How to check the applications which are running in background?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 12:00 PM
    The answer's not as simple as you might think.
    You can access Device Monitor by swiping down from top of screen in Hub or home screens. The tabs for CPU and Memory (i.e. RAM) will give you a decent representation of what's running.

Additionally, open Settings app and look in Security and Privacy. Select Application Permissions, then from dropdown bar at top select Run in Background to see which third party BB10 apps have permission to do so.

Android apps, whether direct-loaded from apk file or ported to BB World, can also run in the background inside the Android Runtime. They'll appear in Device Monitor, but probably won't be in that Permissions list. The only way currently to alter an Android app's Permissions is to use an Android app like Ghost Commander, which can be complicated.

We're you just curious, or have a specific reason why you were asking?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-14 12:19 PM
    For Android apps, you can download TaskManager from BBWorld. It will show what's running and by PRESSING on an app, you can kill it. I am amazed at what seems to fire up even though I have not opened the app myself in possibly weeks and the device was restarted. They just seem to RUN completely UNinvited.
    Elite1 and anischab like this.
    06-09-14 03:42 PM
    The only way currently to alter an Android app's Permissions is to use an Android app like Ghost Commander, which can be complicated.
    How elaborate is the process for Ghost? I would like to alter the permissions for some of the Android apps I've got loaded, if possible.
    06-09-14 03:44 PM
    How elaborate is the process for Ghost? I would like to alter the permissions for some of the Android apps I've got loaded, if possible.
    I had to go look for the thread... I forgot I made it a Sticky in the BB10 Apps Forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-2-a-836285/

That's all I've used Ghost Commander for, as far as changing permissions of Android apps: just turning off their notifications.

By the way, I deleted the port from BB World and I've now been using the APK of Ghost Commander. It receives many updates, but the BB World port rarely does. Also, the Android version has a much cooler icon for some reason!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-09-14 04:44 PM
    I had to go look for the thread... I forgot I made it a Sticky in the BB10 Apps Forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...10-2-a-836285/

That's all I've used Ghost Commander for, as far as changing permissions of Android apps: just turning off their notifications.

By the way, I deleted the port from BB World and I've now been using the APK of Ghost Commander. It receives many updates, but the BB World port rarely does. Also, the Android version has a much cooler icon for some reason!
    Good info, particularly, using the REAL android version.

Oh, does it provide more/better info?
    Last edited by F2; 06-09-14 at 09:35 PM.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-09-14 05:00 PM