Hi, I have a blackberry classic and my whatsapp just got outdated. I downlaoded the new apk like usual but it won't even open to the screen for install. It's always "Unable to install". I tried older apk files and none of them are able to get to the install screen. The android apps installed all function like normal.

So I tried doing a conversion of apk to bar and sideloading it, so i could install it with DBBTool, but none of the converters seem to be working anymore.

I then saw that the issue of the apk's not being able to be installed could be a bad runtime file in the OS and that if I replace them it may work. Unfortunately with Sachesi it gives Error 3.

With many dead links and fragmented information, does someone here know if there still exists something that could convert the new whatsapp apk to the bar file? That would seem as the easiest approach as i have no problem sideloading bar files.

Thanks
    06-05-22 01:54 PM
    Hi, I have a blackberry classic and my whatsapp just got outdated. I downlaoded the new apk like usual but it won't even open to the screen for install. It's always "Unable to install". I tried older apk files and none of them are able to get to the install screen. The android apps installed all function like normal.

So I tried doing a conversion of apk to bar and sideloading it, so i could install it with DBBTool, but none of the converters seem to be working anymore.

I then saw that the issue of the apk's not being able to be installed could be a bad runtime file in the OS and that if I replace them it may work. Unfortunately with Sachesi it gives Error 3.

With many dead links and fragmented information, does someone here know if there still exists something that could convert the new whatsapp apk to the bar file? That would seem as the easiest approach as i have no problem sideloading bar files.

Thanks
    Delete the old one first. Then install the new apk.

If that doesn't work, what exact OS build are you on?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-22 01:58 PM

Thanks
    Converting an apk to bar is a waste of time even if you can find a converting program that works anymore. Won't help. As conite says, remove your old version of WA, download and install the new version directly from the WA website. If that doesn't work, find an older version on ApkMirror and install it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-05-22 10:43 PM