Just been trying some apps and found out that arabic words in apps that are imported from android show arabic words as characters.
    Screen capture from Greader pro from appworld
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmuepekwqf...G_00000082.png
    Ithink the issue is with font*

Is there a way to fix this or we wait for BlackBerry to fix it?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    del piero and uxxn like this.
    02-11-13 05:23 AM
    I'm having the same problem with IM+ pro

any fix?
    02-11-13 08:48 AM
    Me too ,, all applications from Android in "blackberry Z10" have same problem ... they most fix it .. because the middle east Users will hate Z10 ..

NOTE : if they don't give us any solutions ,, there are many companies support Arabic laguage like Samsung Galaxy and Apple iphone ..

hope they deal with us carefully
    03-11-13 11:27 PM
    Yeah, this is an issue with the Android Runtime. Either Blackberry will fix this in an update or at least when they upgrade to Jellybean. Otherwise, Skype is going to have horrendous reviews on BB World. Hopefully, that will get them to make a native app.
    03-12-13 01:48 AM
    Yes that was happened to me when I side-loaded WhatsApp even though it works fine on BBM and all over the phone. Not only Skype, if this happens continuously even on the native WhatsApp that will be coming within a week and some other huge app, I don't think the Middle Easterns would be happy about this. BlackBerry must do a fix in the next update!
    03-12-13 05:40 PM
    Yes that was happened to me when I side-loaded WhatsApp even though it works fine on BBM and all over the phone. Not only Skype, if this happens continuously even on the native WhatsApp that will be coming within a week and some other huge app, I don't think the Middle Easterns would be happy about this. BlackBerry must do a fix in the next update!
    It won't. This issue has nothing to do with the OS or any native apps. It's 100% limited to ports, so unless they update Android Runtime with Skype, expect Arabic characters to look messed up. Whatsapp on the other hand will not have any issues with Arabic as it will not be a port.
    03-13-13 04:50 AM
    It won't. This issue has nothing to do with the OS or any native apps. It's 100% limited to ports, so unless they update Android Runtime with Skype, expect Arabic characters to look messed up. Whatsapp on the other hand will not have any issues with Arabic as it will not be a port.
    in this case.. i think.. they can fix the "Android Runtime" to be work with Arabic... ?? i don't think if they can deal with this problem.. but they most find some solution for it... the sideload works for english users... but we are users too... so don't think we are Bots ... we bought blackberry z10 because the company says z10 will make us avoid any other cell phones.. .. we don't see any thing about this words.. i'm speaking about the middle east users
    03-16-13 01:52 PM
    if you want more info about blackberry z10 in Arabic.. Here we are

1- not full support.. from "android sideload"

2- the keyboard on Arabic too much heavy and lag .. you can check from your phone and compare between the fast english keyboard and lag arabic keyboard

3- the z10 has bad reputation in middle east and all they back to old versions

hope you make your company knows about this problems..

we waste our money for something we want to relax when we use it.. not for company ignore us
    Last edited by 5aledeKo; 03-16-13 at 07:33 PM.
    03-16-13 02:10 PM
    you can check Buying and selling market in middle east... see how the z10 has bad reputation.. and lower sales

do you believe �� i want to sell my z10 in our markets and no one bought it... how you feel about this

hope the OS10 has some competitor with iphone OS and android OS in arabic support

iphone & android support us %100.. i'm so fool when i don't buy iphone 5 last weekend
    Last edited by 5aledeKo; 03-16-13 at 07:36 PM.
    03-16-13 02:23 PM
    same issues , hope they fix it soon as possible especially android slidload
    03-17-13 04:54 PM
    if you want more info about blackberry z10 in Arabic.. Here we are

1- not full support.. from "android sideload"

2- the keyboard on Arabic too much heavy and lag .. you can check from your phone and compare between the fast english keyboard and lag arabic keyboard

3- the z10 has bad reputation in middle east and all they back to old versions

hope you make your company knows about this problems..

we waste our money for something we want to relax when we use it.. not for company ignore us
    as u said the 2nd prob made me nervs the keyboard laggin and too slow in arabic after the last update .
    i hope they fix it
    03-17-13 05:26 PM
    Yes me too , even in BBM it's hard to writing
    03-17-13 06:32 PM
    Arabic keyboard after the last update it's boring ، delay ، hard ، bad !!!
    We want a solution
    03-17-13 07:41 PM
    in BBM it is hard to writing

please update keyboard language arabic
    03-17-13 07:42 PM
    we have problem in Arabic language when we write , we get lag and discrete in Arabic language

like word :

English >> E n g l i s h ! !
    ا ل ع ر ب ي ة >> العربية

we have in Arabic some characters should be connect not discrete :

Like : in English can't some one write capital & small & re capital this is problem also in Arabic

not true >> EngLiSh !
    True >> English . some time no problem if first small but other should also small like : show , words , wards ..etc

in Arabic like one character (ق) >> how to say it (GAF)

فقط >>> XقـX >>> it's mean just
    قف >> Xقـ >>> it's mean stop
    فائق
    >>ــق XXXX >> it's mean powerful

any way ..if discrete it will be auto problem like ^

like :

ف ق ط >> فقط
    ق ف >>> قف
    ف ا ئ ق >>> فائق

i don't know why we not have supporter in this language .. where the problem ? from us to can't know it or not famous ?

we need fix about this problems ,, some Arabs know English with no problem if he's speak it , but the problem with unknown speak English

i can help u guys if u wanna any thing ,,, and i know I'm not professional in language English but maybe better from other ,,

and really i say thanks you to help us & support us now
    03-17-13 07:55 PM
    Yes so bad Arabic support...
    All android programs un useful for us in Arabic language
    For me I came back to my bold 9900
    Cause my z10 not good in Arabic support
    And the keyboard is so bad with Arabic

I hope they will fix it soon because I if not... I will change my phone
    There are many choices
    xperia z
    HTC one
    iPhone 5
    Galaxy note 2
    And soon galaxy s4

All this devices are better on hardware and software

At least they support Arabic language so good

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 12:32 AM
    yeah , there a lot of problem in arabic language !

specifically android applications !

i hope fix all problems !!
    03-18-13 03:56 AM
    I vote for it
    03-18-13 09:03 AM
    Hello,
    we have problems we Arabs in the keyboard Btie system and heavy label and programs Alandroed section I hope problem solvers
    03-19-13 09:13 AM
    still no comment from any developer
    Last edited by 5aledeKo; 03-24-13 at 01:47 AM.
    03-22-13 08:18 PM
    i want up it again.. some words to move my emotion please.. LoL..
    03-24-13 01:46 AM
    It will be fixed when the runtime is updated to 4.1. Android 2.3 didn't have native Arabic support.

Native Arabic support came to android in version 4.0 I believe... I know it sucked when I couldn't really read what people sent when I was on my g2x

I haven't noticed any problems on the native BB 10 apps with arabic though... and I haven't sideloaded any android apps either...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Core_Frequency; 03-24-13 at 03:34 AM.
    03-24-13 02:19 AM