I came across this article about developers preferring to develop apps for Ubuntu Touch (an OS that isn't in the general community as yet) rather than BlackBerry 10, according to an IDC report.

Could this be true?

Does anyone have something that counters/refutes this IDC research?

Link below:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/07/1...n-ubuntu-touch
    07-02-13 08:48 PM
    I came across this article about developers preferring to develop apps for Ubuntu Touch (an OS that isn't in the general community as yet) rather than BlackBerry 10, according to an IDC report.

Could this be true?

Link below:

Survey Shows Strong Developer Interest in Ubuntu Touch, Firefox OS | OMG! Ubuntu!
    That survey was done by a company that wouldn't be happy with BB10 since they aren't needed to develop apps. Take it with a grain of salt.
    Tony Maestre likes this.
    07-02-13 08:55 PM
    someone always has something to say about bb in general they want to hate on premium because bb is coming up fast in the race and they dont want that to happen... so dont sweat that crap its just poison in your ears
    07-02-13 09:46 PM
    Whatever, if their performance on desktop is any indication, Ubuntu on mobile was created only because Canonical felt that the mobile market wasn't fragmented enough for their tastes (cf. Mir, Unity)

And if desktop is any indication, then it will make BB10 alpha on PlayBook look like a supercomputer.

Debian forever.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:23 AM

Could this be true?

Link below:

Survey Shows Strong Developer Interest in Ubuntu Touch, Firefox OS | OMG! Ubuntu!
    There is another thread about this http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...h-dear-824386/

They surveyed users of Appcellerator. Not what I would call a representative sample of developers.
    07-03-13 07:38 AM