Why is it that there is no app available to monitor resources by application? QNX has all kinds of tools under Neutrino to monitor specific process loads. All this battery draining problem could be easily trouble shot with that information.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:09 PM
    Your comments about Neutrino are interesting, I don't have experience with that original platform.

Even more interesting because the reasons I've read re: Blackberry 10 mostly seem to revolve around lack of APIs or some implication that OS security was responsible for limiting some of the aspects that can be monitored.
    05-04-13 01:20 PM
    Your comments about Neutrino are interesting, I don't have experience with that original platform.

Even more interesting because the reasons I've read re: Blackberry 10 mostly seem to revolve around lack of APIs or some implication that OS security was responsible for limiting some of the aspects that can be monitored.
    I suspect you are right about it being a security thing, but even if it is in development mode?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 04:42 PM
    I suspect you are right about it being a security thing, but even if it is in development mode?

Well I don't know the actual reason, many people like you and myself would really like to have some sort of instrumentation about what is going on. Especially since there is a nasty random reboot problem with at least OS 10.0.x.x that we might be able to get a better handle on if we could see more data about what is happening.
    05-04-13 04:48 PM
    Perhaps they don't want us to know?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:33 PM
    Perhaps they don't want us to know?

Let's hear it for conspiracy theories.
    05-04-13 05:53 PM
    Well I don't know the actual reason, many people like you and myself would really like to have some sort of instrumentation about what is going on. Especially since there is a nasty random reboot problem with at least OS 10.0.x.x that we might be able to get a better handle on if we could see more data about what is happening.
    Using that same logic, I have to believe that BBRY is looking at that same information to resolve the reboot issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:06 PM
    Using that same logic, I have to believe that BBRY is looking at that same information to resolve the reboot issues.

I and various other people have given them device logfiles to help them track down the issue, but I'm not sure the logfiles have enough detail in them to really get to the bottom of the problem.

It may just be that their developmental resources are stretched thin, they did after all eliminate several thousand positions between 2012-2013.
    05-04-13 07:24 PM
    Updating an old thread.

The reboot issue has mostly been solved with recent OS versions, and 10.2 will have a "task manager" sort of utility built-in.
    08-03-13 03:10 PM
    I would live to see one in a future update
    Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 04:29 AM