I have BlackBerry Passport with the official OS on it. Currently when I click on a Facebook link or a link to a Tweet it opens the browser and takes me the login page of that particular site. Is it possible when clicking on a link of that sort that it would instead open the app? Much like when you click on a link to BlackBerry World it takes directly to the app and not the website any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Posting WIDE with CB10 on the Blackberry Passport
    01-24-15 10:07 PM
    Use the apps below.

Check out Card Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20385743

or

Check out Hub Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59937727

Edit : reading again your post, these are not what you need. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:14 PM
    Use the apps below.

Check out Card Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20385743

or

Check out Hub Browser in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59937727

Edit : reading again your post, these are not what you need. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    I dont think this is what the OP is looking for.

He is looking for a way to go from one app experience to another without the browser. I can't blame him.

On my Note 3 when you would click on a link and have an app installed that would open it, you would have the option of selecting that app or just opening in the browser.

I too miss this option.

A perfect example would be the links that you provided to those two apps. I clicked them, and it opened up directly into BlackBerry World. However, the majority of links when clicked just open into the browser. It's annoying when there is a perfectly good app on my Passport that should open it instead.

I don't think there is an app for this option, sounds like it is something that has to be built into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 07:58 AM
    I dont think this is what the OP is looking for.

He is looking for a way to go from one app experience to another without the browser. I can't blame him.

On my Note 3 when you would click on a link and have an app installed that would open it, you would have the option of selecting that app or just opening in the browser.

I too miss this option.

A perfect example would be the links that you provided to those two apps. I clicked them, and it opened up directly into BlackBerry World. However, the majority of links when clicked just open into the browser. It's annoying when there is a perfectly good app on my Passport that should open it instead.

I don't think there is an app for this option, sounds like it is something that has to be built into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    Read my edit

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 08:18 AM
    The apps themselves have to register in the OS that they support certain links and you as the user need to accept to open them in this app.
    Most apps I use already do this, FastTube for YouTube links, or Reddit in Motion for links to Reddit for example.
    01-25-15 08:22 AM