I have noticed some odd behavior lately on my Verizon Q10 running 10.3.3.1463. If you restart your BlackBerry 10 phone with apps open, they are still there but the tiles are transparent, and they basically restart when you open them. This is normal and has always been like that. But, now my open apps are doing this on their own without a phone restart. It's like an electronic hiccup occurs every once in a while, and the apps all shut down.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone knew why it would happen. And no, I haven't wiped and reloaded the phone. I don't feel like setting everything back up and will ride it out unless it starts happening more frequently. Or until I pull the trigger on a KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 06:57 AM
    Have you tried rebooting to see if that helps?

Also, are both native and Android apps showing that behaviour? I had a similar problem with a couple of Android apps I'd installed.
    07-21-17 09:39 AM
    I've seen this happen on my Z10 from time to time since loading up 10.3.3.2205. Sometimes I'll be browsing a website and suddenly the browser app just minimizes itself to a transparent active screen right out from under me. Click on the box, and the browser just restarts itself. RSS Savvy (a native RSS feeds app) does it to me too.

It's not a lot, just every once in a while. I check my memory when it happens, but it never appears abnormally low. But then, if it was, it was probably while the apps were running and just cleared out when they quit.

I have android apps, but it seems to only do it with the native apps.

Joel
    07-21-17 10:15 AM
    This tends to happen when you're low on memory, the problem is more apparent if you have Android apps installed that also have background services. Try closing all of your Android apps through device monitor and see if that helps?
    07-21-17 10:22 AM
    This tends to happen when you're low on memory, the problem is more apparent if you have Android apps installed that also have background services. Try closing all of your Android apps through device monitor and see if that helps?
    I have as few running as possible, but as you know, they all restart themselves within seconds of closing.

And then, you have members on this forum who insist that the runtime actually does not let any android app run and use memory when closed. Even though the device monitor CPU and memory usage history of such apps say otherwise.

Joel
    07-21-17 10:51 AM
    I have as few running as possible, but as you know, they all restart themselves within seconds of closing.

And then, you have members on this forum who insist that the runtime actually does not let any android app run and use memory when closed. Even though the device monitor CPU and memory usage history of such apps say otherwise.

Joel
    The best way to avoid this is to minimize the app into an active frame and then close it via device monitor. That way it only opens once you reopen the app.
    07-21-17 11:30 AM
    Have you tried rebooting to see if that helps?

Also, are both native and Android apps showing that behaviour? I had a similar problem with a couple of Android apps I'd installed.
    Yeah, multiple reboots have occurred since this problem arose. I removed all Android apps a long time ago. I won't even keep ported ones because of the battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 11:47 AM
    I've seen this happen on my Z10 from time to time since loading up 10.3.3.2205. Sometimes I'll be browsing a website and suddenly the browser app just minimizes itself to a transparent active screen right out from under me. Click on the box, and the browser just restarts itself. RSS Savvy (a native RSS feeds app) does it to me too.

It's not a lot, just every once in a while. I check my memory when it happens, but it never appears abnormally low. But then, if it was, it was probably while the apps were running and just cleared out when they quit.

I have android apps, but it seems to only do it with the native apps.

Joel
    Exactly! Happened to me while browsing just this morning.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-17 11:47 AM
    Ok, must be tired, missed the important part in the OP.

Never seen that myself.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    07-21-17 04:42 PM
    This feature has been around for a while. When an application is running at shutdown that fact is noted and the effect you report is used to remind you what you were doing on restart.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    Okay, I see you edited yourself as I was responding.

Joel
    07-21-17 04:49 PM
    Okay, I see you edited yourself as I was responding.

Joel
    Yeah, apologies for the redundancy of my post, been a long week.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    07-22-17 09:25 AM