Is so difficult to program headless app? Color Led and Hub + + are good apps but activate them each time to put them in the background is uncomfortable. Some developer can explain to us why are not implemented immediately this type of app.: Pianto:
    04-07-13 08:01 AM
    Developers would program headless apps in a heartbeat if they could. They have to wait for BlackBerry to release the API to allow them to do so

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and nsurace like this.
    04-07-13 08:07 AM
    How long is slated for release?
    04-07-13 08:12 AM
    Ot: your avatar is gorgeous!
    04-07-13 08:12 AM
    I'm not sure. I hears rumours of 10.1 but I also heard that was false. I'm not sure a definite time frame has been given.

Posted via CB10
    ddddafadf likes this.
    04-07-13 08:25 AM
    But apps like GSam Battery Monitor, Gauge Battery Widget works in background! Why?
    04-07-13 08:49 AM
    But apps like GSam Battery Monitor, Gauge Battery Widget works in background! Why?
    Because they are android ports and the Android VM is always running. That allows some ported apps to run in the background (from within the Android Player).
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-07-13 09:07 AM
    Faceless apps will show up eventually. BlackBerry is releasing features bit by bit. They have to get their resource management under control because they let De vs run wild with them.
    Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 09:07 AM
    Headless apps are on the roadmap: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/

We're expecting to get support for that at or a short time after the BlackBerry Live conference in the middle of May. Don't expect most developers to be able to ship apps taking advantage of it before June at the earliest.

(Some already have preview access, but only a small handful of special partner firms with close ties to BlackBerry.)
    diegonei likes this.
    04-07-13 10:34 AM
    Headless apps are on the roadmap: https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...loads/roadmap/

We're expecting to get support for that at or a short time after the BlackBerry Live conference in the middle of May. Don't expect most developers to be able to ship apps taking advantage of it before June at the earliest.

(Some already have preview access, but only a small handful of special partner firms with close ties to BlackBerry.)
    Good news! I have a nice app idea but it needs this background processing API to actually be of any value.
    04-07-13 10:57 AM
    I'm glad it's at least in "planning" status but probably means we won't see this until 10.2 or later.
    But in all truth, this should've been available from the get-go (10.0).
    04-09-13 08:01 PM
    I'm glad it's at least in "planning" status but probably means we won't see this until 10.2 or later.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think new APIs require an OS update. They just have to update the SDK for developers if I understand correctly.

Posted via CB10
    SebastianNap likes this.
    04-09-13 08:52 PM
    QNX is already able to run headless apps. The issue is, BlackBerry hasn't provided developers with the proper tools to create applications that are able to run in the background. It is the apps, not the Operating System.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 10:06 AM
    Android had this same limitation in 2.x. Alert apps had to always be running with an icon/entry in the notification bar.

Posted on a Z10 via CB10
    04-10-13 11:15 AM