I have a android app installed, which apk I got from developer official website. Its basically a chinese version of uber(much more popular here in beijing). As any free and chinese app it is packed with ads, most notably, a full screen ad when opening the app.

I gave the app no permissions to access shared files and device identifying info, this are also the only two permissions it requires. Yet somehow this app keeps on saving ads pictures onto my phone and I keep seing them every time I open pictures!

So can anybody explain why is this happening? I thought the shared files permission if denied totally block any app from changing/saving/accesing/etc anything on flash.!?

Thanks for replies

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 06:01 PM
    Android App permissions can't be changed or edited by default.

Try an app called app ops. Should be able to disable those then.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-10-16 04:07 AM
    There is also an app to remove permission from android apk called apk permission.
    We should thanks every day to Google for this sh1t of permission management

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    01-10-16 07:44 AM
    Yes, Google's entire business model is built around spying on its users, so don't be surprised that your flashlight app needs access to your texts and pictures by default.
    01-10-16 10:20 AM
    Yes, Google's entire business model is built around spying on its users, so don't be surprised that your flashlight app needs access to your texts and pictures by default.
    Yep. Nailed it.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-10-16 01:21 PM
    Thing is I know all of that and thats why I dont cry about google play store not being available on bbos10. Never use it, never will.
    But the android app I have installed does let me modify permissions in settings. Can turn on or off.

So my question is ae there hidden permissions that are beingimplemented and if so why does blackberry permissions manager fail to specify them? Or is it being overwritten?

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-10-16 09:37 PM
    Well, good thing then that Android 6 has editable app permissions now. Also, newer versions of Android have flashlight built into the OS. In any case, a little bit of common sense wouldn't hurt. I am willing to bet, that even with editable permissions people will still just click yes to any permission even if they don't make any sense.
    01-11-16 07:55 AM
    I have a android app installed, which apk...
    TLR version:

Don't do this, if you want a secure and private device/life.

No android crap = secure BlackBerry
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-12-16 02:58 AM
    I am using app called App Ops. It is simple and easy to use.
    Attachment 390112
    Attached Thumbnails Application permissions-img_20160112_170355.png  
    Last edited by Mohammed Kamran; 02-03-16 at 11:13 AM.
    01-12-16 06:07 AM