Hello,
    I would like to know if there is an application than could set the phone in airplane mode but with conditions :
    Exemple : I would like my phone to automatically switch in airplane mode if there is no activity during one hour (no activity = i'm not using the phone) past 11pm. This way, it would preserve the battery and I wouldn't be worried everyday by doing it manually.
    I know Tasker can do that on the Android platform but do we have something similar for BB10 ?
    Thank you for your help !

Posted via CB10
    05-27-20 05:22 PM
    Hello,
    I would like to know if there is an application than could set the phone in airplane mode but with conditions :
    Exemple : I would like my phone to automatically switch in airplane mode if there is no activity during one hour (no activity = i'm not using the phone) past 11pm. This way, it would preserve the battery and I wouldn't be worried everyday by doing it manually.
    I know Tasker can do that on the Android platform but do we have something similar for BB10 ?
    Thank you for your help !

Posted via CB10
    Bron? Action Trigger? Not sure but you can check them out.
    05-27-20 06:22 PM
    Thank you ! I'll have a try and let you know

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 01:59 AM
    you could use Night Keeper. While it would not be a timed advent like you are looking for , yo can set it up to toggle everything off at specific times. You may even contact the developer to see if they may be able to help.
    05-28-20 02:26 PM
    Put the phone in night mode

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 01:34 AM
    Did tried Action Trigger. Does not allows to work with airplane mode unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 03:10 AM
    you could use Night Keeper. While it would not be a timed advent like you are looking for , yo can set it up to toggle everything off at specific times. You may even contact the developer to see if they may be able to help.
    In bbworld ?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 03:11 AM
    Put the phone in night mode

Posted via CB10
    I was searching for an app doing it automatically, I don't want to repeat the exact same action every day

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 03:12 AM
    Did tried Action Trigger. Does not allows to work with airplane mode unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for getting back to us with that. Sorry it didn't work out.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 07:26 AM
    I've checked the docs for 3 platforms: android, ios, BB 10. All of them do not provide API to manage this setting. There are mentions regarding private API (jailbreak), scripts under root access on Android, etc. but nothing for BB. It was possible for early (before 4.2 or similar) Androids though.
    If I understood correctly Tasker on Android emulates the manual flow of going into Settings (something like Selenium if I'm not mistaken).

Apparently, manufacturers treat Flight Mode as a secure thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 09:04 AM
    In Google Play
    05-30-20 09:05 AM
    I was searching for an app doing it automatically, I don't want to repeat the exact same action every day

Posted via CB10
    I see your point .
    I use night mode every night. It's just one swipe away from the lock screen and I like the look of the watch on the screen. :d

Posted via CB10
    06-03-20 01:36 AM
    I've checked the docs for 3 platforms: android, ios, BB 10. All of them do not provide API to manage this setting. There are mentions regarding private API (jailbreak), scripts under root access on Android, etc. but nothing for BB. It was possible for early (before 4.2 or similar) Androids though.
    If I understood correctly Tasker on Android emulates the manual flow of going into Settings (something like Selenium if I'm not mistaken).

Apparently, manufacturers treat Flight Mode as a secure thing.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your research ! You're assumption about Tasker is right. I asked to a friend and he told me the same

Posted via CB10
    06-03-20 01:38 AM
    Yes, it's a shame they didn't bring the old scheduled Bedtime mode over from the old BBOS.

I thought Profile Changer Pro could have done it but I just tried and it isn't allowed to switch to Bedside Mode.

I guess you've worked out that you're going to have to manualy switch to/from bedside mode with a swipe it Quick Setting shortcut if you have a PKB BB10. Bedside mode options can be selected from the swipe down options in the system Clock app and wireless data can be on or off in this profile.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-20 01:05 AM