thnx for this man
    07-14-15 09:41 AM
    Now, that you understand how permissions work FYI, BlackBerry Guardian protects you from such Android Malware. You can enable it under Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps by switch on Inspect Apps Before Installing.
    07-14-15 11:18 AM
    I suggest to use Play Store to download apps. It has advanced features build in to verify that the downloaded app was not modified and the source is a registered developer.
    07-14-15 11:47 AM
    Now, that you understand how permissions work FYI, BlackBerry Guardian protects you from such Android Malware. You can enable it under Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps by switch on Inspect Apps Before Installing.
    Hello thnx for info,but guardian is already on,i did this after 2 week of purchasing my phone:-)
    07-20-15 05:02 AM
    I suggest to use Play Store to download apps. It has advanced features build in to verify that the downloaded app was not modified and the source is a registered developer.
    But for play store i have to configure
    BlackBerry google id(gid) then google account then playstore,all.kind of hectic.

I used play store in previous months then i uninstalled it coz takes lot of resources cpu,ram,battery.

NOW USING 1MobileMarket,no sign up etc just install n download apps thts it:-)

Anyways i hope 1MobileMarket is also secure,right??
    07-20-15 05:09 AM
    Anyways i hope 1MobileMarket is also secure,right??
    Nah, not really. All sorts of malware to be found on 1Mobile.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-20-15 09:49 AM
    Play store uses barley any resources, if anything it's really light
    07-20-15 09:57 AM
    Nah, not really. All sorts of malware to be found on 1Mobile.
    But there is "nothing to fear" as OP enabled BlackBerry Guardian. It's one of the first step when you installed APKs regardless of the sources (stores or direct download).

That said, why didn't you stick to the Amazon Appstore ? No Google stuff and malware are already filtered... I understand if you don't find what your hearth desires in there, but...

Ha, and about the quoted "nothing to fear" above ; well, there still apps that can copy/store your personal data for further use (selling in some case) and that aren't labelled "Malware".
    07-21-15 07:53 AM
    But there is "nothing to fear" as OP enabled BlackBerry Guardian. It's one of the first step when you installed APKs regardless of the sources (stores or direct download).

That said, why didn't you stick to the Amazon Appstore ? No Google stuff and malware are already filtered... I understand if you don't find what your hearth desires in there, but...

Ha, and about the quoted "nothing to fear" above ; well, there still apps that can copy/store your personal data for further use (selling in some case) and that aren't labelled "Malware".
    Im confused now,
    Tollfeeder says 1mobile has malware

U say gaurdian is there,but gaurdian did't give result
    THIS APP IS NOT KNOWN BY BLACKBERRY TO CONTAIN MALWARE.

What does this mean??

All is,should i uninstall 1mobile?
    Coz after that i'll install playstore for only 1 or two apps which are not available at amazon app store.

What should i do?
    07-25-15 02:13 AM
    What should i do?
    1Mobile is not a malware It's just an Apps Store. Some of the apps available through it can be malware. If so, BlackBerry Guardian will warn you.

The Amazon Appstore contains only app without Google stuff and each one is supposedly scanned before being available there.

And last but not least, BlackBerry World also contains a lot of Android apps repackaged (check the "Built for BlackBerry" logo to know which app is a native one).

If you want to install Android apps not available in either of these stores, better use Snap, as it's a BlackBerry App with which you can access all apps available in the Google Playstore (Malware and with Google dependency apps included).
    07-26-15 12:40 PM
    Thanks,how can I download snap,from where.
    Its not on BlackBerry world.
    08-06-15 07:33 AM
    Thanks,how can I download snap,from where.
    Its not on BlackBerry world.
    How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com
    08-06-15 09:18 AM
    When you use Google ID, register with a junk email account and don't put your real info in. Your personal files keep encrypted on SD....and developer or Google will not be able to get in there...Google is used to fake usernames and people keeping junk email accounts with them so nothing is really ever said about it. You can also use anonymous VPN for your home WiFi if you choose also.

Then you get benefits of Google play, without coughing up info.

SE Passport
    08-13-15 12:38 PM
38 12