Besides Blackberry travel none of my Q10's apps seem to push anything but update notices to the HUB.

The crackberry forums app on my iphone for example sends notifications on new posts and such to the notifications center without having me open the app, minimised or even running in the background.

I would very much like CB10's unread news posts to be pushed to me without opening the app and refreshing it as I do now.

It obviously can be done because blackberry travel can do it so why hasn't any other developer so?

Bloomberg, CB10, Top Gear, Newspaper, cinema apps are some examples of apps which should be able to push notifications to hub. With the option to disable too of course.

Am I missing something here?

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-23-13 08:34 PM
    Go to settings of each app and make sure they are enabled... just in case.

Also check in settings< notifications

Apps there show how they are notifying you

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:00 PM
    You mean this:

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img_00000501.png

And this?

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img_00000500.png

I've looked into the setting of these apps but they don't have the option I'm taking about.

I meant something like this:

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img-20130924-wa000.jpg

Which could be implemented somewhat like this:

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img_00000502.png

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img_00000503.png

Or maybe even done in a more appealing way.

This is probably the only thing I would like to have access to on the Blackberry 10 OS from iOS7.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-23-13 09:27 PM
    Also maybe it could work on the home screen like so:

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img-20130924-wa002.jpg

And notified while in other apps like this:

Apps pushing notifications to hub?-img-20130924-wa003.jpg

BBM on 10.2 is able to do all these things for example.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-23-13 09:46 PM
    Ah i see what you mean. Some do some don't. I'm on leak. 1047 and many apps do not do that.

Skype Badoo do though

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:54 PM
    You mean this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000501.png 
Views:	527 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	204896

And this?

Name:	IMG_00000500.png 
Views:	525 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	204898

I've looked into the setting of these apps but they don't have the option I'm taking about.

I meant something like this:

Name:	IMG-20130924-WA000.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	204899

Which could be implemented somewhat like this:

Name:	IMG_00000502.png 
Views:	527 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	204900

Name:	IMG_00000503.png 
Views:	526 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	204901

Or maybe even done in a more appealing way.

This is probably the only thing I would like to have access to on the Blackberry 10 OS from iOS7.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    I think you need to enable the notification toggle for Forum so you can have a similar effect on your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:11 PM
    Nope. Some apps support it, some don't. That's the headless apps everyone is talking about.

I'm my experience, the apps that push to hub are Facebook, Twitter, linked in, bbm, sms and emails, and 3rd party Skype, Nobex, and foursquare.

They all either use the headless apps api. So like... nobex. The others worked closely with blackberry to get the support.

Those are the apps that push to hub from the ones I use, I'm sure there are others, but not many.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    09-24-13 02:21 PM
    But honestly, isn't it annoying to get every thing as a notification? Someone starts a thread, something that does not even concern me happen?? I think it is better to keep some informations that do not bother hidden... it is like spam! So I personally, won't have this feature you requested and would not accept it to be generalized or made to default feature... It is like the WiFi notification on some T-Mobile BB10: notification: "Wi-Fi available", notification after a few seconds: "Wi-Fi not available" then oh an other notification, my so awaited message? Oh no "someone starts thread" then oh notification: "Wi-Fi available"...
    I would not have it for me!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    09-24-13 03:32 PM
    But honestly, isn't it annoying to get every thing as a notification? Someone starts a thread, something that does not even concern me happen?? I think it is better to keep some informations that do not bother hidden... it is like spam! So I personally, won't have this feature you requested and would not accept it to be generalized or made to default feature... It is like the WiFi notification on some T-Mobile BB10: notification: "Wi-Fi available", notification after a few seconds: "Wi-Fi not available" then oh an other notification, my so awaited message? Oh no "someone starts thread" then oh notification: "Wi-Fi available"...
    I would not have it for me!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    Yes it can be annoying for sure. But there are "some" apps in which you do want to receive news and updates asap. Like stock/share market and CB10!

The option to turn the notifications off iss a must have as well of course.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-25-13 05:04 AM
    For example I have the bloomberg app on both my Q10 and iPhone. The iphone version sends me push notifications.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-25-13 05:08 AM
    Nope. Some apps support it, some don't. That's the headless apps everyone is talking about.

I'm my experience, the apps that push to hub are Facebook, Twitter, linked in, bbm, sms and emails, and 3rd party Skype, Nobex, and foursquare.

They all either use the headless apps api. So like... nobex. The others worked closely with blackberry to get the support.

Those are the apps that push to hub from the ones I use, I'm sure there are others, but not many.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    I understand what headless apps now mean. Thanks. I remember reading that headless apps are hard to implement on BlackBerry 10. That sucks and will turn off developers.

Q10-Z10-iP5
    09-25-13 05:10 AM
    What's being said here isn't entirely true. Apps can use BlackBerry Push Service to push notifications without the app being running on the device. For example, the USA Today app pushes breaking news notifications to the hub whether or not the app is running.

How it's implemented for developers and how that compares to other platforms, I don't know. But it is possible.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    09-25-13 02:12 PM