Look at Microsoft. They're on V2 of their mobile OS (the latest one, anyway), and despite their large treasure chest of money and influence, the app offerings are pretty meagre. If anything, Blackberry is overtaking them already.
    BB may have more apps from a quantity standpoint (I'm not sure how many apps winmo offers), however from a quality standpoint bb appworld is inferior. I'm praying to the smartphone gods that major developers flock to OS 10 because i hate carrying multiple devices.
    04-27-13 05:08 PM
    Well it depends for some people it probably won't make a difference, but for others it does.

Assume you make 1 million dollars a year.
    That is 2740 a day and 115 per hour, roughly.
    If the phone saves you 5 minutes a day its a bout 17500 per annum.

A good analogy is sport, top cyclists have ridiculous equipment and training because the closer to the top you get the more competitive it is. Those extra grams of weight they shave off actually do make a difference.

I don't think anyone is trying to save the world, just trying to find the best solution for each of us individually. That is why I will be swapping to the Q10, as good as this keyboard is, I am not as efficient on it as the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I would believe it if you did nothing more then worked on your phone all day. But by swiping as opposed to dripping down a menu I'm going go believe that saving time and money? Ok

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:21 PM
    How can a third party notification LED app "make BlackBerry better" when Android has access to apps with the same functionality and certain Android-based devices come with that feature stock?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    Yeah, so do some BlackBerry devices come with that feature stock. The legacy ones on 7.1. So what's your damn pointless point?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:31 PM
    BB may have more apps from a quantity standpoint (I'm not sure how many apps winmo offers), however from a quality standpoint bb appworld is inferior. I'm praying to the smartphone gods that major developers flock to OS 10 because i hate carrying multiple devices.
    BB World has gaps, no doubt. I think it just takes time. I know that's not a popular answer, but I think the OS and the dev environment are strong enough that this will become less of an issue as time goes on. Blackberry isn't going bankrupt, imho, they're here for the duration just like Apple, Google and Microsoft. We are just approaching the 3 month mark since BB10 was released! I know that devs had access to the SDKs prior, but given the black cloud that Blackberry has been under for the past year and a half (or more), I'm not surprised that some devs decided to wait before developing apps for this platform. NOW that there has been positive news on sales I think you'll see a jump in apps being developed in the coming months.
    04-27-13 06:36 PM
    That's what I'm talking about
    If we are taking 3rd part apps ask BlackBerry to open the api's up so dev's can make an app that doesn't suck like all the ones so far do. We need more city guides and less actual functioning apps for our phones.

Posted via CB10
    You've got your logic backwards. Since devs can only develop apps with available APIs, if an app that can change LED color exists, the API is already open

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:19 PM
    You've got your logic backwards. Since devs can only develop apps with available APIs, if an app that can change LED color exists, the API is already open

Posted via CB10
    But that's almost it. Yay!!

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 10:47 PM
    I would believe it if you did nothing more then worked on your phone all day. But by swiping as opposed to dripping down a menu I'm going go believe that saving time and money? Ok

Posted via CB10
    I tried to edit the post wouldn't let me. I am referring to the bb10 OS as a whole vs android as I don't really believe you can view individual components, for example like the notifications. I guess the thread is more a direct comparison between the two notification systems.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 01:20 PM
    I tried to edit the post wouldn't let me. I am referring to the bb10 OS as a whole vs android as I don't really believe you can view individual components, for example like the notifications. I guess the thread is more a direct comparison between the two notification systems.

Posted via CB10
    Which is why this thread is pointless and has degenerated into what it is. Comparing notifications outside the entire workflow of the OS hypothetically doesn't make any sense. I read the first and last pages and still feel like I'm a sucker who wasted time.
    05-04-13 06:48 PM
    I find that everything is just plain awesome with BlackBerry 10, although it would be better to have it kinda like the Android way. Like showing if downloads are successful or unsuccessful stuff like that.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:16 PM
    The OP must be so proud to have birthed this healthy thread-baby
    05-06-13 09:42 PM
    Which is why this thread is pointless and has degenerated into what it is. Comparing notifications outside the entire workflow of the OS hypothetically doesn't make any sense. I read the first and last pages and still feel like I'm a sucker who wasted time.
    Couldn't agree with you more. It's like looking at performance of engines without comparing the car it is going in

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:01 PM
    Lol, it takes the same amount of effort to reach to the top of the screen in android as it does to do the peek gesture on bb10. So by the time an android user is starting to open their shade thing, we BlackBerry users have already opened the hub.

As for notifications in the top bar on Android, I notice on my friends androids that it clutters up their top bar a lot. I'd rather use the top bar as something that displays system related things and the time, instead of a cluttered place to dump icons as android seems to.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:06 AM
    A simple No is my answer

Sent from the Amazing Z10
    05-12-13 09:32 AM
    How isn't it not better than android. My task tome has reduced 50%, aka I can get in and out of my phone quickly. Of course you can customize what you want to see in the hub. Have you done any tutorials? Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:46 AM
    I must be doing it wrong. Every time I peek from an app I keep seeing the same old email I just read.

Posted via CB10
    Same on mine.

When done reading the email, hit the back button to take you back to the hub. Then exit the hub. One extra step unfortunately, but the peeking work nicer that way.

Posted via CB10
    To echo others in this thread, it needs to be user-choice. A setting or time-out wouldn't hurt, in addition include another gesture for exiting that lets the OS know whether "I'm done, close it and be at my default view when I open the hub again" or "be here when I open the hub". Granular control isn't always a bad thing.
    05-19-13 05:45 AM
    Lol, it takes the same amount of effort to reach to the top of the screen in android as it does to do the peek gesture on bb10. So by the time an android user is starting to open their shade thing, we BlackBerry users have already opened the hub.

As for notifications in the top bar on Android, I notice on my friends androids that it clutters up their top bar a lot. I'd rather use the top bar as something that displays system related things and the time, instead of a cluttered place to dump icons as android seems to.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what phones your friends have, but my top bar is nothing like you describe. On the right side, it shows time, battery level, signal strength, Wi-Fi and my alarm is set. On the left side, it shows the temperature and any notifications that I have. If your friend's is a cluttered mess, that means they don't check their messages.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-19-13 05:51 AM
291 ... 101112