Just checked for updates in BlackBerry World manually as I realised I hadn't seen any notifications for updates in the Notifications folder of the Hub for a while and found I had 21 updates waiting for me! And yet not a single notification for any of them.

This has been the case on and off sporadically since the first release of BB10 in January for me. For a while I'll get notifications then they stop appearing then they start coming through again, no rhyme or reason. My OS Version is 10.2.0.1803

Anybody else experience similar issues?

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK
    12-19-13 04:47 AM
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or whether it only checks for updates infrequently.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:22 AM
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or whether it only checks for updates infrequently.
    It is quite obviously a bug since there is no regularity as to when you get upgrade notifications.
    12-19-13 06:44 PM
    I've experienced the same thing. Checked my world yesterday and had 3 updates, not one was pushed to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:36 PM
    It is quite obviously a bug since there is no regularity as to when you get upgrade notifications.
    How have you come to this conclusion, do you document the date and time each update notification appears (and each time a request is made when no updates are found)?

Do you have access to the source code or the specification for the automatic update mechanism?

Just because things do not work as expected does not make it a bug.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:40 PM
    Prior to today the only way I knew an app had been updated was to hear of it on the likes of CB or to coincidentally open the app in BBW and notice that the green Download/Buy button had changed to Update.

Today there was a Star on My World and a list of 17 apps which had updates available. So despite your sarcastic attitude, it's obvious that something server-side has been fixed, unless you want us to believe that all those 17 devs decided to upload their updates on the same day?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:02 AM
    I have been having the same problem for the last month. I never had a problem before.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 08:37 AM
    Yup. FWIW I've always had this problem.
    12-20-13 08:40 AM
    So despite your sarcastic attitude, it's obvious that something server-side has been fixed, unless you want us to believe that all those 17 devs decided to upload their updates on the same day?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not being sarcastic, your server-side solution sounds more like a coincidence to me (as a qualified computer scientist and an experienced software engineer). I have no internal knowledge of BlackBerry Systems however Update notifications are not posted automatically to our devices when an update is made available in BlackBerry World.

It is foolhardy to claim there are obvious bugs when you have no valid test data and no knowledge of BlackBerry's update mechanism. Rash comments do not aide BlackBerry in resolving any issues, they need evidence.

Maybe somebody decided to run the cron job .

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:26 AM
    Just because things do not work as expected does not make it a bug.
    When they don't work properly, it is. There's no legitimate argument to the contrary; it is a bug.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:58 PM
    Prior to today the only way I knew an app had been updated was to hear of it on the likes of CB or to coincidentally open the app in BBW and notice that the green Download/Buy button had changed to Update.

Today there was a Star on My World and a list of 17 apps which had updates available. So despite your sarcastic attitude, it's obvious that something server-side has been fixed, unless you want us to believe that all those 17 devs decided to upload their updates on the same day?

Posted via CB10
    Fixed? Really? Why didn't you get Notifications in Hub about these updates?

I thought so...because the BUG isn't fixed.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:59 PM
    Fixed? Really? Why didn't you get Notifications in Hub about these updates?

I thought so...because the BUG isn't fixed.

Posted via CB10
    I have had 4 app updates in the past 2 days with notifications in the hub. So yes, at the moment, the process is working.
    12-27-13 06:18 AM
    When they don't work properly, it is. There's no legitimate argument to the contrary; it is a bug.

Posted via CB10
    A process issue or other manual error (e.g. somebody forgetting to schedule a cron job) isn't a bug. We don't know what internal procedures BB use to manage software updates. But the evidence here is that updates are currently being notified, when they weren't before, with no intervention from me, so something has been fixed at their end. Hence my original comment stands. YM, of course, MV.
    12-27-13 06:25 AM
    Just happened to me again on my Z10. This time I had a notification of an update for one app, which initially appeared on its own in BlackBerry World under the Updates tab.

I didn't update straight away as I was looking for another app to install first. A few minutes later I went back to the Updates tab and 6 other app updates appeared! No notifications for those.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-23-14 03:11 PM
    App update notifications in Hub still buggy?-img_20140206_213124.png

Just went to my world refreshed and had three updates. So much for this bug being fixed...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:33 PM