Still, explain to me how you expect the stock to go up when you are spamming the negativity. So you are saying the link to that article is gonna drive the stock where you want it to go, which must be down? You are part of the problem and not the solution. You really wanna whine about a local mass transit app for a platform that was release a week ago? Please take your BS to Android Central.
    02-08-13 02:07 PM
    It is exactly people like you that said "oh ya, Android will NEVER take off. Compared to iOS, it doesn't have apps, it doesn't have this blah blah blah."[/QUOTE]

If you can't compete on apps then compete on productivity. Take on the big boys from another angle. When I leave work, give me a reason to want to pick up my phone and edit a word doc and flip it back to colleagues.

When I’m done w/ that, having a few additional items like FB, Twitter whatever is nice but I’ve got an extension of productivity in my pocket would have made the other items less important at the outset of a new platform.

So instead of the media crowing about 70,000 apps – BB should market the hub, flow, content creating... loop in the playbook and you’ve got buzz all to yourself.... developers would easily follow.

Just my 2 cents.
    02-08-13 02:10 PM
    It seems to me that we need very few apps. The system is capable of doing most things without an app to help it. Apps are a way to enable a weak system.
    02-08-13 02:11 PM
    How ironic that it actually *does* have both of those things
    Where is it and why aren't they flogging it hard?
    02-08-13 02:13 PM
    Where is it and why aren't they flogging it hard?
    Everyone knows BB as a business phone already. They're aiming for the average consumer now (their weakness before)
    02-08-13 02:16 PM
    Here's the app. I took screenshots to show some of the cool transitions available in powerpoint too:

[IMAGES REMOVED]
    Last edited by InvalidUser0510; 02-08-13 at 03:30 PM.
    02-08-13 02:19 PM
    Everyone knows BB as a business phone already. They're aiming for the average consumer now (their weakness before)
    Because you offer something that neither iOS/Droid have and oh by the way, we have 70,000 apps and growing as gravy.

The adds i've seen all focus on "getting stuff done" it would have dovetailed nicely.
    02-08-13 02:19 PM
    Still, explain to me how you expect the stock to go up when you are spamming the negativity. So you are saying the link to that article is gonna drive the stock where you want it to go, which must be down? You are part of the problem and not the solution. You really wanna whine about a local mass transit app for a platform that was release a week ago? Please take your BS to Android Central.
    The article was going to be there nevertheless. Guess you don't appreciate reference was making an argument. Apple gets plenty of negative press, people don't try and bury it.

And you missed the point about apps. It's not one mass transit app, its dozens... the point remains. Again, Whole Foods or local grocery store.
    02-08-13 02:28 PM
    There are several long time Apologists here who have insisted that the PlayBook was the basis for BB10.
    Why do you call these people apologists? The PB was the first iteration of BB10. PB V1.0 was not very good. No email, and a host of other missing features hurt it, along with a lack of apps. PB 2.0 was an improvement. Core features were added to make it a more complete product. Key apps are still missing. Now we have BB10, which is the third iteration and is an improvement over PB 2.0. Better core functionality, and more apps. BB is now using the Android player to their advantage. I know you will argue that Sky, Netflix, Instagram, etc, are still not on the platform. But two of three have been confirmed as has Whatsapp. This is much different than seeing a skype icon on an internal RIM PB screenshot.

If you genuinely cannot see the evolution and progression of the OS, then you are not seeing things clearly. In hindsight, RIM never should have opened their mouths about BB10 and never should have launched the PB, except internally where they could have used it for testing. Had they not done either of these things, then they would have been able to manage peoples expectations far better. And really managing users expectations is where they have really failed over the last two years.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-13 03:12 PM
    How long will it take Vine or Flipboard to make it to BB10, natively?
    If BB 10 is a hit and sells 20 million devices per year, I expect top native apps in 2 or 3 years.
    Let's be honest guys, with such a small user base all we can expect is android ports, don't delude yourself thinking that this situation is going to improve any time soon.
    02-08-13 03:45 PM
    Of course RIM/BlackBerry did a terrible job managing expectations.
    Then you have Enthusiastic Fans who state how disruptive QNX is going to be, and that BlackBerry 10 is the best whatever whatever. And that was six months before the first device came out.

The PlayBook was a trainwreck. BlackBerry 10 isn't in a finished state (which is apparently OK with the very same Enthusiastic Fans) and yet it is now part of an evolution.

I thought it was supposed to be Revolutionary. You know, change the way everyone worked.

Memo to Enthusiastic Fans. It is a pretty good phone. If the bugs aren't fixed and the apps ready, it will be Playbook repeated.

And I have a Playbook 64gb model that I got on day one. Worst purchase I ever made.

You guys have to get your story straight. People are posting that the PlayBook is not part of the BB10 ecosystem, and that BB10 is now version 1. Yet others post that the Playbook is version 1 and now we have the BB10 because of it.

Which is it?
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-08-13 04:11 PM
    This problem may solve itself faster than you think.

Let's figure there's 2.5 million Playbooks out there (and that's being a bit liberal). If early sales are good, we might see that many Z10s out there before it even launches in the US, so the market for QNX-based apps will have suddenly doubled. That may be an optimistic assessment, but I'm not sure it's that far out.

Regardless, by summer I'm pretty sure we'll be looking at a QNX device population of upwards of 10 mil worldwide. Suddenly, the ecosystem is WAAAAY more attractive.
    I'd really like to believe that 10 million users would be enough to sway some of the missing developers, but I'm still skeptical at this point. Even with 80 million users, the legacy BBs were missing many of the top tier apps.
    02-08-13 04:22 PM
    The playbook didn't suck due to lack of apps alone. The playbook sucked because it had serious issues even with its browser and memory leaks. BB10 has fixed those things. My phone hasn't been restarted since I first turned it on at 5pm on Feb 5th, and it runs exactly how it did when I first turned it on. Besides that, Z10/Q10 are phones, which means they automatically meet a lot of people's expectations.

What can you do with a tablet besides apps, especially when the browser checkerboards everything, had no PIM apps at launch(and were slower than a turtle when released)?

Now try that with a phone that handles every communications need perfectly (whatsapp and skype are coming), has one of the best mobile browsers in existence, has a very decent selection of games, a gorgeous screen, a very good camera, and changes the way you interact with a phone. They're not anywhere near apples to apples as ignorant people such as yourself would like to think.

Playbook = / = BB10
    02-08-13 04:23 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't get some bug fixes, patches and applications (and a way to help out those Outlook sync users) then it will end up exactly like the PlayBook.
    02-08-13 04:31 PM
    Some people like a lot of apps. Some don't. Some people want Blackberry to be every other platform, some don't. Some people like to complain just for the sake of it. Some don't.

I'm excited for BB10. I've been keeping track of it for the past 2 yrs. Nothing thats happening now is a surprise about whats going on with it since it's release both good and bad. I'm still going to get one next week because I know what I'm getting myself into. I don't use a lot of apps personally. I do know they need a LOT of apps to compete because thats what the majority of people want. I'm going to be quite content with it because I've done my research and have been keeping track since it's release a WEEK ago. It's not going to stay the way it is now. More apps will come and things will change. I'm excited for that. I'm not writing it off or thinking it's going to knock Apple of it's throne. It is what it is.

The only thing I'm worried about is if I'll be able to get used to a touch screen keyboard but thats a personal thing.

I guess theres no real point to my rambling reply here.
    No platform is going to please everyone. Especially blackberry. They're damned no matter what they do.
    netwerx1 likes this.
    02-08-13 04:51 PM
    If BB 10 is a hit and sells 20 million devices per year, I expect top native apps in 2 or 3 years.
    Let's be honest guys, with such a small user base all we can expect is android ports, don't delude yourself thinking that this situation is going to improve any time soon.
    I hope we get good native apps like Flipboard, Shazam, Bloomberg, Google Earth etc in a lot less than 2 or 3 years but you could well be right. The UK market was a good place for BB to start with the Z10 as there is a reasonably large user base here and we can test the OS and phone for bugs before it's let loose in the massive US market. The trouble is we're in 2013, not 2007 and consumers expect their favourite apps to be available immediately. BlackBerry have to persuade several million people to dump iOS and Android in favour of BB10 and if people see their favourite apps aren't available then they'll stick with what they've already got. I can see a catch 22 situation developing where users won't change to BB10 dues to the lack of apps and the app developers don't bother due to the low user base. It appears that, so far, the phone has proved popular in the UK. I hope US consumers buy truckloads of Z10's and help make it the success it deserves to be.

I'm very impressed with the Z10. BB10 is great to use and has little wrong that an update or two can't solve and the Z10 is great as a phone as it hangs on to a mobile signal long after an iPhone or S3 have given up (I need a phone that is capable of making calls!), but the available apps are a let down. I use the Z10 for phone calls, SMS and BBM and the occasional bit of browsing. At the moment, for everything else I get out the iPad.
    02-08-13 05:23 PM
    The same names, same trash talking, just a different thread. Pretty much a waste of time but you keep at it. Takes me back to the days of SACD versus DVD audio. Some feel the need to try and prove others wrong. I don't have a need to visit applesites or android sites so I have a hard time beleiving that, the same names keep popping up are here to actually be helpful. All Isee them do is be negative. At some point all that negativity may turn around and bite you all. I would think that at some point one would rather hang out in the light rather than spreading darkness. Life is too short, why not go and have fun. We are mainly a happy bunch here and don't need you to define what our reality should be. I dare you to have one post, just one that is POSITIVE about why we are here.....Crackberry!!!
    02-08-13 05:36 PM
    [QUOTE=greyw0lf01;7954329]I like to stream my music, should I be limited to just one option or should I be able to cherry pick from. I like Pandora but I might also want to use Rdio for certain features. When people say things like the apps will come, it doesn�t mean anything; Windows Phone 8 just got Spotify!!!... how much longer has it been around for iOS and Android?

After Living With BlackBerry 10, I Went Back To Android � ReadWrite[/QUOTE

I agree with what you are saying...regardless of what anyone thinks...people will want the app for their local bank or alarm system , etc...
    Also just to clarify...Windows phone had spotify I think at the release of Windows phone 7(over 2 years ago) but when they went to Windows 8 they had to completely re-write spotify
    02-08-13 05:45 PM
    I don't think he's here to "bash", I think the OP raises some legitimate issues here.

I see three tiers of apps. On the top tier are the big name, big audience apps. Skype, Songza, Instagram, etc. In a way, these are kind of easy to get, since there aren't THAT many of them. It's easy to concentrate an effort. I'd say we haven't seen all of BB's cards on these, btw; I suspect that there are a number of moving parts on this particular issue, and that there may be some interesting surprises in store before the US launch.

The "third tier" are the real low-end stuff. Small utilities, hobby/student efforts, that kind of thing, and BB has been doing a fantastic job of bringing new devs into the fold there.

The "middle tier" is where BB10 is likely to be weak for a while, and that's where I'd classify the kinds of apps you're talking about. They may have a huge audience, but they're kind of local in scope. There may not be a lot of BB10 users needing these apps, and that may be where either third parties take the APKs and convert them (not ideal by any stretch, but it gets the job done), the publisher decides to do an Android port, or (best of all) they decide to support BB10.

That's going to be an uphill climb unless we miraculously see BB10 gain a quick 20% market share in the US.
    As a current Windows Phone 8 user (former ios, android) I will say you are spot on...I've been saying this forever...WP8's biggest problem has never been getting the main big apps (although there are a couple of holdouts like Instagram) and WP8 has a ton of smaller developers making great and awesome apps...however, the app for your alarm system, your local bank, your local radio station, etc...many are missing on WP8.
    BB10 will get many of these types of apps for Canada as I can already see the media and mobile providers pushing BB like their life depended on it...however, the US, UK, Europe, etc...will probably never buy into it like they do with iOS and android.

WP8 and BB10 have the exact same problem regarding apps but MS has billions to play the long game but unfortunately BB doesn't... :-(
    02-08-13 06:14 PM
    I'd really like to believe that 10 million users would be enough to sway some of the missing developers, but I'm still skeptical at this point. Even with 80 million users, the legacy BBs were missing many of the top tier apps.
    Legacy BB devices had a whole host of other issues which hindered and repelled developers. It is true that the devs did not make apps, but not because of some blind hate for BB. Alec Sunders and team have worked hard to fix the developer relations aspect, and the engineers have worked to standardize other aspects of the phones that made legacy development so frustrating.
    02-08-13 06:15 PM
    Of course RIM/BlackBerry did a terrible job managing expectations.
    Then you have Enthusiastic Fans who state how disruptive QNX is going to be, and that BlackBerry 10 is the best whatever whatever. And that was six months before the first device came out.

The PlayBook was a trainwreck. BlackBerry 10 isn't in a finished state (which is apparently OK with the very same Enthusiastic Fans) and yet it is now part of an evolution.

I thought it was supposed to be Revolutionary. You know, change the way everyone worked.

Memo to Enthusiastic Fans. It is a pretty good phone. If the bugs aren't fixed and the apps ready, it will be Playbook repeated.

And I have a Playbook 64gb model that I got on day one. Worst purchase I ever made.

You guys have to get your story straight. People are posting that the PlayBook is not part of the BB10 ecosystem, and that BB10 is now version 1. Yet others post that the Playbook is version 1 and now we have the BB10 because of it.

Which is it?
    Maybe I am not reading the same threads as you, but I don't see a lot of people apologizing and cheer-leading. People on these very forums were upset at the lack of PB functionality and apps. A day didn't go by where I didn't read a netflix or skype thread. And now with BB10, I am reading similar threads about missing apps like instagram and outlook sync issues.

Despite the above, there are some people that actually like their phones. The positives obviously outweigh the negatives for these folks. Why does that make them apologists?

You may not think the phone is revolutionary, but some people do. Again, this does not make them apologists.

I'll ask you this question again, if you are so unhappy with your device, why not get something that does meet your needs? If I owned an iPhone and hated it, I wouldn't keep it and then go on Apple forums griping every day.
    geoffsdad likes this.
    02-08-13 06:24 PM
    Some people like a lot of apps. Some don't. Some people want Blackberry to be every other platform, some don't. Some people like to complain just for the sake of it. Some don't.

I'm excited for BB10. I've been keeping track of it for the past 2 yrs. Nothing thats happening now is a surprise about whats going on with it since it's release both good and bad. I'm still going to get one next week because I know what I'm getting myself into. I don't use a lot of apps personally. I do know they need a LOT of apps to compete because thats what the majority of people want. I'm going to be quite content with it because I've done my research and have been keeping track since it's release a WEEK ago. It's not going to stay the way it is now. More apps will come and things will change. I'm excited for that. I'm not writing it off or thinking it's going to knock Apple of it's throne. It is what it is.

The only thing I'm worried about is if I'll be able to get used to a touch screen keyboard but thats a personal thing.

I guess theres no real point to my rambling reply here.
    No platform is going to please everyone. Especially blackberry. They're damned no matter what they do.
    My sentiments pretty much exactly, same boat
    02-08-13 07:38 PM
    You know what would be awesome? If the company could create a customer R&D section in which we could spur the change needed. It would be something like a semi-open source system with higher standards on security and quality .
    02-08-13 08:26 PM
    I think we have enough BlackBerry enthusiasts and engineers with to make it possible, plus we're all over the world too.
    02-08-13 08:28 PM
    Did Iphone and Android have these 3 tier of apps when they first come out with their OS?..hmm.
    02-08-13 09:03 PM
50 12