Just tried to update the eBay app on my Passport, am getting the 'app cannot be installed' error message from BlackBerry Android Runtime. I see that the current app appears to be a major update (v5.0.0.x), I assume that it needs a newer version of the runtime? Is it time for a repository of APKs compatible with OS10.3? I searched the forum but don't see anything like this yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 05:23 AM
    It would be nice if someone could keep up with what the limits were for BB10 and catalog all the fully working versions of key Android apps.
    03-16-17 07:17 AM
    This would make our phones much more usable. Could someone do this and request small donations for the effort?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 04:37 PM
    For free/libre apk, you have F-droid app/repository, and most of apps doesn't require google services, so these apps will work much better than most of commercial software

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 08:01 AM
    For free/libre apk, you have F-droid app/repository, and most of apps doesn't require google services, so these apps will work much better than most of commercial software

Posted via CB10
    What is F-droid app repository?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 10:10 PM
    What is F-droid app repository?

Posted via CB10
    https://f-droid.org/
    03-20-17 10:13 PM
    An alternative to google play/bb world.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 07:09 AM
    In the sense that there are apps there, sure. But not in the sense that you're going to find a lot of mainstream apps there. It's an app repository for apps that are open-source and have no external dependencies (like Google Mobile Services). You won't find Netflix, SnapChat, Facebook, etc. there - but the apps that are available should run well on BB10, as long as they don't require Android 4.4 or higher.
    03-22-17 12:46 PM
    In the sense that there are apps there, sure. But not in the sense that you're going to find a lot of mainstream apps there. It's an app repository for apps that are open-source and have no external dependencies (like Google Mobile Services). You won't find Netflix, SnapChat, Facebook, etc. there - but the apps that are available should run well on BB10, as long as they don't require Android 4.4 or higher.
    03-22-17 12:46 PM