Ars Technica published an interesting read about personal/work partitioning, including results of a poll they conducted. Good news for BlackBerry Balance!

Some quotes from the article:

The question we posed was "Would you use a dual-persona smartphone?" With 3,710 votes in our unscientific poll, 33.56 percent of readers said, "Yes, sign me up. I want a phone for work and personal stuff, but with a wall of separation between." Another 22.37 percent said, "Yes, but only if my employer paid for it." A further 18.54 percent said, "I'd consider a dual-persona smartphone if it's implemented in a more user-friendly way than current versions."

Adding those three together, that's 74.47 percent of you who either want a dual-persona phone right now, or would use one if it was employer-sponsored or if it could be implemented in a more user-friendly fashion."

Read the rest of the article here:
    http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/12/ars-readers-confirm-we-want-dual-persona-smartphones/
    magutwit likes this.
    12-24-12 04:00 PM
    But BlackBerry Balance is still an Enterprise solution. If RIM wanted to revamp it they could but for now the everyday consumer can't have BlackBerry Balance.
    aragone79 likes this.
    12-24-12 04:09 PM
    True, but the idea of the two personalities is that one personality is managed by the enterprise, the other by the user. Otherwise it would just be the same phone with two different home screens/modes.

Personally I'd like dual SIM too. One work, one personal. And for travelling I'll pop in a local SIM for cheaper data. Hmmm, make that tripple SIM ;-)
    12-24-12 04:15 PM
    Yeah I really wish they did this for ones that don't use BES and have it as a guest friendly partition.
    12-24-12 04:41 PM
    True, but the idea of the two personalities is that one personality is managed by the enterprise, the other by the user. Otherwise it would just be the same phone with two different home screens/modes.

Personally I'd like dual SIM too. One work, one personal. And for travelling I'll pop in a local SIM for cheaper data. Hmmm, make that tripple SIM ;-)
    Well, you can have it at Indonesia. I make this post from dual sim (dual always ON, one runs in 3,5G and one in GSM Mode), running ICS, with 4.3" touchscreen, 5MP main camera, already get softcase + extra battery. You can get it for USD 100 - 120 with no contract ofcourse and absolutely factory unlock.

But don't expect too much, this can only giving u a basic nowadays communication and some extra internal storage for installing 3-5 extra applications that you always use.

Can we get this from RIM? Hmm, I truly doubt it. Even from others giant manufacturers. Only Made in China can give u this
    12-24-12 05:09 PM
    But BlackBerry Balance is still an Enterprise solution. If RIM wanted to revamp it they could but for now the everyday consumer can't have BlackBerry Balance.
    If I'm not mistaken, Blackberry Balance also can only work if our company uses BES 10 server. Isn't Bla1ze?
    12-24-12 05:11 PM
    Absolutely this is a good news for RIM, I do think that 77% percent of people the best choice for them is BlackBerry 10 with BlackBerry Balance technology.
    Which means once you have BB10, you have natively been deployed two different workbase, one is personal base, the other is work base.

Amazing isnt it?
    12-26-12 12:47 AM
    I would love to know how people keep this dual persona phone? It's 10:45 here and I just fired off a few emails to different parts of the world, including some of my teammates who are also working whenever they can.. What happens - at 830pm my phone turns a different color and only allows me to see my personal email? I understand if I have BES and the powers that be will only let me have Flipboard if I put it in a sandbox, but why would I a user on BIS who works for a small company of people who are doing constantly, have the need for such a service?
    12-27-12 09:48 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Blackberry Balance also can only work if our company uses BES 10 server. Isn't Bla1ze?
    Whether it is for enterprise with BES 10 or not, it would be nice for a functionality that enables users to have 2 SIMs, one for personal use, one for company use. So the company would have one SIM that is for corporate use, and you would insert your own for personal use. Now THAT a lot of people would buy. No more excuse to not have your phone on you when your supervisor calls you.
    12-27-12 10:42 PM
    Personally I am excited to see this coming and it is very useful in separating work and personal daily tasks
    I would love to know how people keep this dual persona phone? It's 10:45 here and I just fired off a few emails to different parts of the world, including some of my teammates who are also working whenever they can.. What happens - at 830pm my phone turns a different color and only allows me to see my personal email? I understand if I have BES and the powers that be will only let me have Flipboard if I put it in a sandbox, but why would I a user on BIS who works for a small company of people who are doing constantly, have the need for such a service?
    12-31-12 03:29 PM
    I personally love the idea of the dual persona phone and wish I could have it but my work doesn't use BlackBerrys. I would like to have the option of it without bes to better manage things while at work.
    01-01-13 10:51 AM