Hye There

I am facing some problem which is,Im unable to control some apps permission,plz see images to understand issu.

as 1st and 2nd image shows paytm is by Paytm Mobile Solutions Private Limited,but when i go through app permission is shows its by babitha ,Plz tell me is it a fake app or why it has different details.
    app permissions?-capture.jpg
    app permissions?-img_20150630_231630.png

as in Image no.3 and 4 details are diffrent as by Reliance games and then by Singh Jasvinder,also Iam unable to change the permission to disable Shared file,Location and Phone access.

app permissions?-capture2.jpg
    app permissions?-img_20150630_232151.png
    CAN THE DEVELOPER SEE OR MIS-USE THE INFO,PLZ TELL ME.

Image 5 shows a company development as it allowed me to disable access to SHARED FILES
    app permissions?-img_20150630_234819.png
    07-11-15 08:15 AM
    These are Android apps. You can't change permissions of those.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-11-15 08:29 AM
    As trollfeeder said, these are android apps. On BlackBerry 10, there are native apps which have selective app permissions and there are android apps which has the approach of "all or nothing" permissions.

~.Posted using CB10 on my Z10 running 10.3.1.~
    07-11-15 09:29 AM
    The name you're seeing under the app name doesn't have to reflect the developer's company name. It's whatever name the developer decided to sign the app with (personal name, for example). Where are you getting your apps from? Make sure you're getting them from trusted sources, and not some shady 3rd-party site.

If you want to modify Android app permissions, get the Android app "Advanced Permission Manager". The free version is limited.
    07-12-15 04:11 AM
    These are Android apps. You can't change permissions of those.

Via Pasta CB10
    Hello

Only shadow strike i downloaded fron amazon app store not the others and its only app installed as android.
    07-13-15 02:40 AM
    The name you're seeing under the app name doesn't have to reflect the developer's company name. It's whatever name the developer decided to sign the app with (personal name, for example). Where are you getting your apps from? Make sure you're getting them from trusted sources, and not some shady 3rd-party site.

If you want to modify Android app permissions, get the Android app "Advanced Permission Manager". The free version is limited.
    Hello i downloaded paytm app from blackberry world and shadows strike from amazon app store.i don't download fron non trusted source.
    07-13-15 02:42 AM
    Hello

Only shadow strike i downloaded fron amazon app store not the others and its only app installed as android.
    There are Android apps on BlackBerry World as well not just native ones.

Via Pasta CB10
    07-13-15 03:15 AM
    Oh no

Then anyone can tell me if any app has option to access SHARED FILES then what does this means??
    07-13-15 05:01 AM
    Oh no

Then anyone can tell me if any app has option to access SHARED FILES then what does this means??
    It means just what it says. Has access to your shared files. It can read them, see them, copy them, write to them, delete them. If you deny access to shared files, the game or app will NOT be able to write it's own configuration files, won't be able to save your game data.
    07-13-15 05:23 AM
    Here you will find permissions explained http://m.crackberry.com/explaining-b...on-permissions

Via Pasta CB10
    07-13-15 05:26 AM
    Here you will find permissions explained Explaining BlackBerry 10 Application Permissions | CrackBerry.com

Via Pasta CB10
    That article is pretty old now, the Permissions have changed a lot, official list is here: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...blepermissions
    07-13-15 05:32 AM
    That article is pretty old now, the Permissions have changed a lot, official list is here: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...blepermissions

According to developer. BlackBerry
    Shared Files
    Read and write files that are shared between all apps on the device.
    (what is files shared between all apps)

Hye i gone through the above link but it has same info

Can any one elaborate with example?

Eg. My phone z3 has my pictures in sd card and internal memory so SHARED FILES means,any app which has this option enabled,they can copy my pictures??
    Or they can't as?

What is the exact mean of shared?? For me shared is like i made a folder in dropbox and shared it with a link.
    07-13-15 07:56 AM
    It means just what it says. Has access to your shared files. It can read them, see them, copy them, write to them, delete them. If you deny access to shared files, the game or app will NOT be able to write it's own configuration files, won't be able to save your game data.
    Hye what exactly SHARED FILES means,i didn't shared any picture etc from.my phone then??
    07-13-15 07:57 AM
    Hye i gone through the above link but it has same info

Can any one elaborate with example?

Eg. My phone z3 has my pictures in sd card and internal memory so SHARED FILES means,any app which has this option enabled,they can copy my pictures??
    Or they can't as?

What is the exact mean of shared?? For me shared is like i made a folder in dropbox and shared it with a link.
    Yes, any apps with Shared Files permission can copy your pictures

Z10STL100-1/10.3.2.2204
    07-13-15 08:01 AM
    Shared Files means the Application has access to the file system, it can read, write and edit files.
    Yes it can see your pictures,

Should you be worried and have a panic attack? No.
    07-13-15 08:09 AM
    Shared Files means the Application has access to the file system, it can read, write and edit files.
    Yes it can see your pictures,

Should you be worried and have a panic attack? No.
    Yes im worried if they can copy my pictures my documents stored in BlackBerry.
    Then how BlackBerry is secure:-/

Any solution to this? Or anyone heard that any app misused data of client??
    07-13-15 08:20 AM
    Yes im worried if they can copy my pictures my documents stored in BlackBerry.

Look, you need to learn to trust developers, you can't expect every App to work without certain permissions, they need to write Settings somehow.....

If you think every App with access to the File System is going to steal your pictures then you should go back to Blackboards and chalk..

There will always be some bad Apples, you just need to use your initiative, if it looks fishy and you see that it's using Internet without explanation then remove it.

Then how BlackBerry is secure:-/
    You've completely misunderstood why BlackBerry has the reputation of secure Devices.
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-13-15 08:40 AM
    Look, you need to learn to trust developers, you can't expect every App to work without certain permissions, they need to write Settings somehow.....

If you think every App with access to the File System is going to steal your pictures then you should go back to Blackboards and chalk..

There will always be some bad Apples, you just need to use your initiative, if it looks fishy and you see that it's using Internet without explanation then remove it.

You've completely misunderstood why BlackBerry has the reputation of secure Devices.
    Okay u mean to say i have to trust them,okay i'll and sure im gonna remove only single android game which is not allowing to remove shared permission.

Do tell me advance permission manager,i got it on amazon app store,its damn paid:-0
    07-13-15 08:49 AM
    Okay u mean to say i have to trust them,okay i'll and sure im gonna remove only single android game which is not allowing to remove shared permission.

Do tell me advance permission manager,where can i download??
    You're removing every single Android App then... it's the OS not allowing the permission changes not the App.

Frankly you're paranoid to hell, you might want to look at your PC and see what Apps have access as well.. :sigh:

Download App Ops
    07-13-15 08:52 AM

Do tell me advance permission manager,where can i download??
    Google Play Store, Amazon (But that has it's own caveats).
    avantm likes this.
    07-13-15 08:52 AM
    You're removing every single Android App then... it's the OS not allowing the permission changes not the App.

Frankly you're paranoid to hell, you might want to look at your PC and see what Apps have access as well.. :sigh:

Download App Ops
    Dear paulwallace1234

i appreciate your help,but if it comes to pc then im aware about it,coz i was senior dot net engineer,so better im aware now im entrepreneur,and im using bb os 10 device first time,previously i used torch 9860,which was kind of smartphone,so whatever u r saying don't get angry,i was asking for help,not for your bad kind of COMMENTS,so please if u don't want to help then don't post for any fresher.
    Coz they realy need help at first.

Im a hackintosher at tonymac86,osx86,olarila,I DON'T GET ANGRY IF SOME ONE EVEN ASK RIDICULOUS KIND OF QUESTION,its my duty to help them if i want to.
    07-14-15 09:11 AM
    Google Play Store, Amazon (But that has it's own caveats).
    I have downloaded from 1market.

amazon it charging for that app.
    07-14-15 09:11 AM
    Well I did just try to help, I suggested App Ops on my previous post, it's an Android Permissions editor
    avantm likes this.
    07-14-15 09:16 AM
    Dear paulwallace1234

i appreciate your help,but if it comes to pc then im aware about it,coz i was senior dot net engineer,so better im aware now im entrepreneur,and im using bb os 10 device first time,previously i used torch 9860,which was kind of smartphone,so whatever u r saying don't get angry,i was asking for help,not for your bad kind of COMMENTS,so please if u don't want to help then don't post for any fresher.
    Coz they realy need help at first.

Im a hackintosher at tonymac86,osx86,olarila,I DON'T GET ANGRY IF SOME ONE EVEN ASK RIDICULOUS KIND OF QUESTION,its my duty to help them if i want to.

app permissions?-3hwf.jpeg

Via Pasta CB10
    07-14-15 09:25 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3hwf.jpeg 
Views:	624 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	362438

Via Pasta CB10
    good picture
    07-14-15 09:40 AM
38 12