I've created a download site to archive APK files that are compatible with BlackBerry 10. I'm wondering if you guys have any favorite APK apps that you recommend I add to it?
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-04-19 09:34 AM
    I've created a download site to archive APK files that are compatible with BlackBerry 10. I'm wondering if you guys have any favorite APK apps that you recommend I add to it?
    Instead of hosting, maybe you should just collect apkmirror links. It would save you time and storage.
    03-04-19 10:16 AM
    Instead of hosting, maybe you should just collect apkmirror links. It would save you time and storage.
    Thanks but considering I already have created the site i'm pretty committed. Plus I wanted a place to browse only tested bb10 APKs.
    It's mostly for my own use lol but I'm making it public in case someone wants to use it.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    03-04-19 10:22 AM
    Thanks but considering I already have created the site i'm pretty committed. Plus I wanted a place to browse only tested bb10 APKs.
    It's mostly for my own use lol but I'm making it public in case someone wants to use it.
    Cool.

The only reason I mentioned it is that for people that are security conscious, they may appreciate the policies enacted for apkmirror - a trusted source for verifying developer signatures and true app authentication.

That way, you can simply off-load the security part by just using links.
    03-04-19 10:24 AM
    Cool.

The only reason I mentioned it is that for people that are security conscious, they may appreciate the policies enacted for apkmirror - a trusted source for verifying developer signatures and true app authentication.

That way, you can simply off-load the security part by just using links.
    Good point. I put a notice up that i'm using apkpure to download directly from the play store - but not sure if that is enough for most people. But definitely i'll consider Apkmirror too.
    03-04-19 10:28 AM
    On second thought I think i'm going to download from Apkmirror since they seem to have the most solid reputation.. and i'll also provide an alternative link in the descriptions direct to Apkmirror if people prefer to download directly from them.

But if anyone has any favorite apps that they recommend, let me know.
    03-04-19 05:28 PM
    You could open a store on Aptoide for BB10-compatible apps. That way you can host your own apps and have the benefit of independently verified security checks. Such a store was actually already set up a few years ago, but the project fell dormant.

Not sure how stable the Aptoide app istelf is on BlackBerry 10 these days, though.
    tommel2 likes this.
    03-04-19 06:01 PM
    On second thought I think i'm going to download from Apkmirror since they seem to have the most solid reputation.. and i'll also provide an alternative link in the descriptions direct to Apkmirror if people prefer to download directly from them.

But if anyone has any favorite apps that they recommend, let me know.
    Hey forever10,

This is awesome! Good work! Did I miss the link to the site?

Also, are you accepting apps that have been modified to make them BB10-compatible? I have a few of those I've done for people which I'll be happy to send your way.
    bb9900user2018 and tommel2 like this.
    03-05-19 04:41 PM
    You could open a store on Aptoide for BB10-compatible apps. That way you can host your own apps and have the benefit of independently verified security checks. Such a store was actually already set up a few years ago, but the project fell dormant.

Not sure how stable the Aptoide app istelf is on BlackBerry 10 these days, though.
    Aptoide is stable and was great for a long time, but now appears to be serving ads via the app. If that's not the case I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I've switched to APKPure due to their hosting of multiple versions of apps (thus increasing the chances of finding ones compatible with BB10).
    03-05-19 04:43 PM
    For me just knowing the "last and best" for BB10 would be great especially if maintained in some easily accessible document e.g. as a weblink.
    To start:
    For all of the following the "latest available" still seems to work fine on BB10:

Audible 2.34.0
    BBC iPlayer 4.60.0.1
    BBC iPlayer Radio 2.15.4.11016*
    Ghost Commander 1.56.6
    Glympse Express 1.01
    WhatsApp 2.19.35**

* This will soon be replaced by the ghastly BBC Sounds, for which I have found no working version of apk that will install on BB10.

** This updates so frequently (daily?!) that I cannot keep up but so far the "latest" works though needs WhatsApp Fixer in order to upload photos. Even with WF I cannot upload videos, however short. Is this your experiebce?

The following are, I think. The last working versions for BB10:

Classic FM 4.10.14
    CNN 2.8
    Firefox 48.0
    Google Maps 9.64.1.964100124
    Kindle 7.8.1.5
    Netflix 3.16.0.5294
    Radioplayer 3.10.306.10
    Skype 7.46.0.596
    Wikipedia 2.6.203

I cannot find any working version, at all, of

Glympse
    RingGo
    BBC News
    Guardian News
    Amazon
    Uber

Fergus

Posted via CB10
    03-06-19 04:56 AM

I cannot find any working version, at all, of

RingGo
    I am using Ringo APK 6.9.1.4 successfully. It was downloaded from the Yalp store

Before that I used the native browser to access their site https://m.myringgo.com/login and that worked very well. I saved a homescreen shortcut.

P.S. I hate BBC Sounds in so many ways! I'm sick of hearing about it on the radio and it is clearly a backwards step from what I've seen and heard from others. What's wrong with them? That had it so good on radio!

Posted via CB10
    WES51 likes this.
    03-06-19 03:53 PM
    Thank you! for heads up on RingGo and for shared commentary on Sounds.
    Also, for nearly all mentioned I agree that the host website itself offers a satisfactory experience that may in some instances be quicker or easier than the app. For others this is not the case.
    I think we'll be able to manage 2020 and beyond with some confidence using collective experience.
    Another useful thread additional to this one on
    "APKs that Work Well"
    would most definitely be
    "Good Alternatives to BBW-sourced apps".
    I'm quite bothered where to find a good alternative for all of
    CrackBerry! , Hello GPS, ShortCutIt, ContactsImEx, WhatsAppFixer.
    I have found a great alternative to the BBW offering
    FTP Server
    which is
    SwiFTP
    and incidentally this is so similar as to be identical and, I am sure, identically sourced. But the other 5 listed are definitely a worry as 2020 nears. Brexit is a mere sideshow in comparison.
    Thanks again.
    Fergus

Posted via CB10
    03-06-19 10:07 PM
    I'd be interested in an Uber app or if it can be made to work in the browser.

I think I got as far as booking on the mobile website, but it then failed. Maybe I should try booking in an Android browser and reporting back. Might have to take an Uber on Saturday.

Fergus: we seem to have similar tastes in news and (occasionally) music. Are you enjoying Scala this month? I've only managed to tune a few times but so far so good. Must catch Mayo's show, although I found him rather rude to callers.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-19 02:40 AM
    Try m.uber.com. It looks as though it works perfectly in the BB10 browser but I haven't taken it to the bitter end of actually booking a ride.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-19 03:21 AM
    Bit more on RingGo 6.9.1.4:
    It works (you can book and pay for parking) but it has the Google Play Services nag. Easily trimmed using Cobalt's fix. I haven't worked out whether it shows maps well, or at all.
    Just added Waze 4.49.0.3 to the list of "current, working in BB10".

Posted via CB10
    03-09-19 10:30 AM
    Here are some apks I use:

Gasbuddy
    Sound Hound
    Content Transfer
    Ebay
    Browsie (I still use the native browser, I think its better but a second browser never hurts)
    Sms backup

Some games:
    Fury road
    Biterator

Posted via CB10
    03-09-19 11:08 AM
    Just successfully downloaded installed and used
    BBC iPlayer 4.61.0.3
    WhatsApp 2.19.75
    Incidentally noticed an occasional recurrent annoying glitch: when an update fails with the error message "you haven't enough room.. .." then restarting the device provides the required space, but resuming the "update" reveals it to be a new "installation". So, for instance, WhatsApp has to go through the 6 digit text confirmation. Etc etc. Really annoying.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-19 04:07 AM
    Here are some apks I use:
    Content Transfer
    How do you employ the Content Transfer App?

Can you use it to reliably get your data off BB10 and back to BB10 or does it work one way only, from BB10 to Android?

In other words would this work as an Android based Backup App for BB10?
    03-16-19 10:11 AM
    How do you employ the Content Transfer App?

Can you use it to reliably get your data off BB10 and back to BB10 or does it work one way only, from BB10 to Android?

In other words would this work as an Android based Backup App for BB10?
    No. There is a different, older app in BlackBerry World for moving from BB10 to BB10. If I remember correctly, it's called Device Switch and is listed with other official BlackBerry apps? I've never used it, so I can't say how useful it is.
    03-18-19 01:21 PM
    No. There is a different, older app in BlackBerry World for moving from BB10 to BB10. If I remember correctly, it's called Device Switch and is listed with other official BlackBerry apps? I've never used it, so I can't say how useful it is.
    Never mind, the developer is Media Mushroom.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/27535024/
    03-18-19 01:26 PM
    Never mind, the developer is Media Mushroom.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/27535024/
    Or maybe I used it when I switched from Android to BB10? Can't remember. Anyway, that's the official app for switching between BB10 devices.

I used BlackBerry Link the only time I switched between BB10 devices. I loaded a full backup of the old phone onto the new one, which transfers much more than the Device Switch app. Whether that was a good idea or screwed me down the line by introducing serious bugs I can't say.
    03-18-19 01:35 PM
    Thanks for chiming in. I have the Content Transfer App from Media Mushroom. By the way it stays on the phone even after removal of BBID / resetting the phone via link.

BUT I have yet to fond out how to use it BB10 to BB10. Currently the only use I have found for it was one-way from BB10 to Android.
    03-18-19 01:42 PM
    Thanks for chiming in. I have the Content Transfer App from Media Mushroom. By the way it stays on the phone even after removal of BBID / resetting the phone via link.

BUT I have yet to fond out how to use it BB10 to BB10. Currently the only use I have found for it was one-way from BB10 to Android.
    I'm talking about a different app called Device Switch. Follow the BlackBerry World link above.
    03-18-19 10:24 PM
    What is the site?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-19 10:44 PM
    I used Device Switch to go from a Q10 to a Classic less than a year ago. Worked like a dream!

I'm talking about a different app called Device Switch. Follow the BlackBerry World link above.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    03-25-19 11:37 PM
29 12