This problem popped out since 10.2 and even with recent update still hasn't fixed issue. A miserable solution is to delete apps until permissions comes back which I did, I was left with less than 20 apps which is unacceptable. For people who are unfamiliar with this bug, when you open application permissions in settings, the page is empty stating there are no application permissions to manage.

Even though I had reported this issue to Blackberry they still didn't fix it in new update. Lots of people are getting this issue, how can something grave as this be overlooked bewilders me. And no this is not because of Android apps since I had none when I updated to 10.2

Solution as always is to reload software without restoring backup which I am doing now. After wasting 1 hour to update to latest OS, now I have to spend 4+ hours reinstalling this and all my apps and settings. For a smartphone crowned for productivity, wasting my time on this **** really pisses me off. If reload software doesn't work I am going to throw my Blackberry into trash and go back to Android with Nexus 5. I no longer have the temper or patience to have the old legacy OS update issues creeping back into memory. JUST WORK GOD DAMN IT!!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-28-14 12:18 PM
    Really sorry to hear that problem

I recall reading a while back in a thread that someone fixed it without reloading the OS. I however don't remember which thread and how it was done

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 12:34 PM
    Hilariously diabolical.

So after downloading OS on blackberry link to reload software, it craps out on 98% and give connection error even though my internet is working fine. Tried several times same error!!

Hahahaha! So I can't even reload software. Now I am forced to use the longest process with a security wipe!

Gotta love when Blackberry builds a 200mb software that can't even perform the most basic of functions!
    01-28-14 01:35 PM
    Mail me your BB and Ill use it
    01-28-14 01:37 PM
    When i first tried to update connected to Link i was expecting it to take 30 mins to download but it jumped straight to 77% then finished .When it tried to install it took about 3 mins to install 1% then when it hit 2% i got a error tried 4 times same thing so used OTA then it downloaded 360mb and installed the update took over one hour all told.I got some apps which i cant alter the permissions depending which ones they are i either keep them or delete them.
    01-28-14 02:12 PM
    After wasting entire day, everything is working perfectly after wipe, update and reinstalled all my crap manually.

10.2.1 is awesome but still an infant OS needs to catch up to Android.

I just hope I don't face this same problem on the next OS update.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-29-14 12:28 PM
    I also am frustrated by the "no apps to manage" error. I have over 120 apps. Was expecting that 10.2.1 would fix this but no. I've been a BlackBerry user from their start (pagers) and will continue to be. Live the Z10, but I am astounded that they are not addressing this issue since their biggest claim is in the security arena...

I saw mention of someone fixing this without a reload (I really don't want to wipe everything!)...anyone know what was done?
    02-05-14 12:26 PM
    120apps? Good grief!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    02-05-14 12:46 PM
    120apps? Good grief!
    Can't you see the guy's epic beard? He is a wizard. Of course he has 120 apps.

I am curious what kind of permissions you guys are trying to manage? Doesn't the permissions screen show up when you first install the apps, if so can't you remove and reinstall the app and select permissions at that screen?

Also, go easy on OP, as much as he sounds like an angry troll, I think he means well, and only those who care about Blackberry will be ranting on these specific issues. I am not sure if he is actually forced to use blackberry or just want to make it work, but if he actually has other options and decided to stay with blackberry, well he deserves a functional device and an OS that can handle simple operations.

When I open Applications Permissions, and select, say.. Slacker.. I can see the permissions and I can switch them on/off individually. I am on latest official Z30 from VZ. 10.2.0.262
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-14 01:22 PM
    After wasting entire day, everything is working perfectly after wipe, update and reinstalled all my crap manually.

10.2.1 is awesome but still an infant OS needs to catch up to Android.

I just hope I don't face this same problem on the next OS update.
    I hope you do, that way I can read another thread about it.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-05-14 01:24 PM
    Haha not a wizard, but yeah I use a lot of apps. If I don't use one for about a month then I delete it. I was an IT pro for over 30 years.... hence the white beard.

I tweeted Michael Clewley today about this and he said he has his team looking into it already.
    02-05-14 05:07 PM
    I tweeted Michael Clewley twice about the disappearing permissions seeming to kick in somewhere between 150-200 apps listed in storage but he never responded or acknowledged. I guess he gets too many tweets and can only respond to select tweets.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:58 PM
    I've never heard of this. You install more than 120 apps, and then you can't manage the permissions? Also, what is the reason that you have to go into the app permission window? I'm not questioning that it's important, I just haven't opened that screen once since I bought my Z10 in Feb last year, so i'm curious.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:31 PM
    I've never heard of this. You install more than 120 apps, and then you can't manage the permissions? Also, what is the reason that you have to go into the app permission window? I'm not questioning that it's important, I just haven't opened that screen once since I bought my Z10 in Feb last year, so i'm curious.

Posted via CB10
    I actually don't have any reason to. But it's there, so it should work And it's a security feature which is BlackBerry's forte.

But sometimes one might deny a certain permission when they load an app, like access to photos/files, then they decide they want to use a feature of the app that needs that permission... so this is where they go to turn it on. otherwise sleep to uninstall and reinstall...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-14 07:50 PM
    I tweeted Michael Clewley twice about the disappearing permissions seeming to kick in somewhere between 150-200 apps listed in storage but he never responded or acknowledged. I guess he gets too many tweets and can only respond to select tweets.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha, he only answers wizards. Grow a beard! )
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-05-14 07:51 PM
    By the way, it isn't simply number of apps. Some days it shows no apps to manage, some days one or two. Thus morning it showed six. Then I deleted a couple of apps and it showed two! I deleted one more app and it was back to "no apps". Hard reset made no difference.
    02-05-14 07:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    In my case, after upgrading to the official 10.2.1, one of my headless apps doesn't run headless anymore, and I think it might be a permission issue. The problem is that I can't check my permissions to see if that is the case or not...

Posted via my Z10
    02-07-14 06:51 AM
    I didn't understand the problem could someone point me to a thread where screen shots are available or if it ever occurs with you again could you post screen shots
    02-07-14 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    True. You will find somewhere in the threads about this bug of application permissions disappearing when you have "too many" useless android apps installed.

Posted on CB10 using Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    02-07-14 08:23 AM
    I just want to add one more thing.
    Blackberry used to be the pioneer in security and being able to control what your apps access. This is still the case with %100 native apps, they allow you to set permissions and then even if you deny them some permissions they would play nice and run. Now with this android sideload nonsense (yes, it is great but Blackberry is relying on Google?) when we sideload apps we have no control over what they access and what they can't. It's all or nothing. Even google had App Ops, even though they removed it on recent release it is stilll available through Xposed or other 3rd party tools on rooted devices.
    Since Blackberry is essentially a completely rooted android runtime, we should have more control over permissions.
    This is not exactly related to OP's concern (which was fixed on most recent release) but it is related since BB is not giving us any options on permissions and letting it all loose whenever you install and run any android app on your blackberry.
    02-07-14 09:57 AM
    I
    Since Blackberry is essentially a completely rooted android runtime, we should have more control over permissions..
    Correction. It's not a rooted android runtime unfortunately.

02-07-14 10:19 AM
    Correction. It's not a rooted android runtime unfortunately.

It's not? I guess there is more reading to do for android on BB. I was hoping someone could write a simple android app trying to demonstrate all that it can access. I am curious how limited android apps are with latest runtime, or are they "all you can eat" ?
    02-07-14 10:46 AM
    On installing android apps through Snap I still get prompted to approve or deny various permissions, so I think this is no longer a big concern unless you sideload, which bypasses this process. That's why the "official" BlackBerry method of installing apk files is so much better.
    02-07-14 11:13 AM
    I didn't understand the problem could someone point me to a thread where screen shots are available or if it ever occurs with you again could you post screen shots

Applications Permissions problem (This is why i still hate Blackberry)-img_20140207_111447.png
    02-07-14 11:16 AM
    On installing android apps through Snap I still get prompted to approve or deny various permissions, so I think this is no longer a big concern unless you sideload, which bypasses this process. That's why the "official" BlackBerry method of installing apk files is so much better.
    Not really, I also installed bunch of apps through Snap and I get prompted to approve or deny ALL or NOTHING permissions. So i cannot allow the app to access my files while denying access to record my phone calls or access my gps.. If you deny, the app does not run.
    02-07-14 11:43 AM
28 12