Hi all,

Just got my Q10 today, all new to the world of BB (been a happy Nokia E71 user for the past 6 years). All looking good so far except for one thing with my emails: I cannot get my emails sent from the Q10 to show up in Gmail. Here is my setup.

Using Gmail with the Gmail feature "Send email as" for one of my 3rd party accounts that support POP access only, to get full IMAP functionality and a decent web interface. When writing emails from the Gmail web interface, the emails are send through the SMTP server of that 3rd party account. Since that doesn't work for programs accessing the Gmail SMTP server, I have set up Thunderbird and iOS to send the emails directly to the 3rd party SMTP server instead and it works like a charm. Attempting the same setup with my Q10 works with the exception that sent email is not properly copied over to the sent folder on Gmail. When the email is sent I can see a clock-icon turning into that send icon that turns into the check icon. A second later the email disappears. It is nowhere to be found on the device as well as on Gmail. However the email has successfully made it to its intended recipients. "Append messages to sent folder" for the account is set to On.
    Running BB10 10.2.1.2102.

Any ideas are / feedback is appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Gundy
    05-02-14 07:41 PM
    Can anyone help here?
    05-06-14 12:38 PM
    I confirm this issue still remains.
    I have an identical situation on a Passport updated to 10.3.0.908.
    01-31-15 12:15 PM
    More weirdness.

I set up the account from scratch, not using specifying the account was a Gmail account.
    I did this specifically to prevent BB from doing Gmail specific stuff such as possibly discarding sent mail, as for normal gmail sent mail would always be available in the sent email folder.

I was pleased to see that emails sent after this where stored, and were visible in the BB hub, as well as in the sent email folder. Everything is good.

However, when the sent email folder is done syncing, then all email sent from the BB disappear from view. It seems that the very process of syncing the IMAP folder erases all copied originating from the device. My android devices or desktop devices have no issues syncing sent mail via IMAP.

I can only conclude that this must be a bug in BB10.
    01-31-15 01:43 PM
    Thanks for confirming. I do see the same strangeness in behaviour, even after upgrading to 10.3.1.1450 on my Q10 and I can confirm that for example my iPad (iOS 7.x) does not have this issue.
    01-31-15 02:40 PM
    It should be noted that email sent from other platforms (and synced to the sent mail folder) are displayed properly in the hub as outgoing email. It is just the mail sent from the BB device that never makes it into the sent folder.

Having the outgoing email on automatic BCC would alleviate the problem. However, this feature has been removed in BB10.

When done with a manual BCC, one can see the email being sent. After sending the email will be check-marked marked as sent for a few second until it disappears and is forgotten by BB. Then it will receive the incoming BCC copy, and it will reappear with the check mark. I am at a loss to understand how the outgoing folder copy would fail so spectacularly, but I am wondering if a contributing factor is that I use different user names on the SMTP and IMAP server.
    01-31-15 04:27 PM
    Its possible. Using different user names and passwords for IMAP and SMTP servers as well, a necessary evil when trying to retain your old email address while using Gmail to mange the emails. Why this fails, I don't know, but as for now, the BB10 is the only solutions that fails at this out of the three total I have tried (BB10, iOS, Thunderbird on Windows).
    01-31-15 04:35 PM
    I am having the exact same issue using my Gmail for Education account and I was wondering if you were ever able to find a solution. I use the same usernames for my SMTP and IMAP servers so that doesn't seem to be the issue.
    05-18-15 08:02 PM
    Unfortunately not. Still have the issue and am "living" with it since it seems I have no choice. Still find it a bit of a joke though that the OS that is supposed to be the pure email machine is one that gets it wrong.
    05-19-15 05:58 AM
    Unfortunately not. Still have the issue and am "living" with it since it seems I have no choice. Still find it a bit of a joke though that the OS that is supposed to be the pure email machine is one that gets it wrong.
    You're also using a kludge for your email setup which puts a significant variable into the process. While it's not a standard process, it is possible with SMTP so you may want to check the BlackBerry Support forums for anything directly from BlackBerry on this kind of setup.

http://us.blackberry.com/support.html

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 06:59 AM