I'm just asking if I convert any .apk file to a .bar file and load it in ma BlackBerry will it work well and good..??

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 08:50 AM
    You don't need to. BB10 converts it automatically. Just tap on any apk, and it will install.
    06-01-16 08:58 AM
    No need as BB10 runs apks.

Was the APK designed to run on Android 4.3
    Are there any Google Play/Services interaction required
    Does the apps use databases that might not be installed correctly

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

Is the best solution for installing most Android Apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

Some might require patching....
    06-01-16 09:00 AM
    Also, if you do convert it to a bar file (which is just a "wrapper" anyway), then you have to sideload it using Sachise, DBBTool, or the old BB10/Playbook Chrome browser extension where you have to place the phone in developer mode first.

Kind of a lot of hoops to jump through when you can just copy the apk to your phone, find it in the file manager, and just click it to install.

Either way, the caveats noted in the above posts apply. If the app requires Google Play Services, then converting to a bar won't solve that problem. It has to be patched. And once you go that route, there's no going back. Might as well just go head long into Cobalt's patched Play Services and Play Store. See links posted above.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 10:46 AM
    Thanks for your suggestion or advice. I do know that BlackBerry runs android apps but unfortunately some apps or games lags a lot to hell. That's why I asked if converting could resolve the problem but now I guess I don't. So I'm going to leave the idea... thanks again...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 11:42 AM
    Correct. The app would need to be re-written as a native BB10 app using BB10 APIs. An outside conversion from apk to bar does not re-write the actual code.

While BlackBerry did make several tools available back when they were trying to get developers on board to make such conversions to native BB10, many chose the easier "port" option. A lot of the "ported" android apps were simply wrapper conversions of the apk to bar files to be made available in BBW, but they were still android apps running on the Android runtime.

And, yeah, performance takes a hit staying with the android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 12:28 PM
    So isn't there any ways to run high memory game or app without lags or being crashed...???

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 02:12 PM
    So isn't there any ways to run high memory game or app without lags or being crashed...???

Posted via CB10
    Not without an actual Android phone?
    06-01-16 02:15 PM