of these repeat iPhone users have even tried, let alone *heard* of BB10?

Marketing isn't just billboards, it's also paying shops to have demo devices in shops for people to see and play around with, and having big stands next to them. Where I live, there's one of the world's largest electronics stores, Android has a section, Apple has a section, but there's not a single Classic in sight, the Passport and Q10 are scattered about, and the Z30 is turned off. How is anyone supposed to even know that Blackberry has a revolutionary new and OS without anyone being able to see it and that the weaknesses of old are effectively gone?

The fact that Android and iPhone users won't even look at, or even know of BB10's existence, directly implies a marketing failure, rather than proving the opposite.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 04:47 PM
    Bwhahahahaha!! Galen Gruman is delusional. O and BTW, it's click bait.

Posted via CB10
    Totally. He wrote one negative article, saw how much attention it attracted and followed it up with this one.
    02-14-15 04:53 PM
    "I love my Z30 so who cares about the platform crumbling around me?" crowd that is naive

One of his comments.

What the heck is crumbling?! If anything its about to get 10x better with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    02-14-15 05:06 PM
    I doubt I will ever buy a phone with a keyboard again. Right now BlackBerry hasn't given me anything to upgrade too from my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 07:01 PM
    I doubt I will ever buy a phone with a keyboard again. Right now BlackBerry hasn't given me anything to upgrade too from my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Not heard of the Z30?

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    decoy7 likes this.
    02-14-15 07:41 PM
    Not heard of the Z30?

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    changing to a device that is 1.5 years old isnt an upgrade really
    02-14-15 07:48 PM

What the heck is crumbling?! If anything its about to get 10x better with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    If the 10.3.1 is any of the leaks that I have tried on my Passport things are about to get worse! But I hope they fix it rather than push it to hit a deadline. Already moved the deadline a couple times, no reason to rush now.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:04 PM
    If the 10.3.1 is any of the leaks that I have tried on my Passport things are about to get worse! But I hope they fix it rather than push it to hit a deadline. Already moved the deadline a couple times, no reason to rush now.

Posted via CB10
    Almost no bugs here brother.
    Try a fresh install or just wait for official, but the only issue right now is a very intermittent screen flicker at times which goes away with a reboot. Hopefully that's adressed in official version after PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-14-15 08:19 PM
    I have a z10 on 10.3.1 leaked and work better than in 10.2 sorry but i love this phone, and this community too, i come from iphone and test this phone for a couple of days, and end with this in my hands, in my country you cant buy a smartphone on store, you buy that from second hand, if someone take from other country and sell it,
    Serious, somebody must take note of this. They do a great job in bb10 and i hope they make BlackBerry profitable.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:21 PM
    Almost no bugs here brother.
    Try a fresh install or just wait for official, but the only issue right now is a very intermittent screen flicker at times which goes away with a reboot. Hopefully that's adressed in official version after PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    I already rolled back to 10.3.0 latest official and everything is working great. No flickering or battery issues. Phone working as it should. Going to stay right here and wait to see what gets released and see what others experience before upgrading again. Shouldn't have to deal with screen flicking and having to reboot to fix. Hopefully it's not something some people just end up having to live with lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:40 PM
    I still think its funny how insecure BB owners are. Silly actually.

I couldn't give a crap what others think. I love it, and won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon....
    02-14-15 08:53 PM
    The only delusion BlackBerry is guilty of is in thinking that employees of enterprises are more concerned with being productive than with entertaining themselves with various social media apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Blacklatino and Douken like this.
    02-14-15 09:11 PM
    I still think its funny how insecure BB owners are. Silly actually.

I couldn't give a crap what others think. I love it, and won't be getting rid of mine anytime soon....
    In all actuality those who are insecure are the ones who continually feel the need to talk about a company they have declared dead and insignificant.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and anon(3732391) like this.
    02-14-15 10:04 PM
    It's newer and much better than what he's got (sorry Z10 fans). He could wait for the Rio phone I suppose but that probably won't have comparable specs to even the "old" Z30.

02-14-15 10:25 PM
    The only delusion BlackBerry is guilty of is in thinking that employees of enterprises are more concerned with being productive than with entertaining themselves with various social media apps and games.

Posted via CB10
    What the press will never report is a corporate data breach from an Android or Apple phone. It would be considered a "one off" event that would leak private data on a handful of people. Given the number of BYOD iphones and Android phones out there, I have to assume such a breach already occurred.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:32 PM
    I think that he's fair in much of his assessment in his article.
    For me, this comment by him was interesting:

"BlackBerry fans rejected the touchscreen Z10 in 2013, as well as the keyboard-oriented Q10 that year. That rejection cost BlackBerry more than $2 billion in write-offs. Instead, BlackBerry fans bought the old-style BlackBerry 7 devices -- suggesting they want no modern smartphone technology at all."

This was the one point where he missed the crux of the problem with the new BlackBerry's and why they were being returned in huge numbers..
    It wasn't that myself and thousands of others didn't want to move into a modern smartphone. Who wouldn't?
    The problem was OS10.0. Period. What good is a nice looking phone if it functions poorly? Great, there's a "Hub", now what about the rest of the phone?
    As some CB editors have admitted, OS 10 was bare bones and very buggy.
    The editor in chief stated that OS10.2.1 is the OS that the new BlackBerrys should have launched with.
    The list of problems that Blackberry likes to ignore just goes on.
    For Apple users, OS7 has a number of native BlackBerry OS X apps and all of those were (and still are) gone with the new operating system. OS10? It didn't even sync with iCal.

People don't want to have to deal with issues with their phones. They just want something that they can "plug and play" that works flawlessly for their needs and not have to modify their routines to use.

BB Link:
    The latest complaint on this not always reliable native and necessary tool:
    "Blackberry link.. buggy OS or built by idiots?"

Apps.
    The problem with non native apps taking time to load and being unreliable is well known in these forums.
    Only BB users have to learn about "radios" and using Sachesi or downloading an auto loader (after first learning what it is and how it works) in order to get an update for their phone that may be an improvement or may cause other problems.
    BlackBerry seems to ignore all of this as do some of the comments here (written in such a way as to prove the point about delusional fan boys).

As for Apple marketing:
    Apple's dollars spent on marketing is as much or more about selling new phones to it's existing customers as it is to gain new customers.
    When people are totally happy with their phones, it takes a lot of marketing dollars to get them to move to your new one.
    And that seems to have worked for them.
    The ROI for Apple is proof. What about BlackBerry's ROI on their phones?
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 02-14-15 at 11:54 PM.
    kbz1960, Alain_A, decoy7 and 3 others like this.
    02-14-15 10:45 PM
    What the press will never report is a corporate data breach from an Android or Apple phone. It would be considered a "one off" event that would leak private data on a handful of people. Given the number of BYOD iphones and Android phones out there, I have to assume such a breach already occurred.

Posted via CB10
    You haven't been paying attention. Here, and here.
    kbz1960 and Alain_A like this.
    02-14-15 10:53 PM
    "Not heard of the Z30?"

I Believe that the Z30 is a nice device: just not for me. If BB gets completely away from the Z10 form factor, I am gone. I just do not want to carry anything bigger. That is a personal preference, but it is "my" personal preference. Bigger is not always better, for me.
    BKA22 and ominaxe like this.
    02-14-15 11:32 PM
    You haven't been paying attention. Here, and here.
    You don't get it. What we haven't heard is company ABC leaking private customer data due to an Android or IOS breach.

To phrase it another way, there are plenty of example of Android and IOS hacks, but there is no definitive case of a particular person or group of persons being harmed because some third party, i.e. a person using a BYOD phone at a corporation, got hacked.

Please don't waste anyone's time with that dumb "let me Google that for you." That nonsense hadn't been funny this century.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    02-15-15 02:24 AM
    Coming from the Z10 yes, the Z30 is an upgrade indeed.

 Z30 - 10.3.1.1949
    02-15-15 03:05 AM
97 123 ...