Hey everyone,

I am a developer for blackberry 10, currently in the process of building 2 apps, and I also built a countdown app as one of my introductory to the bb10 system.

Clock API
    I would really like to see RIM open up BB10's clock feature so users can have the option to place events in their day as dots around the clock. Currently they have the alarm clock dot that can be moved around, but i wish they could allow other dots for say fb events or anything else the user wants. Talking to someone, they said it would be too cumbersome as there would be too many dots and it would confuse the user, but what if the user is given 'the option' to choose whether certain events would have clock access or not. I think this fits in with the entire flow mentality. As a developer for example, I would connect my countdown app to the clock so users can see on their clock the blue dot that shows when the countdown ends for example.

Voice Application
    Its confirmed RIM is working on a personal assistant application like Google Now and SIRI, so I really want them to open up the API to developers to connect to the personal assistant. Again keeping with the countdown app for simplicity, if I wanted to put a countdown for next monday i should be able to say something like 'Blackberry add countdown using countdown app for Monday, October 31st 6pm for Meeting with Partners'.

Also, I think studios can create 'voice themes' so these development studios can build various voice packs for the application. They could sell on the app world and you could literally pay and download voice packs such as 'italian, cowboy, canadian, british, zombie etc.' for your voice application.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by mrmartis; 10-29-12 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    Sansu94 likes this.
    10-29-12 09:24 AM
    I say keep them API's a coming! more ....more...more
    10-29-12 09:36 AM
    I like the voice idea.
    mrmartis likes this.
    10-29-12 09:36 AM
    I think it would be a better use of time if they skipped the voice app and worked on something else. Although I'm sure I'd use it on my work phone, anyone at RIM who even glanced at this forum once after SIRI came out would know that not many BB enthusiast feel that SIRI is useful. They don’t see any need to talk to you phone and have it perform commands that can be easily done by hand.

Again, I’d use it for work as it frequently use SIRI in my personal life, but based on the feedback around here I don’t think it’s something RIM should be spending valuable time on.
    mrmartis likes this.
    10-29-12 11:04 AM
    I partially agree with @pri9269, I think there definetely needs to be the personal assistant app because if BB10 wants to launch with everything other platforms have and more, it needs to have it. I agree many BB enthusiasts dont care for it, but its one of those things that are non-essential but are the bells and whistles that people love to kill time with. Moving forward just wooing blackberry enthusiasts is not going to be enough, they need bb10 to get others from other platforms to jump to bb10. More than anything its a frame of mind, if bb10 has EVERYTHING iOS and Android has, i.e. apps, cloud, voice application then a user at a store buying the phone, people will go huh but blackberry has amazing usability, peek, and flow is what becomes the features users will think apple and android dont have. Its more marketing and customer perception than anything, but for usuability and functionality Blackberry People Do, and giving them a voice tool to help them better do is #winwinwin. But I agree they shouldn't spend too much valuable time on it, they should spend that on other parts of the OS.

What do ya think pri?
    10-29-12 11:15 AM